Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 12/11

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-18-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #2  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Had a nice day yesterday. My two Scots and I went out to my favorite wig store in celebration of 70lbs lost. The two of them are so funny. DD was trying to get me in long hair (which I look terrible in) and DH was roaming the store (that only sells girls products) oh and chatting up the store clerk. He always does these off the wall (sometimes dated) sarcastic sayings which confuses the heck out of young ladies. It cracks me up!

After buying my new wig DD and I went to Target for xmas gifts. OK, I don't like xmas and I don't like Target! I worked for them too long to appreciate any of their stores. AND we found nothing. Apparently I lost a stocking so DD made me pick out a new one. I found one that said "naughty" on it, that fits me to a 't' when it comes to xmas. Then we met back up with DH and went to Chili's for lunch/dinner. Poor DS (the one who actually needs to eat) had to fend for himself.

Diana Thank you for avi comment. We discovered with this weight loss that my face has turned squarish. I have a very strong jaw and have no idea where it came from. My DH has noticed that women's bodies/faces change after babies...loosening of the ligaments to prepare for baby's birth alters the body shape slightly. This is the thinnest I've been since babies so we think this is my after baby look...strong jaw. It's a big strange to see a different person looking back at me

Berry glad you had a nice day yesterday (the cake sounds so good). How did Sven take you weighing less than him?

Well today I started the countdown. I skipped 210 (not complaining). I'm hoping this is a real loss because I'm counting down! This seems so bizarre to me. I'm so close I want to cry. I'll save that for the day I see 199 though

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/201.8/145

Height: 5'6"

I will repost my post for today on here. I didnt even think about it being a new week!

Well I was really disappointed when I weighed this morning, but I cannot be surprised. I was 204.8. I knew I had not been doing as well as I should be. Maybe if I come up with some kind of reward to work for once I hit under 200 lbs I will be more motivated. I have lost around 30 so far, but have never had any kind of reward for reaching a milestone yet. I am starting a new diet tomorrow and maybe this is the focus I need to be more motivated.
agoin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Mamakat What I really noticed about your avatar is that I LOVE your cheeks. From your picture, you look to have a heart shaped face. I also like those red colors (lipstick/shirt) on you. You have a great smile, but your look is also a little devilish. It's like, look at me, I smile so pretty (you don't know this, but I am up to no good. Hee Hee! )
Old 12-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #5  
Life is about balance

Diana You hit the nail on the head...I try to think that before all my pics. I have no idea why. Thank you for the compliment.

agoin rewards are fun. and I think a onederland reward would be awesome for you. I know I'm going to have one. I've waiting for this for years...not sure what it's going to be though. I just got a wig, so I'm thinking a tattoo or two You can do this!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Good day all! Well, my sighing less than DH lasted one day. Ovulation weight gain is rig on cue. Up 1.8 pounds from yesterday. And he was down a pound, but it's a preview of what's ahead. I'll see 171 again in about a week or so a couple more days (probably) of going up and then I'll hold it for a few days and then whoosh!

Going to the gym this week as I really miss it and I don't have all that labor intensive work at home left to do. Just minor stuff.

Mamakat love your new avatar, but I'm confused by your siggie. Are you at 214 and are counting down to 209? Or do you need to change your ticker number to reflect your. Urgent weight? I think it's the latter.

Second question, why do you like wigs? I'm curious as you have hair (something I'm losing fast!)
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #7  
Life is about balance

Berry I hate having hair. I am a wash and go girl. This is actually the longest I've had my hair and I've been wanting to shave it off (but fighting the urge). I know it's weird because I still have a strong thick coat but I've never liked hair (childhood issues-yet again!) I like the wigs because I can have any style at anytime. I love the versatility and the fact I can just pop it on and go. I like that control. I hate having one thing all the time. If I keep my hair less than an inch I have no need for any products, combs or anything. But sometimes I want to feel girly too.

I recommended wigs to the two girls I know here that are losing hair due to their loss. Wigs are fun and fashionable and honestly if it's a good one no one can tell. I have to laugh, I wore one not to long ago on my walk and when I stopped in for a water at my regular zippy mart, the guy who sees me at least three times a weeks says "you've got your hair done up nicely. you get a cut?" OK I have a shaved head (1/2 inch length of hair) and he's asking if I got it cut. That made me laugh. I told him the truth of course and he asked a bunch of really interesting questions that any curious mind would want to know.

So that's why I love wigs...they're like clothing, I guess.

OH...I forgot to answer the second question. I haven't changed my ticker because I do that once a week. I'm hoping tomorrow it will still be 209, but if not I'll own up to it

Last edited by mamakat; 12-11-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #8  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Great job on the loss Mamakat, and I love your avatar!

It was a wonderful night! Way too much fun. Dancing in the cages, dancing on the bar, riding the mechanical bull, drinking wayy too much, and bringing those that still wanted to hang to my house after we got the rest of them home Our DD was wearing his DD bracelet, but think everyone would have known anyway since he was holding all our stuff as us girls got out to "do" stuff, Got worried I held water due to alcohol consumption, but got on the scale this morning to see it didn't move at all YAY!!! 188 on the button again! I guess all the dancing countered the water

Got everyone back home today and have been pretty much laying low since running on VERY little sleep. Went to sleep finally around 5am-ish and was up 3 hrs later to stay. So worth it though, as that was the first time in a year that I have gone out with friends for some fun :P I hope everyone had an awesome weekend!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #9  
PhDelicious

S/C/G: 256/ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

Hello all!

