Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default bodybugg & exercise

I just got my bodybugg yesterday and after setting it up, it says I have to burn 2350 with intake 1350 to lose 2 pounds/week with 1000 deficit. I am already getting defeated just looking at that number. I read how a lot of you are burning more then that and I have to ask how long are you exercising? I rotate between a recumbent, elliptical, exercise ball and weights. Today is my first full day wearing it. I have a desk job so I will be trying to walk as much as possible...
mgruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #2  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Please don't feel defeated by looking at that number; it's just a suggestion, nothing more, and you're still going to lose weight even if you don't meet it.

I have been using my BodyBugg for about a week and a half, and I am generally burning above 2500 calories/day on the days I go to the gym. When at the gym I typically do either cardio (in the form of either the eliptical or jogging on the treadmill) for ~45 minutes, or I do strength training for about 40 minutes, stretching, and then 25 minutes of cardio (stationary bike). On the two day since having the Bugg that I have worked out at/around home (25 minute run outside, or 35 minutes of body weight strength exercises), I have still burned around 2400 calories. The one day in the last week and a half when I did not exercise I still burned ~2000 calories, and I'm a pretty sedentary person aside from the time I devote to exercise.

A few things someone who has been using the Bugg for a long time mentioned to me: you likely won't get an accurate measurement of your calorie burn when doing weight training or something like a bike, as the Bugg doesn't detect that kind of movement as well as other types. At her suggestion, I keep my monitor on my arm (tricep) when I'm doing upper body weight training but move it to my calf for lower body strength training, and I also wear it on my calf for the eliptical and for the stationary bike. For running, I keep it on my arm.

Let us know how things went your first day wearing it, and what kind of calorie burn you're seeing with and without exercise. Hope things go well!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the info.. Yesterday I burnt 2300 calories.. just 50 short. I still got a 1000 cal deficit. Today, I rotated my exercise more on the bike and less on elliptical. I burnt more yesterday.

I understand putting the BB on your calf for stationary bike, but why the elliptical if your arms are moving? is it more accurate? I will try this tomorrow.

I am thinking about everything I put in my mouth now which is great. Looking forward to stepping on the scale in 5 days to see if there is any loss...
mgruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #4  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

As far as putting it on your calf for the eliptical... I guess it would depend on your movements on the machine. I feel like my arms do far less movement than my legs, and sometimes, when I'm going backward, I just hold on to the stationary grips rather than the moving arm things. I feel like for what I do on the eliptical, putting it on my calf would be more accurate. But do what works best for you!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote