Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 04:17 PM   #1  

Thumbs down The Xenical Solution

This is a new forum for Xenical users... Please join us and introduce yourself!
Old 07-05-2003, 04:25 PM   #2  

Default Hi!

Well... at first, I only had about 15 pounds to lose... but, I was sooooo depressed about those 15 pounds that I began to gain even more!!

Now, I have a great big problem on my hands with a total of 60 pounds that I need to shed!! I really never thought I'd get this big!

I previously topped out at 165... the day I delivered my 8-year old! That was after a 50 pound pregnancy gain... Now, I've passed that mark -- plus another 15 pounds!!!

So...I asked my doctor for a prescription for Xenical... I thought that this may actually work for me because I can still eat normal foods, and it will help take out most of the fat... I just need to concentrate on portion control...

In the recent past, I have tried all kinds of diets that make you eat certain things, but I can't seem to even make it one day without cheating! Maybe this Xenical will work for me!

I am also looking forward to making a few friends who are also taking Xenical who will go through the journey with me...

b.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:59 PM   #3  

Oh, boy! I just had one of those days where it starts out great and by dinner, I'm pigging out and not even hungry!!

Tomorrow is Monday... the beginning of a new week and the beginning of my weight loss!

I turn 40 in a little over a month... I have some friends who haven't seen me since about 30 pounds ago... Yep, I'm more than a bit nervous about all that!!

Time to get it in gear!!

b.

Old 07-06-2003, 09:58 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hi b,

I think you might have better luck with responses if you posted this over at the General Diet Plans thread....

But, in reality, it seems that more and more people are looking for a long-term weight loss solution that you won't find with pills. I say that NOT to judge you, but to help explain why you aren't getting any respones.

If you would like some help controlling your weight with nutrition and exercise and good old friendship, please join us at the July Jaded Ladies thread.

Good luck to you!
Jana
Old 07-08-2003, 07:37 PM   #5  

hi petunia pig!
sorry i am just getting to this, i have been covering for somebody at work. i pm'd you too. i think this is a good idea, it's a lot easier than trying to weed out the xenical posts in the main forum.
in response to the above post---no, diet pills are not for everyone, but they are here for us if we CHOOSE and that is one's perogitive. i am being monitored by the doctor that i work for who personally feels that xenical is safe and until proven otherwise recommends it for me along w/ a sensible diet & excercise plan. i haven't been on it long, only about 2 weeks now. not seeing much drop on the scale (3 lbs) but feeling better and yesterday i started the xenicare plan (diet) along w/ it, so i will be curious to see how that goes.
i don't know if you want to continue this thread, but i would personally like to have somewhere to post my experience as well, so if you're in, i'm in! :-)
thanks! karen
Old 07-09-2003, 01:16 PM   #6  

Angry Count me in!!

Hi, Karen!

I thought you'd dropped out of site... and I was gonna have to do the Xenical thing on my own!! LOL

Anyway, it may just be the two of us on our little forum... (see the response that shoots Xenical down...)

I must disagree with Jana's point of view in that we are relying on a "pill" and not looking for something more long term... This IS long term! When you are talking about losing a whopping 1-2 pounds a week... and considering the 60 pounds that I need to lose... I think that qualifies me for "long term"! (Let's do the math!)

And, the research that I have done on Xenical indicates that most people will automatically gravitate toward a low fat, healthier diet - even if just to avoid the unpleasant side effects that you get when eating high fatty, fried stuff. (gas, bloating, diarrhea, uncontrollable stools...) I know that I have already started to think about what I put in my mouth!! After two "accidents" ... that was pretty much all it took for me to put more thought into my diet!! The thinking is that by the time you are ready to stop taking Xenical, your better eating habits will be a way of life, enabling you to keep the weight off.

Also, I am under my doctor's supervision as well... must go in regularly for check ups...

So... considering all that... I don't think we made a bad decision at all! And, if it motivates us to finally get this extra weight off and keep it off, more power to us! I guess Jana may be thinking we are taking some kind of metabolism boosting, kill your appetite thing that offers only a temporary solution for weight control... (maybe confused with Xenadrine??)

Anyway, even if it is just the two of us... let's keep this thread going!! It really helps to have a buddy!!

So... let's do the "we each have lost a whole three pounds" dance!! Woo-Hoo!! Go, us!!

b.

Last edited by PETUNIA PIG; 07-09-2003 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:35 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Ladies,

I feel so bad! I DID think you meant Xenadrine!!! I have read some horrible things about that stuff! I can tell you are already headed in the right direction with the eating, and after all, that what ALL of us are trying to do! I'm not familiar with the drug you are taking, so please forgive me.

Jana
Old 07-10-2003, 12:18 PM   #8  

Wink It's okay, Jana!!

We still love you! Hey, we're all in this together, right?? (It did kind of hurt my feeling, though... sniff, sniff)

BTW, I AM guilty of trying the stuff like Xenadrine... not good for me!! I got shaky and dizzy and felt like throwing up! I was afraid to even drive my car!

That's why I talked to my doctor and we thought that Xenical would be a good choice as it works in the intestinal tract and helps to not absorb all the fat you intake...

And, like I said... you automatically begin to make better food choices just to avoid those unpleasant gastrointestinal side effects! Whoooo!

Anyway, please post with us - we all can use the encouragement! (What plan are you following?)

b.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:38 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hiya b,

Thanks for the forgiveness. I am a WW and post at the July Jaded Ladies - please feel free to jump in with us. There are all different kinds of weight loss methods going on there.... hope to see you soon!
Old 07-10-2003, 06:53 PM   #10  

hi girls!
i'm still here, did ya miss me? i have been working 10 hr. days at the doc's office----don't know about other doc's hours but this guy is open on holidays!!!! !!
well, here is where i am at w/ this---sorry i misunderstood ya there jana.
i officially started the xenical pill part about 2 wks. ago after yes,having tried phentermine for only 9 days and not liking the heavy breathing feeling i was having, so asked doc to change and he felt comfortable w/ xenical. 1st week lost 3 lbs, then this week on mon. i started the xenicare diet program. i weigh myself next monday, but am already feeling better and on a 1600 calorie a day plan, but cannot get all my calories in---felling satisfied right around 1300. that's big for me cause i have always been a big portion eater. i realize it's still way early but i'll take this feeling. tonite we are going out to dinner for my daughter's b-day and i ate light breakfast & lunch, and normally on other diets my skin would be crawling by now from hunger, i am fine.
jana, i was on w.w. too and i think it is a fabulous plan, do not get me wrong, i just was losing super slow and got soooo frustrated, but that is not to blame on program, all me. i would not rule out going back to w.w., just was wanting to give this a try for a bit.
one of the reasons i chose xen also is (hopefully not getting too graphic) but i have never been "regular", sometimes go as long as 6 days w/o, but i thought this may help and believe me in the beginning no problems there!!! well, i am rambling, hope to hear more of your stories soon.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:25 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

This is an interesting thread. I somewhat misunderstood it at first also, but am glad you posted it. I don't take xenical but am glad to read of your experiences with this. Went to a few websites last night looking for more info, pros, cons, etc. The pill isn't something I want to try, but good for you for making responsible choice guided by your physicians.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:32 PM   #12  

Well, here it is - Friday. My scale hasn't budged this week, but my clothes are fitting a bit better... So, I am gonna try and not get discouraged.

How much do you have to lose?

I figured that maybe by Christmas, I can get rid of around 40 pounds or so... That would leave 20 to go... You know, it's funny... I remember when I was completely HORRIFIED that I weighed 140! Now, I am looking at a good 6 months just to get back down there!!
Old 07-11-2003, 06:05 PM   #13  

hi again all!
AMARANTHA,hi!, glad you popped in, it's nice to have support from any angle. in frustration with my weight (i started at 206 about 2 wks ago, after saying i would "NEVER" be 200 lbs. i talked to the doc i work for about some roads to try. i tried phentermine for 9 days and did not like how it made me feel (heart racing, etc) (only my personal opinion, nothing against anyone using it) so i stopped that and am trying xenical, which does not affect the nervous system in any way, only works in the intestinal area. the doctor also encouraged a diet/excercise plan, so i am following the xenicare plan thats on the xenical website. I like it although just started it this past monday. good luck to you on whatever weightloss plan/path you are on.
PETUNIA, hello again! i'm hanging in there also, weigh in is monday. i just mentioned to doc today that i am amazed at how i don't feel like i am ravashed (sp). what meal plan are you following? my clothes feel better already too, although i don't know what i have lost yet. i asked the doc today if it is necessary to take the 3 pills a day if i am eating a healthy meal already, would i really need it, and he said it is fine to skip the one, and maybe try to go w/ 2 a day, especially if having a heavier meal or something higher in calories, but you are right on target w/ what you said about that it makes you concious of what you are eating, and that can only be a good thing.
keep me posted all.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:12 PM   #14  

oh petunia---you mentioned not really a loss this week for you---don't know if you heard same thing i did, but doc said today it could take up to 2 weeks to show initial weightloss, so i am trying to be patient. he explained it as it will rival a "water weight loss" in the beginning, however if we were already drinking alot of water prior to the xenical, which i was (and probably you also) that it would take longer for it to show cause we have already lost that initial water weight, so what we are losing now is actual weight. did that make sense?
Old 07-15-2003, 01:22 PM   #15  

KMJ- Thanks for the encouragement!! I needed that! I am still hanging in there... scales are showing two pounds of a loss... 178! I, too, never thought I'd get that close to 200 pounds!!

My husband commented yesterday that he was pretty sure I'd put on at least 40 - 50 pounds!! (I said, "Yep!" even though it's more like 65 pounds!! Like I'm gonna admit THAT to him!!?)

Anyway, I am trying to just cut back and eat healthy... I am thinking about going to the Xenical web site and checking out the plan they recommend... I am almost afraid to stick to a "plan" because that seems to be the minute that I begin to fail... I keep thinking that if I eat healthy and smaller amounts, cut out snacks... maybe that will do it...

Gotta go....

b.
Closed Thread