Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #1  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Default frustrated with weighing in -- anybode else not weighing in?

Even though my clothes fit better my scale is not budging at all...I'm thinking of no longer weighing in because I feel frustrated - I've been perfectly on plan for about 2 weeks and no change at all on the scale. It shows 3 pounds lost one day and the next day it's back on again. Never consistent. This is just the start of my weight loss journey. Anyone else not weigh in? Is this normal to not show much difference?
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 206.5/173/173

Height: 5'3"

I put my daily weights in a spreadsheet and calculate a moving average. It gives some direction to the up-and-down-and-all-around.

The scale said I weighed the same today as I did 9 days ago. The spreadsheet says I've lost just over 2lb in the last 9 days.
flourless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #3  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I think most people will tell you that you have to think a little more long term and that daily fluctuations are normal. It would be great if weight loss were simple math but it just doesn't work that way. If your clothes feel better, that's a good sign. If weighing in frustrates you, don't do it. I'm compulsive about weighing every day but I no longer freak out about the weird results, as long as the overall trend is downward.

Good luck!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/182/135

Height: 5'1"

I don't weigh in every day. I think my doctor wants me to, and it's definitely his policy to do so after you reach your "goal weight", but I'm not even sure I'll do it every day then either. Too many things can affect your weight from day-to-day, such as water intake.

I only weigh myself every 3 or 4 days and I write it on a chart on the wall. Even once a week would be better than every day, at least in my opinion. I think overall trends is more imformative than day-to-day changes.

And maybe try to be consistent with everything you're doing? Drink LOTS and LOTS of water to prevent yourself from "holding water" (I've found this actually makes a big difference). And maybe keep your nutrition intake and exercise routine constant for a while, and maybe after a few weeks you'll see better results than being all over the place?

Good luck.
Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I understand completely! I am obsessive about weighing in. I step on it daily, but only record once a week. My clothes are fitting looser, people at work said they can see me toning. I dont see it, lost 6 pounds so far, I usually see a difference at 20. its frustrating because I exercise every day and not seeing the scale move. I do compare myself to others which is hard not to do. but if I am exercising and watching calories in vs burn why cant I lose more then 1 pound/week? I did notice in doing different programs on the treadmill that my ankles get puffy. When I am sore after a workout I can see water retention.. I just think I am working my body harder then I ever have and its fighting me back... I will always step on the scale.. only way I wont is if you took it out of the house.. I dont want to, but I have to look
mgruce is offline   Reply With Quote