Old 12-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Christian Encouragers ~ DECEMBER

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #2  
Rosebud

Default Salvation Month ...

BEHOLD, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people ... Luke 2

For unto you is born this day, a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Glory to GOD in the highest, and on earth Peace, good will toward men ... Luke 2

BEHOLD, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name EMMANUEL, which being interpreted is, GOD WITH US ... Matthew 1

And JESUS increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with GOD and man ... Luke 2

JESUS said: "The Spirit of the Lord (GOD) is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and to recover the sight of the blind, and set at liberty them that are bruised; and to preach the acceptable day of the Lord" ... Luke 4/Isaiah 61

For GOD so loved the world that He gave His only son (Jesus), that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life ... John 3:16

For GOD sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world , but that the world through Him (JESUS) might be saved ... John 3:17

For the Father himself loveth you, because you have loved me, and believed that I came forth from Him ... John 16

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true GOD, and JESUS CHRIST, whom thou has sent ... John 17

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved ... Acts 2:21

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ... Matt 11:28

LO, I am with you always, even to the end of the world ... Matthew 28:20

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-01-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #3  
Rosebud

Default In honor of this special month ...

THE SALVATION PRAYER ~

Dear Jesus, please
come into my heart & life
and become my Savior and Lord.
Thank you for giving me eternal life.
Take control of my life, and make me
the kind of person that you want me to be

... Amen ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-01-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #4  
Rosebud

SO, how are you going to celebrate Christmas this year? What are your plans? What healthy dishes & snacks do you plan to serve to family & friends? Do you decorate your home? Put up any lights? What traditions do you like to keep up year after year?

This year, we plan to have some friends over for Christmas; to have dinner and spend time together. We have already put out some big red bows on our front porch and our large candles by the front door. DH has our Christmas tree already up with the lights on (we store it that way), but I just have to decorate it now.

I am thinking of serving something different this year; something not so traditional -- maybe ribs & wings, or a roast, or something like that. DH likes to have meat pie too, so that might go together well. I am sure that I will make a pumpkin custard pie (same a regular but no crust); DH really likes this version now too (I think I've converted him).

I try to make at least one kind of salad, and some veggies to go with the meal; maybe I'll make a veggie medley this year (ie corn, green beans, carrots, etc). Probably will have a second dessert for those who like something else; maybe with some apples or another fruit: I have some rhubarb and blueberries in the freezer that would make something nice.

For snacks, I made some changes to have more healthy ones, like a variety of unsalted nuts, cheeses, crackers, olives, a nut mix with some bits & bites, and I get DH one bag of his favorite chips to share (they get eaten up pretty fast). Everyone likes shortbread & I may make some peanut butter balls (the kind with no flour: a healthier version).

Do you have any special recipes that you can share?

Have a merry, merry month ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-01-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #5  
Rosebud

Wink Inspirational Song ...

BARGOO ~ this one's for you ...

Someone posted this song on another thread; it is one of my most favorite current inspirational songs, by a Canadian singer (Hedley) ~ take a looksee ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub9RSrVcBvs

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-01-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, thanks for sharing with me. I've played it over several times. Bless you for thinking of me.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #7  
Rosebud

BARGOO ~ your welcome; glad you enjoyed it. It's got a real peppy beat and sound -- sure to lift you up!

We've had lots of fluffy ***** fall over the last 2 days, but it's very pretty. A nice, young neighbour fella came over and pushed the big banks away for DH today and he wouldn't take any pay for it either: bless his heart!!!

We got up town on Friday to pick up some groceries and a few gifts; then we had friends drop by for a visit after that. One of our friends who moved back to Manitoba called tonight too; so we can keep in touch again.

DH and I put some shelves in that big cubby yesterday; he did the cutting (although he did struggle a bit), and then I nailed the shelves in myself. Hey, hey -- not bad for a lady ...

And, our Nativity Creche is now all set up on the front porch. DH stained the creche a nice dark brown; and then another young neighbour from across the road helped him carry it up from the basement: may GOD bless him too!

Hope you all had a good weekend; and may you have a wonderful week coming up. DH has to go see his doctor next week; maybe a follow up, I guess. Keep warm ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-04-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:20 AM   #8  

Rosebud, your place must look very festive. I was born and raised in snow country and as a kid always loved the snow....but then I wasn't the one that had to shovel it.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Just saying hi. Glad to find a lovely Christian place to support and encourage one another.

Rosebud, thanks for the song. This will be a good one to learn and "keep close."
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #10  
Rosebud

HEY MISTI ~ yes, I liked it from the first time I heard it on the radio. You know, I remember you ... I think you used to be on the 40+something thread a lot, some time ago. Nice to have you drop by again ...

BARGOO ~ I just want to get some mini-lights up in the windows some time this week. I tried to take a picture, but my camera is on the blink. I tried another storage disc, but the same thing happened. Oh well, I have to admit that I have dropped that thing so many times; slippy fingers ...

Sooo, I'll likely have to buy myself a new one anyways; and I'll be sure to get one with a larger ZOOM this time so I can get the birdies up close. Just did stuff around the house today (laundry & light chores).

Have to take DH to the Docs tomorrow, and we may get up town for a few things, if we have time. Hope it's nice and sunny tomorrow. Keep warm ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-05-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #11  

Hi Rosebud. So nice to find someone who remembers me from before. Afraid it would not have been in the 40s section though, ha ha. Make it the 50+ (quite a ways plus, actually).

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 12-05-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #12  
Rosebud

MISTI ~ Well, wherever you used to post; I'm glad to see you back here anyways. I've been stickin' around becuz I find it really helps me keep on track. Over time, the emotional-response eating has almost but disappeared; and that is a great NSV for me.

Yes, I'm losing very slowly, but that's better than gaining; and I'm noticing more inches now than anything. I've gone back to focusing on sizes, which just works for me; and I'll let the doctor monitor the lbs ...

We took DH to the Docs today; that went OK -- he was still upset with the diagnosis, but his doctor handled him well. I feel very sorry for him; it's been so hard on him not being able to drive anymore. His heart is broken over it -- esp since he was such a good driver, and even drove for a living. The doctor told him right out that he would likely never get it back. I pray that he can accept it and adjust eventually.

Sooo, we did get some more shopping done and picked up our meds. Some time later, we'll finish the few Christmas gifts we have left to get. I did get to walk a lot, but my feet were hurting by tonight, but I was glad to be able to get out and walk around a bit on a flat, dry surface. The snow & ice always makes me nervous at first, but it was OK.

The was shining bright, and it looked so pretty with all the snow-covered trees out there. It looks like GOD himself decorated them all, just for us ... Hope you're all having a wonderful week too; keep warm ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-06-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #13  

Rosebud, you are sure right... we need to stick around! Wish I had, ha, but oh well at least I am back on track now

Sorry about your husband's health... yes that must be very hard on him.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Ladies ~

My last post in the following thread has some new Christmas decoration pictures....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ml#post4127353
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #15  

Good Morning all. So good to visit with people that know the true meaning of Christmas.