Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Wonderslim #5

Time for a new thread ladies! Woot Woot!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #2  

Thanks for the new thread, Jyoyo! I have had a strange reaction to WS from yesterday and I will make the disclaimer that I did not drink water ALL day. Bad me! I am retaining SO much fluid, it is unreal. Like puffy as a puffer fish, and I cannot help but worry, are these products loaded with sodium?? Or is it because I drank no water all day? If I drink the prescribed amount of water, will the sodium not affect me? I am totally SALT sensitive.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #3  

Hey Jen!
I drank little to no extra water yesterday which was really bad so I totally deserved the bloat. I see what you mean about the foods not having extra water in them since they are dehydrated. I am drinking my water today. Yesterday I ate one mac and cheese and 2 bags of the chips in addition to the shakes, so I think the 2 bags of chips were a bad idea. Well, I put yellow mustard on the pretzels and that is really salty but I was strangely craving salt. Today I am only having one bag of chips, and hopefully that will help along with the water. Thank you again!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #4  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Yippeee for the new thread!!!!

I have been eating crappy the past couple of days but finally hit the 160 mark and hope to see the 150's this week!!

I am super excited. My friend and her 13-year old daughter may be coming for Christmas. Her 45-year old husband died of a heart attack this summer and they think a change for the holidays may make this first one easier on them. So, who lives near the Mall of America? That would be me!!!

I'm doing "usability testing" all day yesterday and all day today. I'm feeling saturated and it doesn't help that they have snacks in the room for us! I brought some WS hot chocolate for today and I think that helped so good thing I have another one for this afternoon. We have 2 more sessions left and everyone will want to bail before the last one, using the need to vote as an excuse. Watching 8 people going through this is hard on the old noggin!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #5  

Hey Jen,

I had a total of 9 WS items. Everything other than the 2 chips (I count them as "2" of the WS items) - so 5 shakes, 1 hot chocolate and 1 mac and cheese. Today I have dropped 2 lbs already since this morning just using the restroom, and my engagement ring is less tight. I lived and learned for sure! BTW I ABSOLUTELY love the Golden Dijon chips, see I am more of a salty/savory eater than a sweets person...But I must keep them at 1 bag a day. They are a total treat!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #6  

Just you wait til you taste those Golden Dijon, girly, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE them - at least I sure DO! Like more than REAL chips which is saying a lot since Chips are my Kryptonite I tried a double chocolate cake today and thought for a second I was eating that Molten cake at Chili's...no one can say this food doesn't taste great! Have any of you guys ever seen the Easy Way Show, the Impatient Dieter, on youtube, or on her website? She is totally awesome and super gorgeous and is a WS-er! Her program calls for some regular solid foods in addition to her WS and she just totally rocks!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/151.7/138

Height: 5'6"

Looking forward to joining this group. My WS order should arrive today (went with the four week starter pack). As a a busy working mom with two little people, I needed a plan that required little thought or prep. I'm ready to go, so hoping to unpack and get started tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #8  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome newbies!

Wouldn't you know, just as soon as I post that I hit 160, today I'm back up to 161. My goal for this weekend is do the program 100% and see if I can't move forward and stay moving forward!!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Hi everyone - after reading about the water conversation, have decided to attach some information that I found some time ago and have shared previously. But think there are enough new people to share again, and it also does me good to remind myself about these things:

Water: 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated (likely applies to half the world population); in 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger; even mild dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%; one glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a Univ.of Washington study; lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue; preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers; a mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math & difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page; and drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Actually, feel that I am one of the lucky ones as I do like real water. However, it needs to be cold for me......so I refrigerate my little bottles, or have it over ice. I have four 17.5 oz. snapple glass bottles that I use and refill daily to get my water. Hope this info. helps
Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

I am currently doing Medifast but have started ordering some Wonderslim and Bariwise products as they are cheaper! Has anyone here transitioned over from one to the other? The Wonderslim plan as outlined on the dietsdirect website is a bit confusing and I am not sure what to eat if I go on that totally.

So it says the daily plan is
3 meal replacements
3 protein supplements
1 snack bar
1 lean and green

Then the menu includes fruit which is confusing me because its not on the daily plan.
Also on the menu it says
Breakfast: 1 WonderSlim® Pudding/Shake OR Smoothie
1 WonderSlim® Hot Cakes OR Crunch Cereal OR Hot Oatmeal
1 Optional OR 1 Dairy

Does that mean I have a shake, cereal and something else for breakfast? all of that?

it also says I starch at dinner, where does that fit in?

Right now I am doing right around 1,000 calories, 120g carbs, and 80-110g protein.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #11  

Jennifer- I have not forgotten you in regards to my daily food journal. I got bombarded with school, work and events that I have not had time to share those. I do not use fitday, I use my fitness pal so I was trying to figure out the easiest way to share them without having to type them up. Then I realized I have not even posted to my blog like I had planned to.

