Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #1  

Smile The Shake It Club! Let's Support Each Other...!

Hello!

I belong to a medically supervised program at a hospital in Boston, where I meet with a group of fellow "shakers" once a week.

We purchase our shakes and bars (and puddings and soups and crunchy things) there. It is not a VLCD but an LCD, and we are required to have a genrous dinner of protein and vegetables -- cooked and raw -- each night, along with our two shakes and a bar, or other meal replacement products recommended for the program followers.

Is anyone doing anything like this, and would you like to join the group so we can support each other on our journey?

I started in August and originally lost 27.5 pounds (in the first 2.5 months), and then got sloppy and gained back a few of them during the holidays.

But I am on a roll (and not eating the roll), and I intend to stay on track.

Slow and steady wins the race!

Join me and my dancing carrot?
Goldiloxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #2  
ALM
Started IP 12/01/2010

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5"

Hi there! Your plan sounds a lot like mine with the difference being that I'm not supervised by a dr. What brand are your supplements? You may find some other interesting info in the Ideal Protein group that is in the Low Carb Dieters section.
ALM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #3  

Hi!

We use the Robard New Direction products. They taste great! What is your plan like?

Congrats on being 33 pounds down!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #4  
ALM
Started IP 12/01/2010

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5"

I think our supplements are pretty similar. For bfast I have a protein sup, for lunch I have a protein sup and low carb veggies. For supper it's 5oz protein and more low carb veggies. Then I have a protein sup for a snack. I like it because it's so easy and the supplements really do taste good. How are you enjoying the diet? Do you find it easy to stick to?
ALM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #5  

Easy... well, that's an interesting word. I think I'd find it a lot easier to eat whoopie pies.

But it's easier than other plans because the high protein content cuts my hunger. Also, the weekly meetings with the group are super helpful.

It's slowgoing because I take "breaks." Less breaks would mean a faster journey. But the important thing is that I go back, week after week, whether I have gained or have lost.

I'm finding that it really is true that it's a marathon and not a sprint.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #6  
99 lbs. Gone!

I use Bolthouse Farms (found in the produce section) protein drinks. My favorites are mocha cappuccino and hazelnut latte. I also use NuGo Dark protein bars. I use these supplements for three out of the six meals I'm eating each day. For the other three, I have real food. I'm averaging between 200-250 calories per meal.

I tried Wonderslim but found it so artificial tasting, I'm sending back everything but the hotcakes mix. I put the hotcakes mix in the waffle iron and it turned out very well, so it will also be one of my supplements on occasion (when I have time to fuss with waffles).

Last edited by ToutDeSuite; 01-26-2011 at 09:10 AM.
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #7  

Wow, ToutDeSuite! 99 pounds? That's fabulous! And you did this with meal replacements? Do you belong to a formal program?

Last edited by Goldiloxx; 01-26-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #8  
99 lbs. Gone!

I lost it doing my own thing. I don't do well under restrictive and controlled plans.
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #9  

It's funny... the 2 shakes and a bar is never enough food for me. I find, interstingly enough, that when I add snacks throughout the day of protein such as turkey, cheese, eggs, tuna, roast beef -- I lose weight faster. But maybe that's because the protein fills me up and takes away the urge to "take a break" from the plan, which "breaks" tend to happen quickly if I try to just stick to two shakes and a bar...
Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToutDeSuite View Post
I lost it doing my own thing. I don't do well under restrictive and controlled plans.
How does exercise figure in to what you've done? You must be disciplined about that, too!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #11  

Dear Goldiloxx,

Where can the Robard new directions be bought? Are they expensive? My friend was on an HMR program in Boston and loved the taste of their shakes but found the cost too steep?
Thanks

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #12  

Hi Sheridan --

I think you can only get the stuff through a distributor, like a Robard center or a hospital?

Try the Website. They have a way you can contact them to ask questions.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #13  

Dear Goldiloxx( I just love that name),

Thank you for the info -yes it is sold thru a distributor and really best to have some group I gather.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could sign up,have the weight magically fall off and then do the work? lol.

I am going to fire my dietician because she is judging me and that is not working. If I wish to go slow because it is the only way for me ,I expect those paid for their services to support that decision. Gee, I am getting grumpy at the end of the year!

Best wishes for a Happy 2012 and thanks for the info.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #14  

Good luck, Sheridan! And good work in knowing what works for you!

When I started this thread last year, I had fallen off the meal replacement wagon. I didn't realize at that time, though, that I would gain back the 27 pounds I had lost doing it.

Since that time I have solidly figured out that carbs derail me, so I'll be adding some extra protein to my day, since that holds me and keeps me going.

I start back in the group this week, so we'll see what happens.

More to come!