View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #18
BCGirl
IP Maintaining

S/C/G: 163/132/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
I appreciate all the feedback - this type of brainstorming is giving me different views.

I just don't have too much confidence in her as she originally told me lettuce & celery were unlimited - found out 2 weeks later that she was incorrect. Mentioned I need 1-2 tsp of oil/day but never told me that was "on top" of what you use to cook until last week, therefore I have only started to ensure I get that in. Originally stated that I could have "unlimited" WF dressings and has recently changed it to two tablespoons.

I have lost inches (30 so far), I take all the supplements that are mandatory and drink over 120 ounces of water a day - I'm a waterholic! I measure all my veggies and eat lettuce at lunch and supper. And as mentioned earlier I weigh my meat after it is cooked and make sure I have over 4oz

I use to work out 4 times/week, 1/2 hour treadmill or stairmaster with althernate days using weights. Since I've started IP I haven't done the above as my coach mentioned it could put the body into starvation mode. So basically I'm on my *** 12 hr/day (4 days/week) and doubt very much I'm burning more than I'm eating. I am really itching to get to the gym, but the week I went a couple times (only walked on the treadmill ) I gained .8lbs and have been leary to try it again.
Look at the stickies to read the info on the program (which I'm assuming you received when you started?) - it is very clearly laid out in terms of what you can have or not. Then coaches work with clients to adjust to the clients' needs.

You appear to be getting some bad advice, ironically based on the above much of the original advice you got was good . After saying that the plan is standardized I can tell you that I have treated lettuce and celery as unlimited, absolutely counted the oil in my dressings as meeting the amount needed, and have used WF throughout (never more than 2 tblsp, but that's a lot of dressing!) It is not uncommon for coaches to recommend cutting back on non program (WF) foods if weight loss is slowing.

I would weigh your meat before cooking as the plan outlines - few meats shrink by 1/2 in weight through cooking.

Just my 2 cents