Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 01:18 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#372

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:37 AM   #2  

Default Hi Jen

Congratulations Jen on your successful surgery. I don't know you or what kind of procedure you had done, but it sounds like you are doing really well. Sorry you had a bad experience at the hospital. But you're on the road to recovery now. Get well soon.

Old 07-18-2003, 01:38 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally posted by katrinabgood
Hey, Lori...

If the chick is an EX, How in the world is she going through his pockets???
And how is she checking his cell phone messages!?!

1 + 1 =
Exactly...Things that made me go HMMMM

Turns out they were still dating when he met me, and she'd swiped my number some time ago and just gotten the nerve to call me. He's gotten his cell phone number and PIN number changed and gave me his new cell phone number tonight when he called back. I said OK, one more try, but another call like last night and not only was I having the call traced and filing charges of phone harassment against Crazy Lady, I was changing my number and it was over between him and me, because I have no time for head games. (I didn't say this, but I do have a couple fellows locally that have expressed interest *AHEM * ...I feel like "The Bachelorette!" I ain't dead yet!)

Had a little scare with cat brat Noah earlier this evening. The cat brat that normally doesn't leave the yard decided to go MIA on me for about 20 minutes earlier this evening. I am roaming around the courtyard calling "kitty kitty kitty" like an idiot, when I see a flash of white out of the corner of my eye. Lo and behold if it isn't The Tabby Tornado on the back porch of the empty house next door! Needless to say, some bad kitty got a time out when he got home.

ANOTHER GREAT FIND! Raspberry lemonade from Crystal Light! YUMMMM!!! Doesn't aggravate heartburn and really hits the spot on those sugar crazies!
Old 07-18-2003, 01:43 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Jen... I am soooo happy you are safe and sound.
Thank you sooo much for coming in letting us know.
Please fill us in on all the news. What happened in the hospital.... what is the long story about being happy to go back to Germany ??? Curious minds want to know.

Connie... I read a post you wrote a newcomer on a different thread and it was sooo good. You are going to be successful ... I just KNOW IT !!!!

Kat... you are a wise woman.
Have you heard from Tina yet ??
Lucky... BLISTERS You need good shoes... with good support. You are worth the extra money it costs. Invest in your future.

Thin... thanks for starting the new thread. I enjoyed chatting.

Okay... I am going ... my daughter is trying to sleep and my little fingers are being noisey typing. Good night all

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-18-2003 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:09 AM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just turning in but before I do, I wanted to get us going for a clean thread for the morning.

Jen: Good to see you and very glad you're doing well. You'll have to come and spill about the whole experience as well as what's bugging you here in the US of A. Inquiring minds want to know. [[[hugs]]]

Lori: I'm with Kat. Doesn't sound like much of an EX if she has access to his pockets and also to his cell phone. I know this isn't going to sound right, but you know me and my opinionated self. What would make you think that a boy of 25, living 3,000 miles away wouldn't have a life when you're not around??? He's met you once. Sure seems like "a couple fellows locally that have expressed interest" would be a much better bet than someone who is young and wild and you can't keep an eye on. Just my opinion.

Skribbles: Very cute stuff, but I'm not willing to pay. I'm a 'freebie' kind of girl.

Deb: When's the wedding??? You've got a little bit of time, don't you? Whatever you do, don't stress, it causes you to eat.

Pam: I like the southern drawl too. When we came back from living in NC for two years, my then 5 year old son said "dawg" just as well as any little Southerner. He was so cute.

Mary: That was NOT a post!!! What's the matter for you????

Kat: I like Joisy accents too. You must sound like the girl from Coyote Ugly.

Justme: Good vibes for a good WI (not Wisconsin) tomorrow.

Homebound: Congrats on the 1/2 pound down! Good job.

2cute: I'm ready, just give me dates early enough so I can clear my schedule.

Lucky: You've been a busy little beaver! Geez, take a breath. * I have never figured out what's wrong with Jennifer Lopez' butt. She's in a new film called Gigli coming out soon and she looks great in the preview. I think she's got great curves, but hey, who am I? If my body looked like hers, I wouldn't have any complaints!

Ok girls, I'm running to bed. It's 2:00 AM my time and I'm out of it. See ya all later.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:28 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Quote:
Kat: I like Joisy accents too. You must sound like the girl from Coyote Ugly.
Having never seen the movie, I can't say for sure, but I don't think so! Knowing how they really play up what's actually a horrible Jersey City accent in films...I can safely say I don't! And I don't sound like any of the Sopranos either!

FYI: No word from Tina. I think I'll try her cell phone again tomorrow.

