Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Wave 1 Onions

My mother in law gave me this recipe and I adapted it for Wave 1. You take a Vidalia or yellow onion (the Vidalias are best in my opinion), take off the papery skin. Cut a little hole in the top big enough for a cube of beef bullion. Insert the beef bullion cube, then drizzle with olive oil (my MIL puts butter), then place in a microwave safe dish like corningware and microwave covered for 10 minutes (this is for a large onion....for a small one it will be more like 8). It makes a great side to chicken or beef! Also good with other roasted veggies.
seanachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/215/175

Height: 5'6"

mmm that sounds good! Thanks for sharing. It would be even better if you could deep-fry it.
twnkltoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #3  
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Height: 5'5"

Excellent! I love onions, and I love sticking to the diet even more!!
reanbean is offline   Reply With Quote