Old 11-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #1  
Falling, but fighting...

Default One Year Challenge

Yesterday I started a one year challenge for myself. I have been on WW for many years and really haven't done a heck of a lot. I had a dream the other night and it focused on giving myself one year to do something positive with my weight. Yesterday I began my challenge and thankfully stayed OP.

A little about myself: My name is Susie and I live in Detroit, Michigan. I am 42 years young and I am married to Jim for 15 years and mom to Andrew (11) and Matthew (5).

I currently weigh 298 pounds and my highest ever being 347. I restarted WW several years ago at 327. I am now going to focus hard on really changing my life in the next 364 days.

Anyone want to join me?
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #2  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Hi I would like to join! I restarted WW yesterday after 6 months off. I'm Haley I'm 29 and I have a daughter, Kate 8 yrs, I'm a student graduation in May. I'll edit this after my meeting today since I haven't been officially weighed in I'm sure it will be different than my home scale. Ok 356.4 a 5 lb difference up from my home scale...darnit lol but my highest was 361

Last edited by Haley8203; 11-02-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #3  
Striving to be better

S/C/G: 313/218/160

I am also in. June 2011 I started my weightloss journey at 313 pounds. Due to an illness I have had to change my entire way of eating. Obviously it has benefited me on the scale. In one years time I would like to weigh half of my starting weight. I know I can do this. I am a 40 year old mom of three (6, 8, 10). I am always busy with working and coaching my kids sports. I need to make time for me to exercise. Go mom.
Pag0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #4  
Falling, but fighting...

Thumbs up 363 Days to Go for me

Welcome Haley & Pag0206!

I am so glad you guys are joining me. Sounds like we all are living very busy lives. We must, however, try and put ourselves first when it comes to our health. I know, that is easier said then done..... I am first to be guilty of not caring for myself. I feel like I am treating myself when I am wolfing down 2 mcdoubles and a chicken sandwich from McDonalds dollar menu. Yes! I did say 3 sandwiches. Funny thing is that it still does not 'fill' me up. I find that nothing really does. I am trying to find things that do and trying to enjoy food more by eating slower.

Haley congratulations on joining WW. It truly does work, when you work it.

Pag0206, how much have you lost to date? Sounds like you are really motivated!

Hopefully we can all motivate each other.

Yesterday was a very good day on program. I stayed with my points and wasn't really hungry.

Today, I have been controlling my eating at work and I did 45 minutes on the treadmill this morning at Bally's.

I am worried about tomorrow as Fridays are eating out day for me (and so are the weekends). I usually have Subway for lunch (oven roasted chicken breast no cheese on wheat foot long), and for dinner is pizza. I really need to figure out what I can still have and not go overboard. Preparation is really key for me. I need to head over www.dwlz.com and check my subway points and that will determine if pizza is in my food budget.

How has your day been going? Any challenges this weekend?

Susie
Old 11-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #5  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Pag0206

Now I see your current weight! That is amazing!!!!!! Great job!

Susie
Old 11-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #6  

I like to join you, too - I can be the group grandma at 70. I'm at the upper edge of my goal weight and the doctor and I agree I should really be about 15 pounds less. I'd like to give myself a year to lose that since I am a very slow loser. I lost 200+ pounds to reach my goal. I love to exercise - 6 hours of water aerobics and water zumba, 3 of yoga and 3 of weight a week.

Here's to getting healthy in 2012!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #7  
Striving to be better

S/C/G: 313/218/160

I know I am up for this challenge. I am considering joining a gym. After my kids and I get home from soccer its 8 pm and too late to walk. I do not have equipment at home and I know if I buy one I wont use it. I love to walk outside but weather it is getting cold. Maybe a gym membership is just the ticket.
Pag0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #8  
Haley wants to run!

Pag0206- a gym membership helped me with exercise. I found a group class I love (BodyCombat) and I'm facebook friends with the instructor and a few people in the class and that helps get me to the gym. Lately I've had so much homework I've only been going once a week but it's better than nothing I guess lol During the summer I went 4 times a week.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #9  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Welcome Abroad QuilterInVA!

Welcome QuilterInVA, glad to have you! You sound absolutely amazing! You have such a drive. I love it! I just know you will get to your goal.

Pag0206, I can totally relate. I have a treadmill and recumbent bike at home and do not use them! I have had my Bally's membership since 2004 and only started going regularly a few years ago. I try to go 5 times a week, but with my knee issues, I am happy with 3 or 4. I really prefer going there and I made new workout friends, so it is all good.

How was everyone's day yesterday? I went a bit over my points and dipped into my extra weekly allowance (5). Not too bad, but I could have done better. I ended up bringing my lunch to work today and will have Subway for dinner (dh was so excited about Subway for us instead of PIZZA, my kids will still have pizza though).

I worked out at Bally's this morning and did 50 minutes on the treadmill, my knee was being a pain, so I kept the speed lower, but I still burned over 350 calories.

I sure hope everyone has a great weekend. I am hoping to stay in control and make good food choices.

Susie

P.S. How do I add the picture of the tracker?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #10  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Haley

Haley going once a week is better than nothing when you are sooooo busy! Congratulations!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #11  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Whoo Hoo!

Weigh in today! I lost 2.2 pounds! I am now down 30.8! I was a little worried, when I weighed myself the other day and it said I was up, but I told myself that I was really good for the last 4 days and I need to see my progress. I also found out that the point amount they told me to use was incorrect. They said 41 and I should have been at 42. I know it is only one point, but somedays having a 1pt string cheese is what I need.

Yesterday, I stayed within my points. I got a little hungry around 8pm, but it was far too late to eat, so I sucked it up and ignored it.

Today, has been a great Saturday. Normally, I eat McDonalds for breakfast, some other fast food for lunch, and we eat out someplace for dinner. Well, I said no way to McD's and made a sandwich for breakfast. For lunch I had a hamburger from McD's (7 pts) and for dinner we went to BD Mongolian BBQ. I checked a site for the points first, so I knew that I was good with chicken and veggies. I even took my own salad dressing with me. I actually stayed OP on a SATURDAY. WHOO HOO!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #12  
Falling, but fighting...

Default 360 to go

Hello everyone, how was your weekend?

I am very excited to say that I stayed OP both Saturday and Sunday. I even went to Costco and didn't sample, except for a little of hot cocoa.

Motivation is still going strong. I worked out this morning doing 45 minutes on the treadmill and about 5 minutes of strength training. Tomorrow I will attempt the elliptical again. I am hoping my knee will cooperate.

Susie
Old 11-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #13  
Falling, but fighting...

Default 7 Days down and all OP!

Today completes one full week OP. Last week Tuesday, I started this journey and I have felt so much better since I began eating smarter. I really feel this is the best start that I have ever had. I actually can't wait to weigh in on Saturday!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #14  
Haley wants to run!

SusieH- congrats on a week OP!
This is my second day OP and I have a bad case of head hunger right now lol. I'm not really hungry I just want to eat. So instead of doing that, I thought I would come on here write about it and then stuff my face with sugar free gum. Has anyone tried those dessert gums from Extra? I just got the apple pie yesterday OMG it is so good! Of course it's not as good as the real thing, but for 5 calories I can't really complain. Do you guys eat your activity points? I can't decide if I should or not.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #15  
Falling, but fighting...

Default 10 days OP

Haley congrats on 2 days OP! I have never tried the gum, but will soon. I have eaten my activity points on occasion, but normally I try not too.

I have stayed OP for 10 days! I am psyched! Unfortunately, it does not appear to be showing on the scale due to TOM.