Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #1  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

Default Weird Workout Confessions!

Hi Everyone!
I thought it was time to have a silly/fun topic going on that everyone can enjoy and take part of. Last night I was thinking about how some of my work out rituals are odd to say the least and wondered if I am the only one!

My confession is that I gave up trying to find a good sports bra for the girls. I am rather large chested 32 I or H depending on the store. So instead I wear a regular bra and wrap a tensor bandage around myself to hold the girls down so I can run pain free!

I am done humiliating myself now!
Lets hear some of those confessions!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Red face

Haha, love it! My confession: I'm fine when I work out at the gym, but when I do a video at home, I have to distract myself to get it done. So, I'll put the video in the laptop, place it strategically so I can look at it when I need to, then find something to watch on Netflix through the PS3 on the TV. I find I actually do the moves more effectively and everything, because I'm not "bored" with staring at the workout. I have a wide variety of dvds, and I also do some videos that are on Netflix, so it's not like I'm doing the same workouts constantly...it's just a thing I have. Weird, huh? Anybody else do this?
Old 12-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #3  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

hmmmm music and I visualize....when I work out, i am zoned out and on another planet, creating a story line.......
Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #4  
In it to win it

S/C/G: 295/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thankfully I'm home during this but I have long conversations with my dogs while I'm on the treadmill lol. That or I'll sing at the top of my lungs to whatever I'm listening to. I have to have the tv on but I keep it muted and listen to music. Ok reading that makes me sound like I need to be in Bellevue.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #5  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

I move my head and often my body to the beat when I'm on the elliptical or treadmill. I blast the music so loud that I put myself in a trance and motivate myself to the music. So when the music is fast I speed up and try to go to the beat..lol. It really works.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #6  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Isis21: Actually, the old ace bandage around the boobs isn't that bad idea...

Mine is more having the put lip balm on bc for whatever reason I have a tendency to bite my lips when I do any sort of weights which is funny bc I never did that until the summer. Now I can't stop. Plus, I have to blow my nose like 3x before bc it gets runny too during. No idea why now. Am I allergic to exercise? That would explain so much...lol.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

Not so much a weird workout confession, but a weird workout inspiration.

I love going into the workout gear stores and looking at all the cute running outfits with the little inspirational quotes and imagining myself running a marathon in them. One day I've promised myself, after lots of training, I will go get the cute outfit, and run that marathon

I'm running thru bush these days so it's pointless getting a cute outfit - it would end up all muddy and dirty.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/148/140(ATM)

Height: 5'2" on a good day

I go to the gym, but like others here I get extremely motivated by music. I aim for the treadmill tucked in the corner so no one can see me mouthe out the songs, bob my head and strut to the music, or close my eyes (with one hand on the treadmill for balance) to 'get into' the songs as much as I can (like trancing myself, exactly as Jojo said!)
Old 12-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #9  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious Little View Post
Not so much a weird workout confession, but a weird workout inspiration.

I love going into the workout gear stores and looking at all the cute running outfits with the little inspirational quotes and imagining myself running a marathon in them. One day I've promised myself, after lots of training, I will go get the cute outfit, and run that marathon
I do that too!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #10  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Sometimes I'll pretend I'm on a show (like TBL) or that Jillian Michaels is standing next to me as my trainer and push myself to react/workout as I would if they were really here or if I was really on the show. Which might not be that weird . . . well, until I start talking back to them!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #11  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

I talk back to the instructors on my home workout dvd's - especially Jillian Michaels - sometimes I'm angry, sometimes I'm like "Oh Jillian"...my husband once caught me doing this and started cracking up, he teased me for a week! I guess I like feeling like the instructor is really with me during my workouts!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #12  

My ears get very cold, especially when I get really sweaty and the room is chilly. So sometimes I wear little earmuffs that go around the back of my head. If I don't, my ears hurt so bad I'm in PAIN!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #13  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

My bra straps constantly slide down my shoulders so sometimes I take a string or a short necklace and tie them together so they can't do that. It just annoys me like crazy to constantly be pulling them up. I buy most of my bras in "racerback" style now so that happens less.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #14  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

I look like a throwback to the eighties when I work out. I use sweatbands! They are a perfect way for me to wipe the sweat off my brow without having to fumble around with a towel. For a while I even used a headband sweatband, otherwise the sweat would run down into my eyes and sting like crazy. Now I don't sweat as much, I only use the wristbands.

I wear my Skechers Shape-Ups on the elliptical trainer and then I go back to the locker room and change my shoes for my weight workout. Is that weird? I don't like to do my weights with the shape-ups on because I lift heavy weights and the Shape-ups affect my stability.

I also bring my own Clorox wipes in a ziplock baggie. That way I can wipe down each machine before and after I use it without having to run back and forth to the paper towel/sanitizer spray stand every time I change machines. I never catch colds at the gym any more since I started doing this. People look at me funny but I don't care; it saves me time during my workout and I never get sick.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 AM   #15  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shr1nk1ngme View Post
\
I also bring my own Clorox wipes in a ziplock baggie. That way I can wipe down each machine before and after I use it without having to run back and forth to the paper towel/sanitizer spray stand every time I change machines. I never catch colds at the gym any more since I started doing this. People look at me funny but I don't care; it saves me time during my workout and I never get sick.
That is actually a really, really great idea. I might steal that idea! TY!
Closed Thread