Diana: Thanks for starting us off again!

agoin1: I second mamakat - rewards are great! ESPECIALLY when it's for hurdling the wall into onderland. My big reward when I reach goal is going to be a shopping spree, but I'm planning something smaller when I drop below 200. It's great motivation to keep you on plan!

mamakat: Wearing wigs is definitely tempting... my hair is thick, curly, and generally unruly and boy can it be a pain in the neck! I shaved my head when my mom had to shave hers for chemo in June (my avatar is an old pic from high school) and it's just about back to shoulder length. I definitely didn't like being bald, but I wish I'd thought of wigs... oh well. I guess I'm stuck with my Shirley Temple noggin. Your hair looks fantastic though! You should post a picture of the new wig - what does it look like?

Berry: it's the pits when you start creeping back up again mid-month, but at least you hit your goal before it started up again! What a wonderful birthday present, it's definitely a feeling to hold on to as you go.

It'sMyTurn: Holy smokes! That sounds like more fun than you can shake a stick at. Mechanical bulls are the BEST - I have some great pictures of my friend from her 21st birthday, and I can't wait to torment her with them when she's older, ha!

This weekend was very nice, lots of relaxing and catching my breath after a crazy first quarter of grad school. I've been spending a good portion of my days cooking and writing letters that have been left WAY too long, listening to music, reading... all and all, a very quiet and meditative kind of weekend. It's also great to be back on track with Ripped in 30 - I was tempted to go after the chocolate lava cake in my freezer last night, but I got halfway to the kitchen and could hear Jillian's voice in the back of my head yelling 'No! Turn back! For the love of god, woman, don't do it!!!' so I turned around and quick started up RI30. 20 minutes later I was done, and no more craving! The cake went in the trash, and the trash went in the dumpster. Crisis averted. Whew!
SMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #10  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

SMess - I LOVE when crisis is averted and all ends well!!! Great job! That sounds like a hurdle that you had no problem jumping. As for the bull, I took pictures AND video of my friend on it, LOL! I posted them to facebook immediately from the club before we even left Gotta love modern technology!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #11  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
It was a wonderful night! Way too much fun. Dancing in the cages, dancing on the bar, riding the mechanical bull, drinking wayy too much, and bringing those that still wanted to hang to my house after we got the rest of them home I guess all the dancing countered the water
It sounds like someone had a lot of fun this weekend! You would get me in so much trouble if I could hang out with you!

Let's see, who would contribute more to my delinquency? Itsmyturn or Mamakat?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #12  
Life is about balance

SMess The avi you see is me wearing a wig. My last avi with me and DH at a lake is the length of my real hair (well it's a little longer now, but not by much). I took the short summer hair pic when I lost 50lbs. I thought I needed an update avi.

ItsMyTurn glad that you had a wonderful night out. Did you ride the bull?

Berry I remembered after I posted earlier that you lost hair in the past because of thyroid. I lose a lot of hair every day. I'm not sure if it's thyroid, weight loss or even Celiac's at this point. But we are forever cleaning out drains in this house. Both my kids lose a lot too. And they both have my hair.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #13  
Life is about balance

Diana But let's get the three of us together and then have a party.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #14  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Itsmyturn dancing on the bar? Mechanical bulls? Dancing in cages? Man... That is wayyyyyyyy out of my comfort zone. Chill with ya at a cafe over a decaf something, but that's about as wild as I ever get! Glad it was a great time for you though!

Smess way to go with throwing the cake out. I don't know if I would have such a resolve. I can walk by things and not eat them, but actually throwing them out would be a realllll test of my willpower.

Mamakat so funny about hair and what issues we have and why. I have hair issues too, but it's more that it's always been one of my best features, so I sometimes have had nightmares about a horrible hair cut or my hair falling out. So it is freaking me out that my hair has thinned so much these past couple years.

For me, I am ready for bed. Dh had me up late last night and tonight he's figuring out what we should have deducted for pre-tax medical stuff. Of course, he's doing it the night before the last day, so I have to stay up so we can figure it out.

All signed up for body step tomorrow evening.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 12-11-2011 at 09:56 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

I just finished doing an update to our GPS. Ahhh, the joy. NOT!

I ate some leftover vegetable beef soup, without the beef, for dinner. Between last night's dinner and DH all the beef was gone. I am really full from the soup. I think I ate too late again.

Agoin1 Hang in there. You will find a plan that works for you. Sometime it takes time to get it figured out.

Berry The gym will be a nice change of pace for you.

Smess Great job staying strong against the cake!

Total Approx 1515 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (750 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 600 Calories
Steamed broccoli 100 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low & cream

Dinner (400 Calories)
Big bowl of vegetable soup 400 calories I don't really know

Exercise:
Shape Bikini Body Camp Transforming Potpourri premix (cardio/weights) w/5's, 8's, and 10's
KCM's 30 MTF TLC Conditioning Workout w/weighted gloves