South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Chat for Thursday, Nov 3

Good morning Chicklets! Time to rise and shine!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Default Thursday, November 3 SBD Chat

It's strong this morning, but good!

It's going to be a cool, rainy day in Alabama. Auston is ready for snow. Can he visit someone? He's actually not on my Happy List today. I found FOLDED clothes in the dirty clothes pile yesterday. Laundry is my favorite!

What's going on with you Chickies? Anyone planning dinner around the BAMA/LSU game?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

OOOPS! I started it, too. You can delete mine.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

No problem, Chelby, I just merged our threads. My son used to pull that trick on me, too, because he was too lazy to put away his clean clothes. He learned real fast that he'd be responsible for his own laundry if he ever tried that stunt again. I'm not a sports fan, but I hope it's a good game!

It's supposed to be warm and sunny here for the next few days. I have to get out there and clean up my flower beds since they finally succumbed to last week's snowstorm. Yuck, that's not going to be fun, as they're all black and slimy. If I get home early enough this afternoon, I'll try to get that chore out of the way so I can enjoy the rest of my 3 day weekend.

I finally tried that recipe for cauliflower crust pizza last night, and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! It made a great supper while watching "Survivor."
Old 11-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm rising but not shining I so hate insomnia. Yes, I actually have "natural" sleep aids but I don't like taking them every night. I was in a good groove with sleep and then I started with little bouts until last night when I was up more than 2 hours. Guess it's back to the pills tonight.

Today there will be dropping and picking up DW. She has a long day with a conference a couple of hours away. I will pick her up in town around 9, lots of coffee for me. Other than that conference work, chores and some exercise will be my day.

DW decided last night that she wants to go to the ocean this weekend so Sunday we are off to PI. We have to be at the hospital at 6 am Monday but with the clocks going back it will get dark early anyway. I figure whatever she wants to do this weekend we can do.

Time to get this day moving. Happy Thursday everyone
Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 129/120/112

Height: 5 Feet

Morning ladies! Since starting a new job and vaca I haven't been on so want to poke my head in and say hi. I'm still on plan and the df is for the most part but he really doesn't need to lose anymore weight. I'm trying to get used to this new schedule with work. Anywho, hope all you ladies are well!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dragging in a bit late and still need to gather the garbage for pick-up. Too bad the darned dogs don't contribute more to the actual chores although they certainly add to the relaxed ambiance around here. Both are asleep on the sofa in the back room, curled up together on the same skimpy pillow.

Sheesh, Michelle! Tell Auston to unfold the clothes before he put them in the laundry. I thought he was a smart kid!

Linda, it won't be as bad when you finally get to it. I did two hours with slimy hostas yesterday and survived. A few more to do today.

Cyndi, a weekend at the shore is probably exactly what you and Julie need before the Monday event. Thanks for the reminder about the time change. I wouldn't want to be early for Church on Sunday.

Nice to see you pop in, Jerseygiiirl. Men lose weight so much faster than we do. It should NOT be allowed.

The usual Thursday flurry around here with payroll tomorrow. It's Natalie's last day so I have some end of contract paperwork to figure out. She will be back in the spring and may do a day a week until then but is officially off the books as of tomorrow.

Tonight is the Fair Board Annual Meeting and elections. I am staying on the Board as a Director but expect a bit of a shuffle in the Executive. There is a rumble in the Village about some folks who are not pleased with the current executive so a larger crowd than usual is expected. It'll either be a "non-event" or very, very interesting.

Time to get the trash out to the road - my Happy Thursday task.

See y'all later.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Chelby - no 'bama game watchin'. THey did beat us (Penn State) this year though! Stinkin' tide!!

Cottage - good point, I need to put that on my list-to-do this weekend, right after "mop floors". I'll have to contain my excitement!!

Cyndi - sorry you're having such a hard time getting a good night's sleep.

Jersey - good to see you pop in!

Well, I went on a ga-reat trail run yesterday, which really reinvigorated me. I think I really needed to get out and do that, hadn't been able to go on trails due to trails, s**w, schedule, etc. The dog was so confused why she had to stay closer to me....she doesn't understand it's hunting season!!

Today is a lonnnng day of work. The kids get on the bus shortly, I plan on jumping on my bike downstairs for 1/2 hour before I go to work. It makes me feel so much better when I work out, but sometimes it's so hard to get yourself to do it!

Have a great day everyone!

Ruth - you snuck in! I love hearing about your local events, always interesting

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-03-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

Cyndi - I wish those natural remedies worked for me. I guess that my threshold for meds is too high. Though tell that to the UTI meds that are turning my toilet orange each time I pee!

Cottage - I too watched survivor and I think the pizza would have made it even better

Chelby - Morning. I have to say, I used to pull that stunt too BUT I at least unfolded it first

Jersey -

Ruth - have a great day!

Twynn - I am having that same issue too re: exercise. You've inspired me to Just Dance today!

I am hoping that my boss lets me work from home today. Otherwise, I am going to be very, very late. It's so much more comfortable to lay out than be in a sitting position. Pain isn't gone but the urgency has lessened!

I hope I get to stay home with the cats today! Plus, fridge at work is broken and I don't want to buy my food AGAIN...
Old 11-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - Did you use frozen or fresh cauliflower? I've seen both in recipes and keep meaning to try it.

Chelby - My teen was such a slob he never put clothes in drawers and often gathered up clean from the floor with the dirty for the laundry. Drove me crazy. When he went to college I went into his room and put everything away!

Cyndi - My SIL swears by melatonin but I tried it once and hated it. I admit I take the prescription stuff when I travel. Hope you get a good rest tonight.

jerseygirl - Nice to see you pop up. Glad things are going well.

Ruth - Sounds like a typically busy day for you.

Twynn - Glad you got such a great run in. Hunting nearby?! Scary.

Jenn - Glad you are at least improving.

Nothing much happening here today. Some charitable foundation work to do. Exercise, of course. I'm hoping we finally get a killing freeze tonight. I'm also looking over spa treatment options for my trip coming up in a month. I get to book them on Saturday, 4 weeks out. Massages... mmmmm. Maybe I should actually look at my calendar to see if anything "important" is happening Days kinda blur together now with our empty nest. But in a good way.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Things are going well here. DD slept really well last night but the dogs kept us awake. Even though they were inside with the heaters on, I think they were whining about the cold weather. Oy vey!

Tonight's my night "off" from baby duty, so I'm going to try to start getting things ready for the weeks ahead. We have a trip out of town, company coming one weekend and then more company coming in for Thanksgiving that same week. I also want DH to get out the Christmas decor by then so I can slowly start decorating, but we'll see how that goes!

Ugh...already time to head downstairs to pump. I will try to pop back in for personals soon!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

Sis arrived safe and sound...weather wasn't too bad after all. I slept 10 hours . I've been up trying to clear niggles and just got the call that "we're" leaving at 11. I still have bills to pay.

Food yesterday was SANE. A nibble of a biscuit and a sm.piece of milk choc. were my only indisgressions and I can live with that. Don't know what they have in mind for lunch but I've had my green smoothie and am prepared to make good decisions.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Have fun with your sister Debbie! God bless!
Closed Thread