Anyway, I have been on program Thur, Fri, Sun, Mon, Tue and Today. Saturday night was a halloween party so I had a little extra. Today I decide to step on the scale, still no movement. Ugh.

As a positive, I have to admit that I do feel better. But it is still frustrating. Once the time change is done it will be easier for me to get back in to my exercise routine.

Also wanted to let you guys know I started a thread to share how we prepare our foods:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...r-recipes.html
Old 11-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #12  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hi yall! I found ya!! YAY!! I haven't checked in since Friday (i think it was)...We had 65 spooks at our house!! Usually only have 5 max - so this year I was blown away and SO excited!!

I totally agree with yall about eating bad stuff really sets off the binge triggers! I'm still plugging along - doing good this week, so far!

Gotta run..it's time to head home! Talk to yall cats tomorrow!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by keziah23 View Post
I am currently doing Medifast but have started ordering some Wonderslim and Bariwise products as they are cheaper! Has anyone here transitioned over from one to the other? The Wonderslim plan as outlined on the dietsdirect website is a bit confusing and I am not sure what to eat if I go on that totally.

So it says the daily plan is
3 meal replacements
3 protein supplements
1 snack bar
1 lean and green

Then the menu includes fruit which is confusing me because its not on the daily plan.
Also on the menu it says
Breakfast: 1 WonderSlim® Pudding/Shake OR Smoothie
1 WonderSlim® Hot Cakes OR Crunch Cereal OR Hot Oatmeal
1 Optional OR 1 Dairy

Does that mean I have a shake, cereal and something else for breakfast? all of that?

it also says I starch at dinner, where does that fit in?

Right now I am doing right around 1,000 calories, 120g carbs, and 80-110g protein.
The Wonderslim Plan allows for a bit more food than the MediFast and New Lifestyle Plan. They tend to be around 800-1080 calories where WS rounds out about 1200.

Wonder Slim (if you are doing all supplements I think someone posted that in the Wonderslim #4 thread)

Breakfast: 1 Pudding, Shake or Smoothie AND
1 Hotcake, Cereal or Oatmeal AND
1 Optional or 1 Dairy (this is syrup for your pancakes or milk for your cereal.

AM Snack: 1 Pudding, Shake or Smoothie AND
1 Fruit

Lunch: 1 Lite Entrée or Soup AND
1 Snack Bar

PM Snack: 1 Pudding, Shake or Smoothie

Dinner: 1 Protein (4oz lean) AND
2 Vegetables (1 cup each, and there is a lot to choose from!)
AND
1 Starch (hello potato!) AND
1 Optional ( you can choose to use or not)

Dessert: 1 Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake, Pudding, Hot Drink or Fruit Drink (program food, of course)

1000-1200 Total Calories

I printed off the Food and Activity Diary to use weekly. Then I printed the Meal Plan and the Food List/Shopping Guide and put those in a plastic page keeper so they would not get all yucky and crinkled from use.

The fruit is allowed as a morning snack with the pudding/shake supplement. A fruit serving for WS is about 60 calories or less. For Breakfast, the easiest way to explain it is you get to pick one thing from EACH of the three rows. I usually do pudding, cereal and milk, or pudding, pancake and sugar free syrup, or pudding, eggs and some fat free cottage cheese. That gives me supplement, protein and the allowed dairy or optional. For dinner you have your lean, your greens. The starch included and it has to be 80 cals or less and their is an optional item with dinner too. These optional items are less than 20 cals.

Hope That Helps!

I was thinking I might work on a cheat sheet. I will post it to my blog and here as well when I am done.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #14  

Here is the cheat sheet I made, I hope it helps someone. Its also on my blog and looks prettier as the copy/paste causes it to lose it format.

Breakfast:
1 Pudding, Shake or Smoothie AND
1 Hotcake, Cereal or Oatmeal AND
1 Optional or 1 Dairy (this is syrup for your pancakes or milk for your cereal.

AM Snack:
1 Pudding, Shake or Smoothie AND
1 Fruit

Lunch:
1 Lite Entrée or Soup AND
1 Snack Bar

PM Snack:
1 Pudding, Shake or Smoothie

Dinner:
1 Protein (4oz lean) AND
2 Vegetables (1 cup each, and there is a lot to choose from!) AND
1 Starch (hello potato!) AND
1 Optional ( you can choose to use or not)

Dessert:
1 Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake, Pudding, Hot Drink or Fruit Drink (program food, of course)

1000-1200 Total Calories
For the Wonderslim ALL Supplements
Breakfast = WS smoothie or pudding shake AND WS pancakes OR oatmeal OR crispy bar

Lunch = WS entree AND WS protein bar

Snack = WS snack AND WS pudding shake

Dinner = WS entree AND WS pudding shake

Snack = WS dessert
1000-1200 Total Calories
Food Selection and Shopping Guide Cheat Sheet (Wonderslim) w/Medifast references.

