Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Ribs 'popping' while doing crunches?

I don't remember noticing this before... but the last few months when I try to do crunches (on a bench with a slight incline) my lower ribs (?) noticeable pop. It's slightly painful and very annoying. What could be causing this? Am I doing something wrong???
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I have no idea what's causing it, but I do think if something moves when its not supposed to and hurts, you shouldn't do it.

My elbows pop when I do bicep curls and my knees sometimes hurt during squats. Instead of dynamic exercise that causes the popping/discomfort, I prefer static ones. For example, holding a low squat for 4 1-minute intervals instead of moving up and down.

Perhaps instead of crunches you could do planks? Those are supposed to be much more ergonomically sound, and help engage your back, arm, and leg muscles in the process. Good luck!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote