Thread: Wonderslim #5
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #503
TOY

Ash, like you I bought several different extra things off the diet site so that I would have a variety of things to try. I only bought the two week plan originally but added in so many other flavors, etc. that I would probably have saved money by doing the lengthier version. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do this though since this was a totally unknown brand to me. Turns out that I like it better than any of the former diets I have tried!

I'm getting even better with the water. Believe it or not, it seemed like I was craving it yesterday! (I know, that was almost an out-of-body experience for me.) I haven't had a diet Coke in 5 whole days...just water so I'm hoping it's out of my system. I know that diet sodas are allowed but I wholeheartedly believe that they trigger cravings in me. In the past when I have been able to put them aside, I have been more successful on diet programs. Of course, eventually I crashed and burned but it's because I have so far to go and got discouraged.

This time I think my mindset is healthier...I'm really not allowing myself to think long-term at all. I'm just adopting that one-day-at-a-time mentality that works for addicts and it seems to be working better for me. When I set goals that seem reasonable to me and don't make them (I am 59 now and don't lose as well as when I was younger), it tends to derail me. This time my mindset is that I am going to do this one-day-at-a-time and be satisfied with whatever happens because if I do it this way, I know there was nothing else I could have done differently.

Right now I'm having health issues that prevent me from exercising. I'm actually supposed to be staying off my feet so walking is not even an option. However, I go to the doctor this week and I'm hoping he will allow me to join the water therapy place where you can do exercises and walk in the water. I want to add that component to my program but I may be doing some wishful thinking right now.