Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Wink Can't BELIEVE what I just saw....

Normally, I avoid the camera like the plague. However, today was a really down diet day. I did well but I didn't want to. I didn't want to get up and exercise this morning....but I did. I literally booed the exercise video out loud.

I didn't want to eat healthy...but I did (even though I allowed myself a few more low calorie snacks). I even walked past one of my favorite Chinese restaurants and went to the grocery store instead to buy a Lean Cuisine for lunch !!!

To cheer myself up, I decided to take some pictures so I could really see if I've made any progress. While there, I scrolled through some of my old pictures. WOW....I literally didn't recognize myself. I kept asking is that me? I am still far from goal but in my delusional overweight mind, I convinced myself that I was much smaller than I really was. I literally looked like a LINEBACKER. I almost cried...because I've come so far....because I let myself get that HUGE....because I couldn't see what should have been obvious.

This sounds crazy but I love my husband even more. He never said anything or put me down or made me feel unattractive. He's a running salad eater and never ONCE did he make me feel self conscious. I was/am beautiful inside, however, now that I see myself I looked really bad on the outside.

I looked out of control and like I didn't care about myself. My body looked neglected and horribly abused....I've renewed my commitment that I'll never go back to the old me (even though the girl inside that double me was/is absolutely awesome)

Last edited by free1; 11-15-2011 at 08:56 PM.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Keep working towards your goal and you will get there! I still look at myself in photos and get upset because my body is not close to what I want it to look but it just keeps me going. It's also funny I used to talk so much about my first weight loss and I look thinner now than I did in my first weight loss while I way more now. I was kind of upset looking back at the pictures I used to be so proud of.... sigh.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/242/180

Height: 5'5"

Default I Love The Bigger, Beautiful And Now Healthier And Slimmer You

Enuff Said I Think.....props To You My Girl....i Completely Relate. I Too Have A Husband Just The Same. My Children Looked At My Before And After Pic Today And Said "when Were You That Huge, You Looked Like You Were Wearing A Fat Suit And I Never Saw You That Way." Love Say A Lot, But Health Conscience Says So Much More. Remember, We Don't Do It For Just Ourselves, We Do It For The Love Of Our Families.......many More Successes To Come Your Way And Mine I'm Sure. Hit Me Up Anytime. Once I Post 25, I'll Be Able To Post Email, Sadly After Being On Here After 6 Months, Neglectfully I've Only Posted 5 Times....but After This Week, You'll See My Email Revealed, Stay Stuned.
DanaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I could have written this exact same post. Though, I knew I was that fat, but only because I couldn't ever fully believe the pictures - day to day I couldn't see it, but pictures do not lie!

Isn't it odd how much in denial we can be?

And way to go!!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

free1, I have never posted before on 3chicks. It took my breath away when you said you looked like a linebacker. That is exactly what I thought when I saw a picture recently taken of me. We were at a family gathering and someone suggested we take pictures. I felt like running away but knew I needed to comply because of reasons that would take too long to explain here. Anyway, my sister put the pictures up on her Facebook page and low and behold, I looked like a linebacker! It felt like a kick in the gut. What a blow to my self esteem. I know that I am overweight but didn't expect what I saw in those pictures.
I am so glad you have renewed your commitmen. I wish you the best of luck on your weightloss journey. I have not yet made a commitment to lose weight, again because of reasons that would take too long to explain here.
TexasNonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/150/135

Height: 5'7

I too, look like a linebacker. I have naturally very broad shoulders, so I'm hoping once I get rid of some of the extra fat, I will look more feminine. Bravo to you for renewing your commitment!
enpointe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/242/180

Height: 5'5"

Anyone know how we can track the responses on the posts we are interested in????
DanaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I literally booed the exercise video out loud.
This gave me quite a chuckle. But it's true...I think we go into some
terrible denial when we let ourselves go.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #9  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarie View Post
Anyone know how we can track the responses on the posts we are interested in????
Click on Thread Tools at the top of the thread and there's a link for "subscribe to this post"
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #10  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I too, look like a linebacker. I have naturally very broad shoulders, so I'm hoping once I get rid of some of the extra fat, I will look more feminine. Bravo to you for renewing your commitment!

Thats how I felt after seeing some of my old pics. As I lost more weight, I look more athletic because of them. Its a good thing

free1- I guess theres something messing with our minds that just dosen't let us see how much we've changed. I remember at my highest weight, I didn't think I looked that bad and thought I carried the weight well, even going as far as to say I thought I was "sexy"...but I look back on pics and can't believe how far I let myself go. Whenever I feel like crap about my appearence I look through those old pictures and they keep me modivated never to go back . I hope you'll continue on your weight loss journey because, based on your sizes( 24 down to 16) you've come such a long way. Good luck
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #11  
Sufferer of abibliophobia

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by free1 View Post
This sounds crazy but I love my husband even more. He never said anything or put me down or made me feel unattractive. He's a running salad eater and never ONCE did he make me feel self conscious. I was/am beautiful inside, however, now that I see myself I looked really bad on the outside.
That's awesome. You have yourself a keeper!
pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #12  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Congratulations! I can't wait for that same gratification!! Never forget to be so proud of yourself and build yourself up! So Awesome!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

You are so not alone. I have also resided in the state of denial. You'd think I'd realize there was something wrong given how I kept needing to buy larger clothes, wouldn't go near the scale, and wouldn't let anyone take pictures of me. Somehow, I knew and didn't know at the same time.

Congratulations on your great progress! And props to you for keeping at it even when you didn't want to. Keep at it and you will reach your goals!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Congrats on your renewed commitment! You are doing great!
NoMoreKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #15  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

The last couple days I have been off plan, not horribly, but enough for me to take notice my motivation is weaning. Reading your post has been an inspiration! Tonight I am going to go home and take pictures to compare to myself 27lb ago. Maybe seeing my own success will get my butt back into gear!

Ok, enough about me, back to you ...you have done an awesome job! I applaud you for all of your victories to keep yourself on track!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote