Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 08:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Default What about a ROLL CALL....

I am Jen, sahm to Katy(6) and Christian(3). We are in Ontaio, Canada. When I started on my weightloss journey I was at my all time highest weight of 274 lbs on Feb 10, 2003. That is the day I started on the Atkins Plan. I have lost a total of 44 lbs so far bringing me down to 230 lbs(this was last monday's weigh-in). I am planning on getting down to my ultimate goal of 150 lbs(no set date though).

Also here are my measurements from Feb 2003 to today...

Feb 2003...................July 13.........Total " lost
------------------------------------------------------------
Waist - 50"..................46½"............. -3½"
Hips - 56"....................54½"............. -1½"
Chest - 51"..................46½"............ -4½"
Chest(under)- 43"..........42"............... -1"
Arm - 17".....................16"............... -1"
Wrist - 7".....................6¾".............. -¼"
Thigh - 29½"................27½"............ -2"
Calve - 19"..................17½"............. -1½"
Neck - 17"...................16"................ -1

I notice most of my weight loss in my hands/fingers, feet, and my boobs. I started out wearing a bra size 46D and am now wearing a 42C...how cool is that.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:09 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Great idea.

I'm Sandi...full time working mommy to Jacob. 2 1/2 years. happily married to Steve for 11 years. My highest weight was 320 in November 1999. I have been yo-yoing between 299 and 275 this year. (Last year too). The thing about me, is I never give up. Someday I WILL make it.

I am one of two moderators for the 100lb club and I run the Monthly points challenges.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:01 PM   #3  

Hi,

I'm Sherry, married to Frank for ten years this August. We have one son, Matthew, who just turned four on July eighth. I work full time as a customer service rep.

My all time high weight was 256. Started my journey on 1/1/03, and am currently at 217.5. I've lost five inches EACH off of my waist and hips-didn't measure my thighs-too depressing to think about!

I've found I actually enjoy exercising, but am still struggling with food. It has become somewhat easier since coming off of the anti-depressants I took from 8/99 to February of this year due to post partum depression, but it's still a daily battle. My major downfalls are anything chocolate and pizza. I'm an emotional eater...

I don't know what my end goal is. I'm not aiming to be skinny or thin. I want to be fit and STRONG-since muscle weighs more than fat, my ending weight may be higher than I'd planned. I want to go by how I look and feel, not by a number on the scale.

Thanks for reading-
Sherry
Old 07-13-2003, 10:14 PM   #4  

I'll post my roll.

My name is Amanda, I have been on my weight loss journey for the past 2 years now and it's not panning out well for me now. I reached my all time high last year and that was 281lbs. I have been down to 267lbs and now am between 275lbs and 280lbs.

I have 2 daughters, Kim (5yrs) and Abby (3). I have been married for 6 years and my husband is currently in Iraq. I live in south central Pennsylvania and am in the cosmetics business. I also run a daycare center in the winter at a local ski resort. Oh, to top it off, I am currently also in school to get my education degree.

Well that's it for now,
Bella23
Old 07-13-2003, 10:54 PM   #5  

My name is Miki. I am happily married to Phil (19 yrs) and have two boys, Josh 13 and Luke 11. I work "parttime" at a bank which means almost every day. I worked there fulltime for 13 yrs before going to part-time to have more time for family and housekeeping, etc. I live in southeast Arkansas where I have lived my entire life (except for college in Louisiana).

I began the journey to a healthier life this past Oct because I panicked when I realized I'd be 40 in March. Everyone says it's harder after 40 so I knew I better get busy. The first 6 months or so I did really well as far as the scales showed. I've lost 42 lbs and I lost 5 inches in my waist, 4 from my hips. That seems to have come to a halt lately and I'm getting very discouraged. I havent lost a lb or an inch in 6 weeks or more!! I rarely miss a day of exercise. I think my biggest problem is not drinking water like I used to. I have just got to make myself get back into that.

My highest weight that I remember was 256. My goal is 160. I am 5 ft 7 1/2.

Guess that's about it about me for now.

Miki
Old 07-13-2003, 10:55 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hello,
my name is Jessica and I am Chocoholic.

I'm 27, live in sunny san diego, Ca with the Cute Boyfriend of 2 years. I have two beautiful Huskies that love to jump through windows and eat books. I have a job in a non-profit organization (yes, I get paid) and I'm a film student.

My highest weight was 298... or at least that was the last weight recorded before I refused to get on a scale again. I'm down to 255, 20 of those were while I was here at 3FC.

My PLAN! I'm currently half-arsed BFLing it. I do LOVE to lift weights so that's been a real bonus. Now if only I could kick my cardio into gear again. And I'm a very avid dancer. You name it, I've probably tried it. Currently, I help run a non-profit dance group and have a great time doing it. Heck, if I could just get a job dancing all day, I'd reach my goal in no time!
Old 07-13-2003, 11:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Okay--I'm Sheila, I'm 5' 9" tall, my highest weight was 261 in October, and I'm now at 214. So it's coming off slowly, but it's definitely coming off. I started taking measurements in April and by June I'd lost 10 inches.

I've been married 22 years, and we have a blended (his, hers, ours) family of four children, the oldest is 31, and the youngest is almost 20. I have one granddaughter who will be 3 years old in September. We moved to the house I grew up in last fall so I could take care of my dad, and my DH telecommmutes to his job in the state we used to live in. I was a technical writer and had my own animal rescue nonprofit group before we moved.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:11 PM   #8  

Hi, I'm Kim and I live in Kansas. I'm a stay at home mom to my 6 kids, and I run my own on-line business out of my home. DH is a truck driver so he's gone much of the time and it's just the kids and I. My kids are my life and I know that I have to get healthier for them.

