Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/6/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IPeeps.,
I weighed in this morning and am down another 2.4 pounds for a total of 15 in 3 weeks. I was kinda hoping for a little more, but I know that ya'll told me that the 3rd and 4th weeks usually have a lower number, which is fine. A loss is a loss.

I'm wondering if it may have been a little more if I could just go to the bathroom? I'm not used to this situation. I have IBS and usually went 5-7 times a day. In a way I am kinda of likeing the less time, but I am not likeing the stopped up-ness.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Okay, so this is it. I've got all my products and no excuses Today is day 1 for me! I've even got the fish thawed so I have no question about what's for dinner, or temptation to stray. I know once I get back into the routine I will love it again, it's just going to be these first 2-3 days.

Today's a busy day though (which is why it's so perfect to start IP!), MOPS this morning followed by 2 doctors appointments, my daughter's therapy, and a Sam's run to return the cucumbers I bought because they're all nasty on one end. I've got my veggies sliced and in a bag with my lunch bar and my water bottle packed so I'm ready to go.

GL to everyone, I hope you all have a great OP IP day!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/151/130

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Everyone
Well today is WI#6 for me and this is the first week I have had four IP packets per day along with my veggies and salad, mineral salt and oil so we will see if this gave me a larger loss than previous weeks or if I gained. God forbid. I will post my results later today when I get back as it is only 5:50am on the Pacific Northwest. Yikes. Good luck to everyone weighing in today.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps.,
I weighed in this morning and am down another 2.4 pounds for a total of 15 in 3 weeks. I was kinda hoping for a little more, but I know that ya'll told me that the 3rd and 4th weeks usually have a lower number, which is fine. A loss is a loss.

I'm wondering if it may have been a little more if I could just go to the bathroom? I'm not used to this situation. I have IBS and usually went 5-7 times a day. In a way I am kinda of likeing the less time, but I am not likeing the stopped up-ness.
Congrats Rissi, you are right, any loss is a good one. As for the stopped up-ness, iceberg lettuce ice a good "mover" for me. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/240/210

Height: 5'10"

Good morning...I have a question about the brocolli cheese soup...the last two times I have cooked it in the microwave the soup has seperated...I am at work so have no use of a stove...any ideas why this is happening now?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #7  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Good luck to everyone today. I have been putting sea salt in my water bottle for work. The salt helps the water from freezing...as I am outside all day.
rissimo-can u take a mild softener? Senekot?
Navymommy-Good for you. You can do this
Have a great day Ipeeps I go for my wi today too
Old 12-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to report in, trying the Proti Thin cappuccino for the first time and it's wonderful! Maybe not quite as sweet as the IP version, but then again my tastebuds haven't had the chance to 'reset' themselves yet. SO glad I found a good substitute for the IP cap, that was my favorite!!

Oh, and I know it says links may be removed, so I hope I can post this, but since so many of us are trying new herbal teas Bigelow is giving away free samples if you hurry. http://www.couponingtodisney.com/201...f-bigelow-tea/ I love their pumpkin spice tea!

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps.,
WTG!! That averages out to over 5lbs a week, that's awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chod45 View Post
Good morning...I have a question about the brocolli cheese soup...the last two times I have cooked it in the microwave the soup has seperated...I am at work so have no use of a stove...any ideas why this is happening now?
Have you tried heating it in small intervals, or at reduced power? I only had the soups a couple of times because they weren't my favorite, but when I did heat them I did maybe 20 or 30 second intervals and would stir between them. It has to do with the proteins in them which is why some of the IP products heat up a little funny.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #9  

Thank You Mustang Molly, I will try eating more iceberg lettuce. Right now I am drinking some hot lemon water.

Thank you NavyMommy, I just realized myself that it is 5pds a week. I think I'm feeling better about the 2 pd loss. Good Luck on your first day.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #10  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Just wanted to check in and say good luck and keep going to everyone!!!! Im battling some stomach flue thing and everything keeps running right out of me, and yet i have gained this week? weird, definitely thought i would have had a huge lose lol
Old 12-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: ???/404.8/220

Height: 6'

Good Morning.

I forget how much better as a whole I feel while low carbing in any form.

But with ideal, the lower fat help a lot too.

I have pcos, and I am finding that it helps tremendously.

I have been using Adkins bar as one of my snacks. It's giving me satisfaction.

Just wanted to say Monday was 1 week. My first weigh in was Friday. The reason being I was too fat for my WW scale. 404.8, but I hope by this Friday that should not be an issue.

Have a great day!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #12  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Mine do that too, I have to heat them up for about 40 second max! If any has seperated I poor it over some brocolli so that I notice it less!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #13  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Broccoli cheddar is the only soup I like of the IP, was glad when they came out with it. We cook it on medium power for about 2 minutes, sometimes we stir 1/2 way, but most time usually forget and just cook it for the 2 minutes. Some microwaves have more power than others maybe you might want to try a lower power on the 1 at work. We also use less water as we like it thick, good luck
Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps.,

15lbs in 3 weeks is FANTASTIC!! That's 5lbs a week! In the past and on my own, it's taken me months to lose 15lbs! You should definitely be proud of yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbebe View Post
Good Morning Everyone
Well today is WI#6 for me and this is the first week I have had four IP packets per day along with my veggies and salad, mineral salt and oil so we will see if this gave me a larger loss than previous weeks or if I gained. God forbid. I will post my results later today when I get back as it is only 5:50am on the Pacific Northwest. Yikes. Good luck to everyone weighing in today.
Let us know the results! I'm really curious to how you do with the 4th packet added per day. Honestly, I feel as though you will still lose! Can't wait to hear!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #15  

[QUOTE=sarahmayhem;4130348]15lbs in 3 weeks is FANTASTIC!! That's 5lbs a week! In the past and on my own, it's taken me months to lose 15lbs! You should definitely be proud of yourself

Thank You, I am proud of myself. I'm like you, in the past it has taken me months to lose this much.
Closed Thread