Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #42
jerzeegyrl

S/C/G: 220/174/150

Height: 5'3"

Default 50 + years and pounds

Greetings from the NJ Shore.
Personal Info: I'm enjoying being 51 cuz I can do whatever I want, whenever I want... My two children are adults who live independently.

Diet/Exercise: I've tried lots of diets and still hoping to find the magic pill. But in reality, I know what works for me, lean proteins, veggies, minimal fruit and plenty of water. Unfortunately, I don't stick to what works which is why I'm fat. Due to a second job, I gave up my gym memberships (yes, I had 2) so I'm transitioning from daily visits to the gym to home exercises. I LOVE Step Aerobics but it's not the same when I'm at home in the living room. Thus, at home, I'm doing more Interval training which gets my heart rate up and works my muscles. Also, can be done in a tight space. Recently returned to walking outdoors 2 - 4 miles twice a week.

Achievements: No longer wearing "supersized" clothing. Yippeee. Able to push my body way past what I thought was possible. Fell completely in LOVE with exercise for the first time in my life.

Challenges: Motivation, Consistency, Exercising with arthritis, plantar fasciitis, tendonitis, and general joint weaknesses.
jerzeegyrl is offline   Reply With Quote