Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/203/150

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Which program???

After trying for a very long time to find a job, I have recently finally started working again. I finally feel like I have finally adjusted to my new hectic schedule...now to tackle my weight. I need to lose 50 pounds.

I sit at a desk most of the day and can work some pretty long hours at times. I need a program that isn't complicated or leaving me feel hungry all day. I would love to try Jenny Craig, but the closest one is an hour away. Any suggestions???
Back on Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I did LA Weightloss a number of years back and found it to be easy to follow and I wasn't hungry at all. The down side is the cost, and that they want you to buy their nutritional products. These were good and filling, satisfied snacking, and when bought in bulk are actually a good price. I lost 70 pounds with them and kept it off for a few years before packing it on and then some. I'd have gone back but I didn't want to spend the money and with the cost of gas, I just wasn't interested in driving out there 3 days a week.

I bought and have been using Bodybugg for about 3 months and I really like it. I find it to be incredibly helpful in keeping track of what I eat and how many calories I burn.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #3  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Jenny Craig also delivers food to your home. Good luck!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Calorie counting! It's free and you don't need to purchase any special foods or attend any meetings. Furthermore, just a little bit of planning goes a LONG way (that is true with any plan of eating, though).
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #5  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I currently do calorie counting, it works well with my lifestyle, but I am an obsessive planner, lol. I plan my meals out a couple days in advance to make sure that I hit my calorie goals but get enough food to keep me satisfied. Although I can eat anything I want, grabbing a Lunchable isn't going to keep me as satisfied as a chicken breast and some veggies will.

I've read about people being successful on the Beck Diet. I don't know anything about it, but from what I understand there are some foods that you can't have, but you can have a lot of the ones you can have...although I may be wrong on this.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I calorie count too. I began that way because I couldn't afford anything else as a recent graduate of graduate school. Now that I have a job I wouldn't do anything else because I find it easy to incorporate in my lifestyle. I can have anything I want as long as I stay within my calorie count for the day!

As long as you plan a little bit it's quite easy. I plan my meals out the day before to make sure I get all of the calories I need.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I calorie count on livestrong.com, you put in your weight and activity level and it tells you how many calories you need to lose 1 or 2 lbs per week.. Right now I rely on packaged 100 calorie snacks for portion control, grits or oatmeal for breakfast, usually a turkey sandwhich, 100 calorie cheezits, and green salad for lunch or leftovers. It's easy to bring a loaf of bread and deli meat and keep at the office for the week. Been making a point to serve a vegetable with dinner instead of meat and three starches like I usually had. Like broccolli and cheese steam bags, brussel sprouts with some cajun seasoning, easy and it tastes good! Easy changes are switch ground turkey for beef, I really can not taste the difference and drops from 30% fat to 7%. I'm still eating "bad" food (fried fish) or chips and dip when they are offered, just mentally counting the chips or only a few bites of dip.
Good Luck, any changes are better than none! Come join us in the 100% Christmas challenge, we need some new blood and there are 37 days left!

Last edited by NoMoreKnit; 11-17-2011 at 12:57 PM.
NoMoreKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

It really depends on what kind of program works for you. One thing to consider is whether you are sensitive to carbs. Some people do better with a program that limits carbs, particularly refined carbs. I personally attend WW but also calorie count and follow most of South Beach. So if I wasn't doing WW I would probably follow calorie counting and do South Beach for what I eat.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #9  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I'm a calorie counter also, and I've have lost 103 lb in the past 36 weeks. I journal everything I eat and drink and that helps to keep me accountable.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote