Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/7/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all!! Well its a cold day here in louisiana - we went from 80degrees 2 days ago and now its 32 outside. Today is my WI and after having a 4lb loss last week I don't expect my number to be to high but you never know.

Its been a quiet week but getting ready for another busy weekend coming up and well the next two weekends will be busy then christmas will be here!! Where did the year go?

good luck to all the WI's today
Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning IPeeps. (I don't know who started that term but I love it and hope you don't mind me using it) Good luck to those today that have weigh ins, good luck to every one else on staying OP. I'm so excited to be wearing a pair of old jeans today. There is a line in the movie "The First Wives Club" that Bette Middler says to her son about the outfit she is wearing..he asks if it's new and she says "It's better than new, it's old!" That's the way I feel today!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #4  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmgrl View Post
Good Morning all!! Well its a cold day here in louisiana - we went from 80degrees 2 days ago and now its 32 outside. Today is my WI and after having a 4lb loss last week I don't expect my number to be to high but you never know.

Its been a quiet week but getting ready for another busy weekend coming up and well the next two weekends will be busy then christmas will be here!! Where did the year go?

good luck to all the WI's today
hwmgrl, I think I wore shorts on Monday! Good luck with your weigh in! To answer your question from yesterday, I haven't had time to set up a website yet. Too busy with my kids and taking care of my husband's 90-year-old aunt. Most of my business is by word of mouth. I think I have a dress listed on Etsy right now under TwinOaksClothing. You can also see some of the things that I've made on my business's Facebook page -- again Twin Oaks Clothing. I try to post pictures of the things that I make.

I'm so happy that my new warm and fuzzy boots arrived yesterday. I wore them this morning while I waited with my daughters at the bus stop. I see the sun peeking out through the clouds, so I guess the dreary rainy weather that we've been having is coming to an end.

Good luck to everyone with weigh ins today, and hope everyone else has a fantastic day!

Last edited by SewingMomma; 12-07-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Good morning IPeeps. (I don't know who started that term but I love it and hope you don't mind me using it) Good luck to those today that have weigh ins, good luck to every one else on staying OP. I'm so excited to be wearing a pair of old jeans today. There is a line in the movie "The First Wives Club" that Bette Middler says to her son about the outfit she is wearing..he asks if it's new and she says "It's better than new, it's old!" That's the way I feel today!
I love that! Congrats!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 231.6/ticker/150

Height: 5"5

Rainy morning here in CT. Having my WI in the evening today instead of first thing in am(not my choice, my C had to reschedule). That means probably lower number on the scale. Getting a little discouraged last few weeks with low losses or none last week, and needed my number to correspond with my efforts today(had one restricted item only over last week) to give me a boost...and get me excited again. Just means that I will have feed my motivation somewhere else
Wish a happy day to everyone!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #8  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Good morning! It's cold again in MS. Good luck to every one having WI's today.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #9  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Haha I agree with rainbowmom, Congratulations, LOVE that quote!! I actually found a bunch of jeans at my mother's place and brought them home, determined to get back into all of them! However I did buy one new pair, they were only $10 so I figured it was better then wearing the baggy ones for any longer!
Today I'll definately be taking measurements. I'm using alternatives and have just been checking my weight. However now that its slowing down a bit I need another indicator of my progress.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
I LOVE that movie! (And I also love Bette Middler haha!)

Today is my first official day OP! So far, so good!

I spent all night last night chopping and cooking. For lunch today, I have small salad with 1/4 cup cukes and a dressing of vinegar, oil and hot mustard. I baked scallops w/ lemon juice and some seasoning and grilled/seasoned 1 3/4 cup zucchini. I hate cooking, but it's not so bad when you keep it simple.

Hope you all have a great day
Old 12-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmayhem View Post
I LOVE that movie! (And I also love Bette Middler haha!)

Today is my first official day OP! So far, so good!

I spent all night last night chopping and cooking. For lunch today, I have small salad with 1/4 cup cukes and a dressing of vinegar, oil and hot mustard. I baked scallops w/ lemon juice and some seasoning and grilled/seasoned 1 3/4 cup zucchini. I hate cooking, but it's not so bad when you keep it simple.

Hope you all have a great day
Good luck today. The first few days can be difficult, but so worth it. Just remember to hang in there.

Good luck to everyone who has weigh in's today. Quiet day here today. It's still cold out, but at least the rain and clouds have moved on and the sun is out. I bought myself new exercise pants yesterday and they were in the regular size department, not the big size department. I can hardly remember the last time I bought anything in the regular size section. So excited to wear them today when I go to the gym..

Happy Wednesday everyone.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #12  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone!!!

Another fine day here in the PNW... actually I am really tired, I am really sore, and busy as all heck at work.
But see how full of it I can be!!!

I am working with my clinic to try and become a coach for them, not really as an extra job, but to pay it forward and try and help some of the others out there that have a harder time on the program, I feel like I could really help motivate some people out there.

I hope everyone is having a good morning, everyone stay positive and stay OP!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmgrl View Post
Good luck on your WI!!

Quote:
I love this!!

It is a fairly quiet day here. It is cold, but at least not cold and rainy like the past few days have been!!
All the talk recently about the vivid dreams finally caught up to me last night. I dreamed that I was back in high school and I couldn't fit in my desk! It was so realistic, even had people from school in the dream! And we rode to class on 4-wheelers and there were white rabbits jumping in the grass...can you tell I'm from the country?!?! LOL!! Weird!!
Oh, well, congrats to everyone with losses and NSV's and best of luck to all of you who WI today!!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
I am working with my clinic to try and become a coach for them, not really as an extra job, but to pay it forward and try and help some of the others out there that have a harder time on the program, I feel like I could really help motivate some people out there.
That is an awesome thing to take on!! Wishing you the best with your new venture!! You would be a great coach and you already are a great motivator!!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #15  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Heyyyy Everyone...

Had our quarterly meeting this morning... So alot of people havent seen me since July... I received quite a few compliments!! defiantly a nice way to start a day!
Closed Thread