Thread: 300+.....Bios
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:10 AM   #51
condanchri

S/C/G: 365/TICKER/300

Height: 5'10"

DATE - 11/8/11

USER NAME -condanchri

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - I've been using that since my husband and I had our first child (son's name is Connor, my name is Dani and hubby's name is Chris ... condanchri)

REAL NAME - Dani (Danielle)

AGE - 43

BIRTHDATE - Sept 20

WHERE YOU LIVE - Western Washington State

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Married to Chris

ANNIVERSARY - April 22, 2000

KIDS - 3: Connor (10, almost 11!!), Logan (8) and Madeline (7)

PETS - 2 German Shepherd dogs, 1 stealthy hunting cat and 1 Beta fish

OCCUPATION - domestic goddess, homeschooling mom and future RN

STARTING WEIGHT - 356 lbs.

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - I have been doing Ideal Protein, on and off, for the past 6 months. I don't think I have the required will-power for it to work consistently for me (especially considering the money I have blown on it, thus far). I have found it to be extremely restrictive, and I subconsciously fight restriction. I am seriously considering trying Jenny Craig (tried it once, 16+ yrs. ago, and felt really healthy on it). My health insurance gives me a discount on the program, so I may try it for a month and see how it goes.

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Zumba!!! However, at my present weight (and age), I definitely feel the pain in my knees. I know it will get better when my weight goes down, but it hurts right now. I Zumba 3x per week, hoping to work up to 4x per week. Despite my size, my instructors are hoping I will eventually go through instructor training, so I must be doing something right!

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Hmmmmm. Anything deemed "forbidden" in my tremendously warped "diet" mindset: carbs and sweets usually.

FAV.BOOK(S) - "Juliet" by Anne Fortier - I want to move to Italy!!!

FAV. MOVIE(S) - Braveheart, Julie & Julia, The Departed, JFK, Usual Suspects

FAV. SONG(S) - Price Tag, by Jessie J, LOT'S of others...

FAV. QUOTE - "No one is perfect, that's why pencils have erasers." - Anonymous

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I am definitely someone who has, unfortunately, had to deal with "diets" and "loosing weight" thinking since I was just 13 years old. My mom had me on Tab and other diet drinks early on, and 800 calorie diets while in my early years of high school. I somehow grew away from all that, became a flight attendant, and married my true love (miraculously!). However, I find that I fight the same demons I used to, and I now have a loving daughter (now 7 yrs old) who I am SO careful does not follow in my footsteps. My mantra is: HEALTHY EATING!! EXERCISE!! I so want to get back to a healthy body for myself, to be a role model to my daughter. It is good to have a motivator that is outside of myself.
condanchri is offline   Reply With Quote