View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #23
DesertTabby

S/C/G: 220/148/140(ATM)

Height: 5'2" on a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esofia View Post
Some great soups have resulted from the "grab whatever veg are in the fridge and shove them in a pan" method.

Pasta and lentils is one of our favourites. It's an Egyptian recipe, originally called rishta bi ads. Slice/chop an onion, sauté it in olive oil with ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon, add a tin of green or brown lentils, season with salt and pepper, and serve on pasta with a dab of butter/marg. This makes 2-3 servings depending on how hungry you are, it's very easy, and it's great comfort food.
Shorbat Adas! Man, that is my favorite comfort food! You have to add the black lime too (since I'm the youngest I always get the lumi in the end Love squeezing that into my soup.) Its also the best food to have when you're sick. We add only a little noodles in ours though, so its more red lentil soup and less pasta.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most." - Siddhārtha Gautama
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Dr. Carl Sagan

Last edited by DesertTabby : 12-12-2011 at 03:22 PM.
DesertTabby is offline   Reply With Quote