Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/180/144

Height: 5'6

Default Here I Go Again....

So here I am again and up 6 pounds Wish I could say otherwise, but it isn't so. Found out a couple of weeks ago that my father has to undergo major surgery on the 29th and have not been taking very good care of myself since finding out. Life really does throw obstacles at you that prevent us from reaching our goals.... but only if we let them!! I am optimistic about the outcome of his surgery and have realized that my life shouldn't stop because of this obstacle, if anything it should pull me forword. I have been going out to eat and enjoying one too many cocktails as of late and I say I am using that to cope. Well, I call BS!!! I think that I should start going to the gym and find other activities to ease my mind and cope with this scary period of my life. I think I am only making myself more unhappy. So, I have a goal! I am going to lose ten pounds by Thanksgiving and enjoy every bit of my father in the process!!! I will find healthy ways to cope (like taking my kids out to play, going to church more, the gym, and coming on this site!) I think he would prefer that anyway. Please, say a prayer for him (Michael) and wish me luck as I wish all of you luck as well.
Shmoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Great attitude! If you were being hospitalized for whatever reason, I'm sure you would feel like you wouldn't want everyone to give up their goals, or change what they're doing in their day to day lives, so I'm sure your dad feels the same. When life hands you stress, that's when staying on track is most important. There are too many opportunities for stress in our lives. Good luck on that goal! I'm sure you'll lose a large chunk right away, just from water!

Prayers to your dad! I was dieting last year, hcg no less, when my dad was hospitalized after having a heart attack. I understand your stress!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #3  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Sorry to hear about your father. He will be in my thoughts.

And great attitude, indeed. By taking care of yourself, you will be stronger not only physically but emotionally for him and your family.

I was in a similar situation when my mother fell and fractured both of her wrists a few years back. She was in casts for 2 months and I had to take care of her as if she were a baby: feeding, bathing, dressing, etc... I felt like giving up my exercise and diet at that time, too. But, like you, I told myself, "NO!". I needed to be strong for her as well as myself and not fall into a pity party. As a result, in that two months I lost 20 pounds and became stronger in every way.

Proud of you for doing the right thing!!!

Last edited by sandcar150; 11-08-2011 at 02:31 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Shmoops - I'm a fellow Nebraskan and waiving at you across the great plains. I am sorry to hear about your dad and his health problems, I will pray that everything goes well for him.
I love your attitude, calling B.S. on yourself is a great sign of strength. That same strength will get you through your rough times.
Best of luck to you!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #5  
tiwiwas

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Thanks

You sound like most of us---we know what to do to stay out of trouble but often do not by choice. I admire your post and honesty.
tiwiwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Hang in there, kiddo ... sent a ^prayer^ up for your Dad tonight too !
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Another Nebraska girl here!

My husband had heart surgery in January. It was scary! But I stayed on plan, because at the time, it was the only thing I had to hang onto, that I could control.

Currently, the hubs Afib surgery is holding. That's a good thing. The bad thing is, his heart beats to fast.

A pacemaker will not help, so now we are on a journey of medication.

*Deep sigh*

He gets to work, but beyond that, he sleeps, and sleeps and sleeps, all the time and all weekend.

Hugs and prayers for you and your family!

It is a tough row to hoe, but I'm working very hard on making the good habits, my comfort zone. Especially the exercise part. It's only 30 minutes, but I feel so much better, and so much more positive!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote