Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #1  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Slow Dancing With A Stranger Take 2 :)

Hi Everyone
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread every 10 days to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Love this idea, never saw the original thread until today. Warning this is a long postie!

And it is all 'bout ME!!!

I no longer post my specific weight on the internet for various reasons but I am most happy to share the angst (not really, I am not upset by weight and/or fitness issues, it is a challenge to me, kind of a hobby).

I have over the past 18 or so years had a slow (fast at first) major weight loss of more than 100 pounds. I have been on and off 3FC and post a lot of places around the internet seeking support for this lol slow venture. Currently I am working (slowly, sigh) on some regained pounds, something I consider a part of my status as a weight loss maintainer. Dealing with regain pounds sometimes is just something we have to do to maintain. I literally do not know anyone who has had a major loss and maintained it who has not gained some back. The key to maintenance is that we have to exercise longer, always watch what we eat and sometimes take a few pounds off, but for me, I don't get all crazy about it if I remember this is MAINTENANCE, I don't have to do it all over again as far as major weight. That is what helps me.

I exercise every day. Here is my current update:

FRIDAY, Dec. 2, Day 67 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min weights (hundreds training), total streakity streak minutes so far 5450 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

I was not particularly heavy for an extended period of time. I gained a lot of weight two decades ago and did take a lot of that off quickly and then went below the original goal very slowly (I mean really slowly! I am the queen of slow weight loss, even though I am muscular for an aging person and have an active lifestyle).

But I did have an injury last year that shouldn't have slowed me down so much but it did, plus there was a period of time when I did restaurant reviews (not a great idea for a weight maintainer). I THOUGHT my weight was stable, but not so.

Currently on a quest to get back to the lowest weight I had reached (below goal) before things got weird.

I do not, though, know if I should post here as I do not feel like a stranger in my body. I like my bod and pretty much know its wicked wanton ways, but ... well, this quest is gonna take some time and my goal is March 25, 2012.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-02-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

welcome amarantha!

yay its friday!! the kids have been wound UP(!) this week, dont know why...nice that today is a movie day..be back later!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #4  

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Thanks for all the kind words about my year long journey, I really appreciated all of it. I took my measurements yesterday and will post the results sometime soon, but don't have the energy today, sad huh? Expecting TOM any time, let's get this visit over with already so I can get back to feeling like myself!
Amarantha, We all have different perspectives about this long slow journey, hope you can stick around and share yours with us! Congrats on your streaks.
Alaskan, hi there
Runningfromfat, if you leave the 170's you HAVE to grab my hand and take me with you pleeeeeeeease! I would be your friend for life! How's your back doing? Did you get another opinion?
PP, hi there, how is your hip feeling today? Hopefully great.

Hi to everyone else! I am not able to look at the old thread and my memory is failing me, so that's all I've got at the moment!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Jo, Thanks for asking. I'm feeling better. I fell on my side so my hip was affected first but now its moved into my side-ribs too; mostly stiff and sore. I'm thinking about getting on the treadmill as a very slow pace and trying some yoga later.

Running, congratulations on your weightloss!

Amarantha, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Alaskan, friday is traditionally pizza/movie night for us. I make pizza {usually from leftovers} and we spend the evening watching TV.

As I mentioned above, I"m going to try to get a light workout in today. My mending pile is getting huge so I have that planned for today also. Doesn't sound that exciting. Hubby came home from work for a few minutes, he gave a dis-assembled engine away, so one less thing cluttering up the garage.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Hello, I'm back!

I was also traveling for work, like runningfromfat so I completely sympathize. Now that I'm back, let's hope that I can focus.

Today may be a little off, not really prepared for being back at home, so I'm eating out tonight. I'll be eating healthy, but even when it's healthy, it's high in calories so we'll see. Tomorrow, I'll be back on the exercise plan.

So far today food wise:
Scrambled eggs
Coffee with brown sugar
Granola bar

Chicken kebob
Salad
Hummus
Basmati rice
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #7  
~Krystal~

I'll have time for personals later.
Amarantha. Please feel free to post here as long as you want, even if you know your body like the back of your hand. We will not mind, I assure you.

Tonight is the runner's expo, and I have to get in some HIIT BEFORE I walk out my front door! Last night, I managed to play ab ball with DH (ouch!).
Today, it's me and Zuzi!

Have a fabulous day everyone and try to make the wisest choice available!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

so when i said "later" i guess i meant i'd be back hours upon hours later lol...i just get too busy to sit down sometimes...

penguin - i work with elementary students before and after school and i always call them "my kids" and sometimes people think i have 25 kids the way i talk about them LOL but we usually run a movie in the afternoons, after snack and recess, and then do gym time after the movie...they have all been "off" this week and dont quite know why

krystal - i ran again today...well by "ran" i mean those two-minute jogging intervals but i like to call it running, it makes me feel fit lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, all, for the welcomes!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Hello fellow SWAS take 2, Plan to weigh in Saturday morning, so will let you know if any changes.

