Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/151/130

Height: 5'3

Default WF Marshmallow Spread

I love Marshmallows and was wondering if any one had bought the WF Marshmallow and if so, what did you use it on or in? Any recipe ideas or is it good enough to just eat it out of the jar? Thank you for any advice. Bebe
brownbebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #2  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

I've tried it. It's not bad, I wouldn't want to live on it but for using while on IP its nice. I add some to my puddings at times, not much else to put it on unless you wanted to dip a bar into it. Frankly wish they just had something like a whip topping but this isn't bad. Bit sweet though.

Last edited by Y Guy; 11-15-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #3  

I did my celery in it!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #4  

thanks for the help. I made a chocolate pudding and put a huge dollop on top and I have to say not as sticky rich and sweet like real marshmallow whip, but it actually did the trick. I love it.
I am not sure about celery in it, LOL but I will try anything once. Thanks again for the info.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/120/122

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbebe View Post
I love Marshmallows and was wondering if any one had bought the WF Marshmallow and if so, what did you use it on or in? Any recipe ideas or is it good enough to just eat it out of the jar? Thank you for any advice. Bebe
I put a dollop of the WF marshmallow dip on top of the IP raspberry gelatin one night with a tiny bit of WF chocolate syrup drizzled over it, and OMG...it's like IP crack now. You just want to be careful how much WF products you use - always measure your servings since anything that says "0 carbs" can actually have up to 1g, which can really add up over the course of a day and potentially slow your weight loss.
Lilivonshtupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #6  

Hi Beth
Thanks for that I am going to try it tonight. Sounds yummy. I didn't know about the carbs in WF? My coach said I could chug out of the bottle if I want since there were no carbs, no fats and no sugar in their products. Is this not true? I sure hope not. Anyone else know the answer? thanks
Old 11-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I have it, i usually put some on my jello!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Hi Beth
Thanks for that I am going to try it tonight. Sounds yummy. I didn't know about the carbs in WF? My coach said I could chug out of the bottle if I want since there were no carbs, no fats and no sugar in their products. Is this not true? I sure hope not. Anyone else know the answer? thanks
I was told the same thing by my coach. I don't think anyone would chug the whole bottle but then again you never know...lol....like everything else use it in moderation and you will be fine
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #9  

Quote:
Hi Beth
I hate to rain on anyone's parade since there are so few "treats" allowed on Phase 1 & 2, but no, it's not true that you could chug from the bottle...the official IP stance on WF products is that they're fine in moderation, but if your weight loss slows, that's one of the first things coaches are supposed to look at, along with TOM & the dreaded big C. Really, most of them are so sweet that it's hard to consume more than a serving at a time anyway, but if you're using them on everything throughout the day, it can add up. If you're seeing nice, steady losses, you're probably fine though.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I have it, i usually put some on my jello!
Speaking of jello, one more thing you can do with the marshmallow dip, which I just did for breakfast, is mix it with half a teaspoon or so of the raspberry gelatin or orange drink powder (or any other IP packet flavor for that matter) and put it on top of one of the puddings. Chocolate pudding with raspberry marshmallow dip = ohhh yeahhh.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #11  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

while reading this I was thinking, I wonder if you could make fudge out of it... add a chocolate pudding with not as much water, or use the wf chocolate dip, mix with marshmellow dip and freeze it and cut it in little squares for fudge treats... Just a thought haven't tried it as I couldn't figure out why I would want the marshmellow for... now I know.

and no you cannot have as much as you want, it should be limited use as it can have up to .99 cal per serving and still say 0.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #12  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

I am on low carb, but I also grow my own yams, and they are delicious! This Thanksgiving I am going to bake the candied yams as usual for the family, and ma going to bake one plain yam for myself. I will cut it in chunks and dip them in the WF marshmallow dip. In fact, I bought WF marshmallow dip for that exact purpose. Hope I like it! I have never had it before. Does it have that nasty "alcohol" flavor that the WF chocolate syrup has?
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #13  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

I haven't noticed an aftertaste like I have with some of the IP products at all. In fact when I had it I went back and reread the label again to make sure it was still all zeros on the label. Wish yams were on the IP diet, but you enjoy yourself we'll all be drooling
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #14  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
I haven't noticed an aftertaste like I have with some of the IP products at all. In fact when I had it I went back and reread the label again to make sure it was still all zeros on the label. Wish yams were on the IP diet, but you enjoy yourself we'll all be drooling

Yeah, I really shouldn't have yams, they are too high in carbs. But I grew them in my own garden, doggone it! That HAS to make some of the carbs leak out! Right?

lol
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #15  

Thank you everyone for the great recipe ideas with marshmallows. I made myself some hot chocolate this morning and added marshmallow to the top and stirred it in, YUM-O, delish.
I did call my Coach yesterday and ask about the WF products and she assured me that yes we can chug from the bottle as there is no fat, no carbs and no sugar and that if you stalled in weight loss one week you would still have inch loss and at my clinic inch loss needs to catch up to weight loss so that you don't have sagging skin when you have hit your Ideal weight. So, i will listen to her but also you lovely ladies because honestly, I get more accurate information from you people. I will not chug WF, I will not chug WF LOL