Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 12/3 - Sunday 12/4

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning to all! I have been reading a lot of posts recently and find that you are a great bunch to be around if we want motivation. I started IP two weeks ago and I am very happy with the results!! This diet is so easy!! I don't have to worry about what to eat, when to exercise. I loooooooooooove it!!

I wish you an excellent day!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

Good morning! I had two big challenges this week. The first was a cookie exchange with 17 participants. I opted out of the cookie part but went to visit everyone. It was a great social night out and I didn't even have so much as a lick of anything with carb/sugar. The hostess had a huge variety of flavoured teas which was a nice 0/0/0 treat for me.

The other nice treat was a big bag of clothes I received from a friend. She was cleaning out her closet and gave me tops and pants that are now too big for her.

Last night was the office Christmas party. The office manager called ahead to request a special order of broccoli/cauliflower for me. They brought enough to cover a big dinner plate! My beverage for the night was club soda with lime. I was able to stay OP the entire night.

One thing I have noticed during this weight loss journey is that I have received a lot of support from others. That hasn't always been the case. The hostess for the cookie exchange by-passed my friend and I when passing out the cookie trays saying "I'm not even going to tempt you." Last night when I arrived, a few people pointed me in the direction of the bar. When I said that I wouldn't be drinking, others told them that I was on a diet and to be supportive of me. Even my parents, who, although they really want me to lose weight, usually sabotage me in one way or another ("one won't hurt", "are you supposed to be eating that?", "here, have a second serving") have been tight lipped about any opinions they might have ... which is a huge effort on their part. lol

Next challenge: Small Christmas party with friends this Friday. Bring it!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I am SO SO frusterated with FedEx right now!! I had it all planned out because I was supposed to get my shipment of alternatives today to get started tomorrow. However; when I get up this morning I see there was a delivery 'exception' and it won't be delivered until Tuesday. The exception was that I was not available when it got there at 4am. My guess is that they actually don't do Saturday delivery even though they say they do. Grrrr

Oh well, life will go on. I think I will try starting tomorrow anyways and just enjoy my new things when I get them. I like the idea of being on a Sunday to Sunday schedule. Hope everyone has a great IP day!!

Gaia - Great job resisting!! That's awesome you have such support!!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I am SO SO frusterated with FedEx right now!! I had it all planned out because I was supposed to get my shipment of alternatives today to get started tomorrow.
Would you be able to go out and purchase individual alternative products to get you through the weekend? It's a shame to be delayed when you had a start date in mind. Is it possible to go to the nearest FedEx office and pick up the package?

Last edited by Gaia; 12-03-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #6  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Checking in

Sorry that I drop in and out of this forum. I'm still at it! I love IP and I'm finally getting to my goal. I have a new "coach" these past few months, and I just go slow and steady. Keep at it - this really works and going through all the phases will keep you focused on maintaining your losses.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

I am a wine consultant (part time from home business) but have avoided doing wine parties since starting IP. I love wine and just thought it would be too tempting to avoid a sip here or there. With that, I am having my first tasting in 3 months tonight. I am a little nervous but not horribly. I figure I have had many temptations and not cheated, so tonight will be fine!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #8  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning everyone! I have a very busy day planned. I'm going to a little Christmas fair in town this morning, then making sure I am home to watch the SEC Championship!! Gonna watch my Tigers whip some DAWG booty!! My parents are leaving for a cruise this afternoon, so feeding their 2 dogs and 1 cat will be added to my list of things to feed everyday.

I am really loving phase 2 and if the trend on my scale stays true, I just might reach that goal weight by next Wednesday afterall, or at least be very close. I start phase 3 this coming Thursday as planned, no matter what the scale says. I'm very excited to eat breakfast next week.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Had my third WI and my TOM came Wed (after only 18 days ugh!) but I lost 1.8 pounds that'll never come back I can also now fit into my old bras - major NSV! Thanks everyone and have a great weekend
Old 12-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good morning everyone! I have a very busy day planned. I'm going to a little Christmas fair in town this morning, then making sure I am home to watch the SEC Championship!! Gonna watch my Tigers whip some DAWG booty!! My parents are leaving for a cruise this afternoon, so feeding their 2 dogs and 1 cat will be added to my list of things to feed everyday.

I am really loving phase 2 and if the trend on my scale stays true, I just might reach that goal weight by next Wednesday afterall, or at least be very close. I start phase 3 this coming Thursday as planned, no matter what the scale says. I'm very excited to eat breakfast next week.
You will looooove the phase 3 breakfast! congrats.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: ???/404.8/220

Height: 6'

Hi I am newbie, I started Monday using my own moderated verison... I am not buy ideal packages, it just to large of a cost. But I went and found alternative thanks to Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website.

I have about 180lbs to go, so it will be a very long haul.

Truthfully have no clue what weight I was starting from, and did not find one until yesterday when I showed up a at a nurse friends office. An hopefully next week I will be able to use my own scale.

Last edited by ma2manytx; 12-03-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2manytx View Post
Hi I am newbie, I started Monday using my own moderated verison... I am not buy ideal packages, it just to large of a cost. But I went and found alternative thanks to Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website.

I have about 180lbs to go, so it will be a very long haul.

Truthfully have no clue what weight I was starting from, and did not find one until yesterday when I showed up a at a nurse friends office. An hopefully next week I will be able to use my own scale.
Welcome, you'll find lots of support here from people using IP and IP alternatives!

...today my bed didn't want me to leave it this morning, it seriously was needy I tell ya ...I tweeked my back so I have a bit of a robaxcet hang-over this morning, mmmm COFFEE . I dreamed I was traveling and didn't have any IP food...scarey HAHAHA (must have been the robaxcet)!

Off to drink the rest of my coffee and decorate my house...while drinking some spearmint tea! YUMO!

Have a great OP day!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #13  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I hope that everyone is having an awesome weekend! We have abusy one here. I'm taking my daughters to a painting party and after we're going to watch the SEC Championship Game!!!!!! Geaux Tigers!!!!!!

This morning I put up our outdoor decorations. Our Christmas tree has been up for a week but remains undecorated. LOL
Old 12-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/160/160

Height: 5'4

Default It's SATURDAY!

Hello all welcome to the weekend! Had a great weigh in -1.6 (after enjoying thanksgiving treats is wonderful!)

Today I'll be pulling out the Christmas decorations and getting my tree.

Looking forward to next Saturday---cookie exchange, but don't know what to bring. Any ideas on a dish I can bring (that everyone will like and that I can also have)????

Enjoy your weekends! Hope everyone who is weighing in today does FABULOUS!

**wuv2bloved u look great! love the progress pics!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/240/210

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone...snowy day here in Edmonton...makes it feel more like Christmas...I had my fourth weigh in today and down another 5...total of 20..sure feels good to have less weight on my body...I have caught a head cold though and can't seem to stop sneezing...I hope everyone enjoys this day.
Closed Thread