Had a pretty good day on plan; having an ear/jaw ache helped, in that twisted "I'm in pain, and I don't feel like eating, but know I should ! " way.
I think it's related to the sudden drop in temps. Only hurts when I move my jaw, but I'm making a point of doing just that to give it a workout. It may be fibro related. Never a dull (pun intended) day with that or the neuralgia pain.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow. Welcome Amarantha!
forloveofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #11  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Much better day today...

Dec 2 Friday
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= stew, sweet pot casserole
D= 1/2 homemade hamburger pizza, 2 c cran juice
S= cutie oranges 2-3, coffee
S= 2 c milk
E= 25 very slow min on the treadmill + 30min mostly seated yoga- subbing spinal twist {my favorite} for the harder poses {down dog, cobra} to baby my back

Right= not eating without hunger, no sweets

Wrong = spending too much time sitting at computer. My favorite online source of workout DVD's is having a sale so I've been watching a lot of workout clips.

Regret= I'm thinking....

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 12-03-2011 at 12:11 AM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #12  
~Krystal~

i VOW to do better than this at checking in! OMG! Busy busy busy!

PP: Great job on making much better choices today

Alaskan: is GO WITH IT!!

I will have to post tomorrow. I have to be up at 5a.m.

Last edited by K9Owner; 12-02-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #13  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone on the congrats!!! I was so annoyed because I didn't get a chance to weight myself today before eating breakfast (my parents are visiting and sometimes I can't make it into the bathroom with the scale in time) but hopefully this is a sign of good things to come!

About the doc's. I had a visit with a new doc today. I'll blog more about it later but the long story short is that 1. I probably don't have scoliosis 2. being flat footed is affecting my knees (which was my initial thought!) so I need to get inserts 3. he said to get a personal trainer so I make sure I'm doing everything correctly to prevent further injury 4. he gave me some anti-inflammatories to help both with my knee/hand .

That being said the doctor was far from friendly but at least he seemed competent. He also told me that I was "really big" and needed to lose weight. I just don't get why doctors can't think about the way they say things. Geez. Yes, I need to lose weight, I'm doing it but why can't he just say " further weight loss will help" instead of calling me "really big"???? Besides, I'm just over 15lbs overweight, I hardly think that's really big. Oh, AND I'm wearing size 6 pants now (at least in Calvin Klein pants, not sure about other brands...) although I do carry a lot of weight on top, so maybe I look bigger while sitting down? AND the doctor had a HUGE belly so it really felt like the pot calling the kettle black...

Armarantha- welcome!

Jo- Ha, I'd love to take you with out of the 170's! I'm so done with seeing them already.

forloveofself- I'd go insane with a hurting jaw. I chew gum like crazy and it's the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes.

Rana- good luck getting back on track after the trip. One thing I always hate too is that sometimes I'll have to deal with extra cravings for a few days after all that junk.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Hello everyone! Welcome newcomers!

Yesterday turned out to be an 1800 calorie day, which I guess could have been worse, but it's maintenance, so I guess I'll take it.

Today, I was back on track in terms of exercise (spinning class, which I love) and I'm saving my calories for tonight's dinner (date with the DBF). Today, this has been particularly easy, I had a big breakfast and I'm still really full from it... it's weird, but I'll take it. Maybe my body is just full from all the junk from the earlier days.

I don't have to travel for another two weeks(ish) so I will focus on food and exercise from now on until that trip and then see how that pans out.

The scale is up, of course, 2 lbs, which I hope is just water weight. I didn't weigh myself this morning, this is based on yesterday's weight.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

running, I've experienced a couple of doctors with awful bedside maner before. Thank goodness I only had to see them a couple of times before or after surgery. Luckily, the GP I have had for 20 years is a wonderful person. We have great non med convos when he's not really busy.

Jo, I can hardly wait until I'm in the 170's, about 2 lbs from now

Scale: I've lost at least 1 lb, I daresay 1.5lbs with the needle going back and forth. I'm happy with the one for now. Hoorah!

Plan:
Had a couple of cheese slices and a cuppa tea for breakfast. Couldn't take having an egg. It stays with me far too long
Lunch: Had a cup of hearty bean soup.
Dinner: Pizza, (that is if I don't have anymore carb laden snacks) and a green salad.
Will start on the psyllium fibre tabs today.
Enjoy your aftter noon everyone. It is cold and damp here but plan to enjoy the holiday shops special events in a couple of hours.

PP, I'm so glad you are happy with your choices
forloveofself is offline   Reply With Quote