Old 12-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/153/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Oh. Em. Gee! The IP Cookie!

OK maybe this has been discussed about a billion times here but has everyone tasted this IP Chocolate Chip cookie?? I think it's AWESOME!! I have a pretty limited amount of items I actually like so when I find a new one , I get really excited!!

Last edited by bisous3; 12-05-2011 at 11:17 PM.
bisous3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #2  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Glad you were excited about it. I tried it, and thought I had a mouthful of sawdust. It was lacking the cookie texture to me. I do wish IP had more variety of items so happy to see the cookie on the menu.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

It was ok for me BUT remember it has 29 carbs in it SOOOOOO your other 2 packets would have to be really really low in carbs, would have to stick to the drinks!....just something to remember
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/153/135

Height: 5'4"

I saw that... the funny thing is that my doctor never mentioned it. I just happened upon the info about the carb content.
bisous3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #5  

WOW, that is crazy, we only are suppose to have no more than 30 carbs or close to it a day!...Well if your coach didn't say anything then don't worry about it....Coaches know best
Old 12-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #6  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Coach, well one of them said it was high in dietary fiber too, basically said that due to that is it still remains ok and is approved on the plan. I don't question it, figure they have done the research and know more than I do about it.

Wuv are you sure 29 is correct everything I find online says 23 but I haven't looked at a box?

Last edited by Y Guy; 12-06-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WOW, that is crazy, we only are suppose to have no more than 30 carbs or close to it a day!...Well if your coach didn't say anything then don't worry about it....Coaches know best
I'm not sure Coaches know best. I seem to have a very lazy coach. Nothing was ever said to me about carb counts for the day, when I have asked about how to handle vacation the idea of phasing off was not suggested or discussed. If it wasn't for everyone here I'm not sure I would be having as much success. I never even knew about Dr. Chanh's book until I saw the link from you Wuv. Heck if you were set up to be a coach I would buy my products from you! You seem to know when we need a pat on the back or a kick in the butt and that is very important to me.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #8  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
Coach, well one of them said it was high in dietary fiber too, basically said that due to that is it still remains ok and is approved on the plan. I don't question it, figure they have done the research and know more than I do about it.

Wuv are you sure 29 is correct everything I find online says 23 but I haven't looked at a box?
on the cookie box for Canada it says 1 cookie is 53 g
180 cals
5 gm fat
260 mg sodium
23 g carbs
4 g fiber
3 g sugars
5 g sugar alcohols
15 g protein

I am on phase 3 now, and was told I use the net carbs, (by a coach and this is how a booklet with sample breakfasts in it says is how I was to count carbs,) you take the total carbs and subtract the fiber and sugar alcohols to get the the net carbs. This booklet is for phase 3 breakfasts so I'm not sure if this is what it would be for all phases, maybe someone else can let us know if this is the way they were told to do it.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Just curious, but do you think if you ate 3 of the higher carb/restricted IP packets per day (IE - 3 bars, or the cookies w/ bars, etc...) you would still lose weight? I imagine you would, right? Just not as fast/ideally as the program would like?
sarahmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=MustangMolly;4130198]I'm not sure Coaches know best. I seem to have a very lazy coach. Nothing was ever said to me about carb counts for the day, when I have asked about how to handle vacation the idea of phasing off was not suggested or discussed. If it wasn't for everyone here I'm not sure I would be having as much success. I never even knew about Dr. Chanh's book until I saw the link from you Wuv. Heck if you were set up to be a coach I would buy my products from you! You seem to know when we need a pat on the back or a kick in the butt and that is very important to me.

So many of us have benefited way more from our group than from our coaches. They are few and hard to find for sure. Some coaches do not know best at all, no doubt.
As a matter of fact if all of us who have or who have had really really bad coaches would compile a list that we could respectfully send to headquarters, they'd have a much better idea of who is representing them (badly) and be able to perhaps implement stricter training courses and way better standards of practice.

Barring that, you sound like you've got all the help here that you need. So did I!
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Sunny, I agree we should let IP corporate or headquarters know about bad coaches. I contacted them to see if I could buy directly from them because I couldn't get everything from my coach that I wanted and they wanted to know the name and location of my coach so they could contact them and find out why they weren't carrying all the products. I do realize though, that it must be expensive carrying all of the IP products so I opted not tell them the name of my coach. However, I think I will dash of an e-mail and let them know about the differences we seem to notice when comparing information from coach to coach and suggest a more uniform training for all coaches. All it may do is make me feel better but at least I will have had my say.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 247/185/150

I have a LAZY coach... the only good thing is she has lost 55lb herself. And she admits to cheatting alot along her way. She is not the best role model. She has been giving me a discount on my weekly food because I have be bringing her receipes to share and information about the diet. She also says I should be running her clinic - I could do it better than her. If it wasn't for the 3Chicks I'm sure I would have given up long ago.

She GAVE me a cookie to try and then said only eat half of it a day and no other restricteds... so she knows something. I thought the cookie was something that only looked like a cookie, not worth the carbs. I'm sticking with the bars for my "sweet tooth"!!!!

According to the rules of Ketosis you need to be below 50 carbs, but that includes all the carbs in the veggies, not just packets. I also use Livestrong.com and occassional log my daily intake.

Basically, if you want the cookie eat the cookie but don't eat the higher carb veggies, the limited ones plus Rutabaga (which I feel should be on the 2x a week list- just my opinon). Broccolli and Cauilflower are on the higher side also. Balance the carbs and veggies, If you want the whole cookie then eat the lower carb veggies. When I first found that I liked rutabaga I had it constantly. I noticed that the scale didn't move, I had 10 days with no loss, I was also consumming alot of leeks, broccolli and cauilflower that week. This did add 14 carbs to your day and your following the plan. So rather than have a CHEAT day like my coach suggested I logged into Livestrong and logged my dairy of daily foods and noticed that a few days were 60 carbs, due to the high carb veggies. I stayed on OP the entire time and balanced the veggie carbs and the weight started coming off. That is how picky this diet can be. I also limited my splenda use to only once a day. Some poeple this is not an issue but for me it was.
auntdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmayhem View Post
Just curious, but do you think if you ate 3 of the higher carb/restricted IP packets per day (IE - 3 bars, or the cookies w/ bars, etc...) you would still lose weight? I imagine you would, right? Just not as fast/ideally as the program would like?
3 restricted would take you to 45+ carbs so if you only had water for the rest of the day you might lose but I bet you'd be hungry. If you mean replacing the bar for an non restricted item and eat all your veg's... then most of us would NOT lose weight because the total carbs for the day would be too high and out of ketosis you would be. - read my post on this page for explaination of the 50 carb a day rule.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Hi Sunny, I agree we should let IP corporate or headquarters know about bad coaches. I contacted them to see if I could buy directly from them because I couldn't get everything from my coach that I wanted and they wanted to know the name and location of my coach so they could contact them and find out why they weren't carrying all the products. I do realize though, that it must be expensive carrying all of the IP products so I opted not tell them the name of my coach. However, I think I will dash of an e-mail and let them know about the differences we seem to notice when comparing information from coach to coach and suggest a more uniform training for all coaches. All it may do is make me feel better but at least I will have had my say.
I agree we all need to let Headquarter's aware of the coaches that are not up to par. But as you said it $$$ out-of-pocket and a Doctor's office that is required to open the office. My coach is the one funding the IP products. So it's not like Doc is in charge. I usually go in and she says "my shipment isn't here yet, we might not have what you need, you might have to come back tomorrow." She just doesn't know how to run a business in general. I always feel like she thought it was a good ideam but now it's a pain, she doesn't give it enough attention. Oh well the weight is coming off me, and no other clinic to switch too so I'm stuck. At least she gives me a discount because I keep feeding her information.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post

You are correct it was my mistake, its 23, I was doing work and answering at the same time....sorry about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I'm not sure Coaches know best. I seem to have a very lazy coach. Nothing was ever said to me about carb counts for the day, when I have asked about how to handle vacation the idea of phasing off was not suggested or discussed. If it wasn't for everyone here I'm not sure I would be having as much success. I never even knew about Dr. Chanh's book until I saw the link from you Wuv. Heck if you were set up to be a coach I would buy my products from you! You seem to know when we need a pat on the back or a kick in the butt and that is very important to me.
Molly, I am just really into this program because it is working so well for me. I want to find out as much information as I can and pass it along to everyone. I know I need the support and I am my own support along with getting support from everyone here, My mom is my biggest supporter. I am trying to get my own clinic set up, I am currently working through the channels.