South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday 11/14 SBD Chat

Good morning Peeps! I put the coffee and tea kettle on, but lets keep the noise down for the sleepyheads.

Monday is here already, and I know it will be busy for me at the farm. Richard and the girls were on their own with Cindy still out of town, and they had a friend of Richard's stay for the weekend with his two girls. I can only imagine what the house must look like. It's a good thing I'm drinking Xtra Bold this morning!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Linda! And all who follow.

I just can't seem to adjust to the time change. Wish my brain didn't turn on so early Today we bring breakfast to our neighbors. Still to make is a new recipe for an egg dish which I'm going to try as muffins. (Not the SB recipe.) Then to the gym with my mom and trainer. Errands. Cardio. And tonight is the visitation.

Happy Monday!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:37 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Yes, Cottage, I'm afraid you might be in for something pretty scary when you get to work this am!

I gave blood yesterday for the first time and it went well. Even though I had a substantial snack after, I was starving 2 hours later and wonder if it had anything to do with the blood. Not a problem, in any case. We went out to dinner unexpectedly and I did chow down on veal piccata, just felt like I needed some serious protein. That meal was NOT on plan.

The last week before vacation, yippee! I'm so bitten by this bug to clear out everything before I go. I will absolutely use up all the food in my fridge/freezer and most of my pantry (just leaving some oats, rice, etc). and I'm going to completely wash down my fridge. I got rid of so much stuff over the weekend and it felt amazing. I have one closet left to tackle but I don't think I'll do that before we leave...time to focus on what to pack. We're only going away for a week, and pretty much staying local (the farthest we will go is Boston) but DH and DS and I are just so psyched for this trip! Hope everyone has a great day today.

ETA: Karen, I'm so sorry about all of this. How is your son taking it?

Last edited by Mmckellen; 11-14-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Karen ~ That is wonderful of you to help provide meals for the family. I know today is going to be a long and difficult one for you, and know that I am thinking of you.

Matilda ~ I hope this week goes by fast for you! I think part of the pleasure of vacation is the excitement and anticipation leading up to it. I've been on a decluttering mission this past year, and tackled the linen closet yesterday. It's getting easier and easier to toss things as I go along, and what a good feeling to be rid of all that un-unused stuff!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

Cottage, You might be pleasantly surprised today -- maybe.

Karen, I know the family will appreciate the breakfast.

Mathilda, I love planning for a trip, too. Is it winter weather there yet?

My FIL is outside with the leaf-blower already this morning. The sun isn't up even a little yet!

Hubs, FIL, Auston and I walked to the mailbox last night. It was a huge feat! It is 1/2 mile each way, and crazy steep. Down wasn't so bad. About 300 feet into 'up', I changed my mind about the walk. The scale was actually up a pound this morning, but I'm feeling thin!

I made a cake for my supervisor's birthday. It's a sugar-free/no sugar added dump cake. It is, by no means, low carb. She is diabetic and will like the surprise. I'm going to stay out of it.

Happy Monday, Chickies.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Been up for an hour just sipping coffee and doing dog loving. Feeling very quiet this morning and NOT looking forward to a hectic week. I may be back a bit later.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #7  
sophie

good morning,

Cottage - yes, you need an extra doze of that coffee.
Karen - Thinking of you, I know how difficult your day will be
Mmc - Decluttering is such a good feeling and your holiday will be here before you know it.
Chelby - your FIL should join my neighbour who goes around at 11p.m. using his blower, he even uses it to blow the snow away, also at 11p.m.
Ruth - take care of those legs, don't over do it.

I am sure that DH has bronchitis but dr. can't see him until tomorrow morning.
I plan to thoroughly clean my kitchen today and finally put in some drawer lining that I got at IKEA before the big Christmas bake begins.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Greetings! I wanted to pop in and say howdy to everyone. I've been doing good. We found a house and we close on december 9. haven't been following south beach but we're planning on going back on when we move! Didn't read much before I posted this but I'm gonna read some stuff now
Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello, I made here even though it's no longer morning, it's a start.

Cottage- I am sure you have quite the mess to go to.

Karen-

Hello to everyone else, I have work that I need to get done

Have a good evening.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! Just checking in! Blessed beyond belief!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in. Felt kind of cruddy this morning and not chatty. I think my body is tired from the big weight gain followed by the big weightloss over the past two weeks. I did my bank and office run, had lunch and then crawled into bed for a two hour nap. It sure felt good.

I have major fasting bloodwork in the morning so may not be checking in too early. Then breakfast with a friend and then Good Food Box! I'd better be back in shape for that. Yikes! Just checked the calendar and I have pet therapy in the afternoon. It'll be the hard stint as Jazz and I will be working with dementia patients.

Gosh it's dark at 4:30 now! Never mind, it'll start to get brighter in about six weeks!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

I was up at 215am and left at 345 to drive my Sis to the airport....1 hour each direction. Arrived home safe and had to be to work at 7. It's been a long day.

Despite the schedule, I did good with food. I made my smoothie before heading to the airport, didn't eat at the restaurant and will have an early dinner this eve.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Ruth and Debbie, Tell me about therapy dogs. Our new Executive Director said that it would be okay for us to use a therapy dog with our kids -- our population is kids who have been physically and sexually abused. Is there a therapy dog organization? Where should I begin? I'm sure Sparkit would love to be the office dog, but I don't want to give him a bath.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies. No time to do anything but check in. Hope you're having a fantastic day!!!
Closed Thread