Fruit
1 fruit serving is 60 cals or less.
Apple, small (4oz), Applesauce (1/2c), Apricots, fresh(5oz), Banana, small (4oz), Blackberries (3/4c), Cherries or Grapes(3oz), Grapefruit (1/2), Melon (1c), Orange, small(6oz), Peach, med.(4oz), Pear, small (4oz), Pineapple (3/4c), Plum, 2 small (5oz), Prunes, dried (3), Raspberries (1c), Strawberries (1 1/4c), Tangerine (8oz)

Dairy/Milk (ONLY the Wonderslim Plan Allows This. Not New Lifestyle or Medifast)
1 serving is 50 cals or less.
4oz skim milk, 4oz yogurt – nonfat fruit flavor, 3oz plain yogurt-fat free

Vegetables
One serving is 1c raw or 1/2c cooked, 25 calories or less
TWO Servings Allowed (Medifast allows for 3 servings, New Lifestysle is 2 servings, but does not allow peas, potatoes, carrots, corn or beets)
Asparagus, Beans, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Eggplant, Greens, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Pea Pods, Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, Spinach, Sprouts, Summer Squash, Tomato, Turnips, Watercress and Zucchini.
Starch
1 serving is 80 cals or less. (ONLY Wonderslim Allows This.)
1/2c whole grain cereal (1/2c), Diet Bread (2slices), Whole Wheat Bread (1slice), ½ Bagel (1oz), ½ English Muffin, 1 Low Fat Waffle, ½ Pita Bread (6in), Roll (1oz), ½ oz Low Fat Crackers, 3/4oz Pretzeles, Air Popped Popcorn (3cups), Rice Cakes (2) 4in diameter, Pasta-cooked(1/3c), Brown Rice-cooked (1/3c), Corn or Peas, frozen (1/2c), Potato or Yam –small (3oz) baked or mashed.
Protein
1 serving is 140 cals or less and less than 5g of fat (about 4oz, for Medifast users the limit is 7oz for very lean)
Very Lean
4oz Turkey (white meat no skin), 4oz Chicken (white meat skin), 4oz Fish(cod flounder, trout, halibut, tuna in water), 4oz Shellfish (clams scallops crab lobster shrimp), 4oz cheese (fat free), 8oz Cottage Cheese (fat free or 1% nonfat lowfat), 8oz Egg Substitute (egg beaters), 8 Egg Whites (or 8oz liquid egg whites)

Lean
1 serving is 170 calories or less and less than 9 grams of fat (Medifast allows 6oz)
3oz Beef (sirloin flank steak tenderloin roast or round), 3oz Veal (chop or roast), 3oz Pork (center chop tenderloin or lean ham), 3oz Seafood ( salmon or catfish), 3oz Cheese (low fat less than 3g fat per oz), 3oz Deli Meat (low fat or less than 3g fat per oz), 3 Eggs (medium and there is a limit of 3 eggs per week)
Not So Lean
Less than 5oz of the not so lean item.

Optional
1 serving is less than 20 cals per.
Nonfat Cream Cheese (1tbsp), Nonfat Margarine (4tbsp), Reduced Fat Margarine (1tsp), Nonfat Sour Cream (1tbsp), Nonfat Salad Dressing (2tbsp), Salsa (1/2c), Taco Sauce (1tbsp), Catsup (1tbsp), Sugar Free Syrup (2tbsp), Low Sugar Jelly or Jam (2tsp), Artificial Sweetener (1 packet)

Beverages
Non Caloric!
Spring Water (with or without flavor or carbonation), Bouillon (low sodium), Sugar Free Drink Mixes, Club Soda, Diet Soda, Black Coffee, Tea, Herbal Tea
Healthy Fats
This is in the Medifast materials.
1tsp olive oil or 5-10 olives

Condiments
This is in the Medifast materials.
No more than 3 a day.
1/2tsp herbs, spices, catsup, BBQ sauce, cocktail sauce
1tbsp mustard, salsa, soy sauce, fresh herbs, lemon or lime juice, balsamic vinegar, soymilk, chopped onion
2tbsp sugar free syrup
1 packet Splenda
3tbsp Hot Sauce, red/white/cider vinegar

Medifast Also Allows:
Optional Snacks:
3 celery stalks
2 fruit sugar free popsicle
1/2c sugar free jello
3p sugar free gum or mints
2 dill pickle spears
One per day.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

that's awesome! thanks!
I've added in a serving of fruit to my daily 5 meal replacements & 1 lean and green, maybe in my next revision I'll move more towards the WS program, I like the idea of being able to have a slice of bread on occasion ( I even like Ezekiel bread!)
Closed Thread