I'm only 5'3" and topped out at 330 pounds. I started seriously dieting on January 1st of this year. I've become as obsessive about the dieting as I was about the over-eating, so the weight was coming off very quickly but has recently slowed down some. I eat a restricted amount of calories and exercise for about 2 hours every day. I was lifting weights for a while, but I really hated it and haven't done it in a couple of months. I'm hoping to reach my goal by Christmas of this year. I know 140 is still a little heavy for being 5'3", but I think it's a livable weight for me.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:58 PM   #9  

Kim. I don't think 140 is heavy for 5'3''. My goal is 150 and I'm 5'5". I think that puts me at about a size 12 and I was very comfortable there.

You're already gorgeous, but I wanted you to know that I"m sure you'll look very svelte when you reach your goal.

And you WILL reach it! You can do it!
Old 07-14-2003, 12:11 AM   #10  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

My name is Raelynn and I am a 23 year-old single mom to my (almost) 3 year-old daughter Jordanna. I work fulltime as a reporting analyst for the Hewlett-Packard project at a callcenter. I started my weightloss journey on July 15th 2002 (almost a year ago) and I have gone from 276 lbs to 220 lbs. I was at 203 at xmas time, but I gained back to 240 and am now on my way back down again. At my heaviest, my waist was 47", my hips were 55" and my bust was 46DDD, I was a size 24. Currently, my waist is 35.5", my hips are 45" and my bust is 38DD, I am wearing size 14/16 clothes. I hope to get down to 170 lbs, but I'll be happy in a size 10, regardless of what my weight is.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:47 AM   #11  

Hi, my name is Ellen and I'm a stay at home Mom to my retired DH. We'll be celebrating our 45th anniversary in October.

I used to be 5'5" but I think I'm more like 5'3" nowadays (and no, I really don't want to know for sure - that way I can still look at weights for 5'4"). My highest at dr. office was 251 in March of 2002. I started this journey sort of leisurely in May of that year and was at 250 when I saw dr. in June. Picked up the pace with 3FC around then and was at 208.8 on my scale yesterday (some #s difference from drs, of course). For the most part, it's been slow with the usual ups and downs. My goal is mainly to be eating in a healthy, moderate way amd with the exception of some occasional off days and one major binge, I've been doing that. Fortunately, the M.B. lasted only one evening.

I have to occasionally remind myself of the water. I've been having at least 8 cups every day but find I need more than that to lose. My main problem is exercise. I have RA and sometimes that limits me to water exercising. I've recently recommitted to that and had three good workouts last week. I like to walk but a mile is a major accomplishment for me. So if nothing else, I'm 40 #s lighter and a lot healthier than a year ago.

So, slowly, steadily, hopefully downward....
Old 07-14-2003, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello my name is Tamara, I am a divorced mom of 2 Raymond (6) and Stephanie (15months). I work full time. I began my journey at 303 and now at 278. I have been fluctuating the last 3 months in the 275-280. I am around 5'7. I don't know what my measurments are but I started at a 28 pants and now in between a 24-26. The bra has gotten smaller but I have not bought a new one yet. Keeping the faith is one of the keys to this weightlose journey.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:38 AM   #13  

My name is Denise, I am a 28 year old stay home mom of two boys (Mark, almost 6 and Drew, 3). My dh Mike and I have been married almost 7 years, and I've been home for three of them. Although that ends soon (July 23, I student teach and then on to full time employment).
At my largest, I was wearing a size 22 and weighed about 280 on my 5'9" frame. I have been yo-yoing as of late and have dropped to as much 204, but am currently closer to 220 and wearing a 18 or 16W. I did well on WW, but due to $$, I had to quit. I tried it at home, but could not stick with the plan. I, like Sandi, am not going to give up.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:57 AM   #14  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

My name is Howie I am 36 years old and live in Newark Ohio. I started my weight loss back in June of 1990 I was 490 lbs. I lost 190 lbs at that time. I got married to my beautiful wife Kimberley in 1992. I then began to fall back into my old eating habits but since I had a new job of working at a lumberyard I got plenty of exercise and did not gain. However in 1994 I fell 10 feet out of a loft and broke my back. I started putting the weight back on because of being sedentary. I got back to work only to injure my back again and have surgery. So then I could no longer do that kind of work. I went back to school for computer programming. That is when the weight really started coming back on. I shot back up to 422 and am currently 402 but maybe back in the 300’s after I weigh tonight at work. I am as determined as I was in 1990 and I am going to do this. I even went back on the diet at the same time of year as then.

I have always been an emotional eater. My father was an alcoholic some of my brothers chose drugs and I chose food. That is what I have to defeat, my addiction to food. I am going to do this I have to. I don’t want to die of a heart attack. Plus my back is going to feel a lot better when I lose the weight.

Well that’s me in a nutshell.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:34 PM   #15  

My name is Amy, I am a magazine editor who's single with a cat (feel free to insert any single-woman-over-30-cliches here!). I moved to PA recently after a lifetime in New Jersey. When I switched jobs, a few of my co-workers recommended me for the Trevose Behavior Modification Program--basically a calorie counting, lifestyle-changing plan. I really love the group, and at a $1 per week, you can beat the price. Plus, the results are shared with the University of Pennsylvania's weight-loss studies group, so I feel like I might be helping others as I get myself into shape.
When I started I weighed in at 231 pounds, which at 5 feet on a good day had me looking a bit like Jaba the Hut. It's been 14 months and I've lost 76.5 pounds. I'd like to just get on the weight chart as normal, which for me will be 131. Things have been rough on the weight loss front, but I knew when I started that the losing would take about 2-3 years and the maintaining would be a lifelong effort.
Closed Thread