View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #41
Nancyoyo

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Y’all keep moving far too fast for me to keep up! By the time I get through reading all the new posts, I don’t have time to write anything. And then I feel guilty, because here I am, doing diddly squat, & lots of you hold down full-time jobs & lead very busy lives, & still find time to write long, interesting, chatty posts. How do you do it?!!! Anyway, here I am, & it’s getting late again. But, there are a few things I have to chime in on, even though they’re almost ancient history by now.

Bobbi, I think it was you that mentioned those old chord organs that you played by number. We had one when I was a kid, & I would memorize the numbers to the tune of the song. I still remember “5-5-3-6-5-3,5-5-3-6-5-3,5-3-5-3,3-5-5-1”. That was “Ring Around the Rosie”. Amazing what sticks in your head!

Gayle, I like what you said about our partners & making peace with how they are, & deciding what we will & won’t put up with. That’s exactly the way I feel about it (& you said it so well!). Whenever my SO says or does something that really annoys me, I ask myself “would I rather put up with ______, or live without him?” and, I always choose to keep him (so far anyway LOL!).

I have 2 pages of notes of things I wanted to comment on, but I just don’t have time! As usual, I have to get up at 4AM in the morning, but I won’t get to go back to sleep after SO leaves for work. My mom & I are going to a grocery store tomorrow, that’s having a one-day-only sale, & we want to get there early, before they sell out of the good stuff (no rain checks). So, I need to make sure I get to bed early tonight. ‘Night y’all.
NCNancy