I have no business being here at this late hour. I wanted to go shopping EARLY tomorrow. (I found a check for $150 in my wallet today...a birthday present from the in laws that I had completely forgotten about!) CHA-CHING! I think a few last minute niceties for myself are in order!

So with visions of a shopping spree dancing in my head, I'm off to beddy-bye!

Love to all...
Old 07-18-2003, 03:07 AM   #7  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Another OP day beneath my belt! It wasn't as easy today. I think DH is tired of this already because he was doing and suggesting sabotage all evening. I pretty much laid it all out for him. I don't want to die. I don't want to become diabetic if I can help it, and I think he is headed that direction as well.

I'm not liking the person I see in the mirror right now. I don't look healthy. I can see my inner self trying to shine through, but there is such a fortress of fat hiding me. I also use that fortress as an excuse to not step outside my comfort zone. I need to lose weight!

I'm tired of excuses, and I'm tired of medicating with food.

I guess that is a weird kind of aha moment, but it feels like the switch has clicked the right direction and I'm here for a good while. It seems like this is the only thing I truly have control of in my life right now, and I am not going to let it go.

Today I have been incredibly thankful for finally feeling ready to not just try again, but to do it.

I am thankful for the rain that poured down so hard on us!

I am thankful for my DH who supports me so well in all I do, even if he can be misguided at times.

I am thankful to have been employed for this week.

I am thankful to my friends here and the wonderful diversity we bring to a common cause.

Hrm... hope the first part reads ok. I'm really tired, and all these thoughts are just zooming around in my head. I feel so much more committed to this plan tonight than even when I was planning it all out. I really need this right now.

Andria
Old 07-18-2003, 03:39 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally posted by thinthinker

Lori: I'm with Kat. Doesn't sound like much of an EX if she has access to his pockets and also to his cell phone. I know this isn't going to sound right, but you know me and my opinionated self. What would make you think that a boy of 25, living 3,000 miles away wouldn't have a life when you're not around??? He's met you once. Sure seems like "a couple fellows locally that have expressed interest" would be a much better bet than someone who is young and wild and you can't keep an eye on. Just my opinion.

*wonders if 'ol Thinny isn't my other buddy Siobhan in disguise *

She told me the exact same thing this evening over one of our coffee klatches!

Anyway, you all will be delighted to know that I called back one of the gentlemen that has expressed interest in taking me out. His name is Jason and he is a family law attorney, age 37. We are going out to dinner to one of the best steak joints in Pittsburgh tomorrow night! Life is good. Turns out he knows both Siobhan and Shayna.

Heck, I don't need to watch soaps...my life IS one!
Old 07-18-2003, 04:08 AM   #9  

Default WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TODAY

I just checked; we have a birthday in our little group!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARBARA (AKA KEILLYNSMON) AND MANY MORE!!!

Old 07-18-2003, 06:39 AM   #10  

Okay girls,
I had a big post made, then tried to attach a picture that I apparently already attached and poof my post was gone!!!

Now I have to get in the shower and get my hinney to work.

I did want to say that I was with all the others Lori on the Brian thing. And when you where having your honesty conversation with him, did you tell him you were going out to dinner with Jason is it? HUMMMMM???? Inquiring minds you know....LOL

Kat: Hope Tina calls, hope all is okay with her. Don't you leave for Vacation this week too?

Accents~~I talked with Amanda yesterday on yahoo messenger, she said I have an accent, which I don't think, but I am a New Englander. She does not have a mic (yet) but will be getting one so I can hear her. does anyone else use yahoo messenger? You can talk for free....love the no Long Distance charges.

Okay, I gotta go, I will be back later.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 07-18-2003, 07:56 AM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Talking

Ok THin here is my post

Jen nice to know you are ok.

Tennessee and Alabama girls we need to try to plan a meeting sometime maybe halfway in between.

I have my monthly reference workshop this morning then have to rush back to work this afternoon.

Food is still soso I cooked Talipia last night for dinner. I seasoned it with Emrils seasoning and put it ubder the broiler. DH and son likes it.

Thin: I made the pumpkin mousse, dh ate it but says it is strange. It is ok but probably won't make it again.

You should all hear me talk if you want to hear southern.
DH has a bumper sticker on his truck that says "I love Grits" (Girls raised in the South).

Well I better get my butt in gear I haven't watched Days yet (I record it) and I need to eat and get moving
Old 07-18-2003, 08:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Good grief, you all have been busy. Apparently, a whole world of drama has happened while I must have been catnapping. I'll have to print the last threads and do a proper catchup on you all tonight.

Lori, I had a few of those psycho phone calls years before when I had a long-distance thing going with a guy in PA (all before DH). I didn't know about her and she didn't know about me until one day he made a mistake and she found out. Then the coward gave her my phone number and I got several phone calls and it was obvious she knew much more about me that could only have come from him. You just never really know what's going on at the other end of the relationship. Way too much mental trauma once things like that start happening. Best to find a good guy at home who's a little more mature and stable. Have fun on your date!

So Kat, are you saying the you don't have big hair like the Soprano women either? And bird claw fingernails? I can't think of the blonde gal that dresses like a hooker. Drea de Mateo in real life. (Geez, sucks to get old because you can't remember crap.)

Yeah its Friday! Another hot day in the city! I better get ready for work. I have to pick the MIL up at lunch for a fast trip to Bed, Bath, and Beyond because she MUST have a new lamp for her apartment. She has a touch of the "keeping up with the Jones" in her new apartment and all the other old people.

Toodle!
Old 07-18-2003, 08:57 AM   #13  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning!
My, oh my you have been busy little gals since yesterday afternoon! I am just popping in to say we are heading out the door and will be gone until Sunday afternoon. We're going to Atlantic City for some fun!! I hear hubby showering, so I better go get dressed and get the dogs gathered up to go to the kennel!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll catch up on the soap opera around here when I get back!

I was down 1 pound on today's weigh-in!!!! It'll be tough to keep off this weekend --- but I am going to try!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARBARA!

See you in a couple days!!!
Hugs,
Barb
Old 07-18-2003, 09:04 AM   #14  

Good morning busy people!

Today was weigh in and I am thrilled to report another 2 pounds down the drain. I am confident that I will meet my 9/22 goal to be under 200. Things are looking up. I am sitting here in my jeans, right from the dryer...and they're not tight! Isn't that the best.
Well enough about me,

Sandy,
A trick about the dissapearing posts. I always copy my words anytime I'm going to add something or even just hit reply. That way if something happened I can just paste em in.

Barbara,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Lori,
I would have to agree with Thin on that one. You are much too important to waste your time on head games. Now saddle up, go out and find a local man!

Quote:
guess that is a weird kind of aha moment, but it feels like the switch has clicked the right direction and I'm here for a good while. It seems like this is the only thing I truly have control of in my life right now, and I am not going to let it go.
Andria,
You couldn't have described the way I feel any better. Why let anymore time go by before we begin our journey to health. Congratulations on your epiphany!

Thin,
I think your good vibes worked. Thanks!

I think I got most of you. If I missed have a fantastic Friday!

Old 07-18-2003, 09:58 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Terri, you mean Christa-fuh's girlfriend??? I can't think of her name either! Although I don't have her big hair or talon-nails, I do wish I was as thin as she is! Minus the accent.

Call off the search! Tina has been found!!!
In a nutshell: Problems with the car, problems with the phone, changes in plans...I'm just relieved to know that they are OK! I did speak with her this AM...(talk about an accent!) She's as sweet and funny on the phone as she is on the boards!

Andria...Go to love the "AHA!" moments. the trick is to hang on to that feeling!

Jen...congrats on a successful surgery! It was the banding, wasn't it? Have you lost anything yet? Safe trip back to Germany!

Mary, I can just hear your drawl in your posts!

Sandy...funny how we don't think we have accents! I just know that you must have that New England twang!

2cute...and speaking of accents...WE ALL on the East Coast CAN distinguish regional differences! (Well...I can't speak for all of us...but I like to think that I can!) That's like saying everyone out here sounds like they're from Noo Yawk. Guess we'll just have to compare at your SPRING FLING!

Connie...did you manage to keep those eyes open at work last night? I'm lucky that I move around a LOT at my job...(going from floor to floor) Once I stop moving, I'm a goner...

Natalie...congrats on your loss! Love that feeling with the jeans! You go girl!

Barb...Have fun in AC...I will be on LBI, not too far from you at all! Sending lucky, "hit the jackpot" vibes your way!

Pam...where y'all at?

Thin...you exercise goddess...You have inspired me to get moving again! If I ever get off this computer, I'm going shopping, then sonny and I are going to ride our bikes to the pool club!

Lori...Have fun on your date! This one sounds much more geographically desirable!

Deb...Try Just My Size web site...their prices are reasonable. Good luck, I HATE shopping for dresses!

Homebound/Joanne...congrats on your loss!

Skribbles...I don't know if i welcomed you, so "WELCOME!" Congrats on your 20 years too! 1983 was a very good year!

Okay...this post is taking me forever...I apologize to those that I missed! Just got off the phone with the pediatricain's office. I have a 10:30 appointment with her...my son is complaining of an earache...sounds a lot like swimmer's ear...(so much for the pool club!)Of course, just as we're leaving for the beach!

I'll try to get back before we leave...

Have fun, all...IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-18-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Closed Thread