Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/1/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/139/112

Height: 4' 10"

Morning wuv. You are always so on the ball with starting the daily chat. Just wanted to say thanks for that...and all your good advice. Hope you have a great day!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #3  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Helloooo!! My name is Tatiana. I started IP earlier this year and stopped for various reasons after about 2 months. I lost close to 40 lbs! I tried restarting several times, but I couldn't stay committed like I had been. Anyways, I'm starting back today!! No excuses now, I will make the necessary sacrifices and make myself a priority again starting today!
If anybody is feeling weak, bored, having cravings, or doubting the financial sacrifice, I will say IP is worth it!!! Once you've started, stick it through until the end because it's not worth going off program for any reason. I'm back where I started and wasted a lot of money and time before!! "Bad" food never tastes as good as it did before IP, you'll feel worse, your energy goes down and it's not worth it! I look forward to getting to know those who've started in the last couple of months, I think most I knew before are on maintenance now!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #4  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Had a really good sleep. No leg cramping. I take an extra potassium when I have leg cramps. Go for WI tonite and try a yoga class too. Have a good day
Old 11-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #5  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone survived Trick or Treat OP! I didn't get my snack in last night. It was so late when we finally got home, I was eating my dinner at 9:00 and was tired. My kids had a great time, lots of candy. I checked through all of it last night and none of it was really tempting, even before my dinner. I normally would have deemed a couple of chocolate candies only safe for Mom to eat, lol! Hope you all have a great day! I will be busy finishing up my 5 year old's "car" that we made out of a cardboard box. They are having a transportation parade this Friday at his school. Our car is LSU themed. I painted it purple and painted gold flames coming from the hood along the sides. It's turning out pretty well. Just need to get it finished!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning all.

Welcome back OP Tatiana!

I've been going strong for 4 solid weeks and this is the first week I'm doubting a loss. TOM has really thrown me off. I'm anxious to check tomorrow morning to see if I've lost some of the bloat. I went from starving to no appetite as well. The joys of womanhood!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Pleased to report I've lost 4 of the 9 pounds I brought home as souveniers from Scotland a week ago.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Sherwood, good for you!

Love the date today and my friend is having her baby today. I am at a standstill this week with weight, I switch to phase 3 on friday and I am a little nervous. I will do phase 3 for 2 full weeks and then on to phase 4. I will start up with phase 1 the first of the year to take off the last 20 lbs. I have started a little more exercise and it feels good. Happy Nov. 1st and brace yourself for the holidays and winter, it is already cold here!

Wuv, I didn't see anything yesterday from Itsaboutime, hope all is well.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #9  
started IP 10/10/2011

S/C/G: 356/337 or see ticker/190-200

Height: 5'11

Good morning all,

Im happy to tell you that I had my first NSV this morning while putting on my scrubs.. I am no longer a 3x pants or shirt. I got a pair of 2x scrubs last year while trying to diet on my own and never got into them. Now they are HUGE on me and im having to tie them realllllllllllly tight so they stay up!! Im so excited. My scrub shirts have always been a 3x and now a 2x feels like a big T-shirt and let me tell you thats huge for me since im REALLLY gifted up top if you know what I mean. Anywho I just wanted to share.

Good luck today eveyone!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone, I hope your day is off to a great start! This is just the start of the second week for me but my first week really has me motivated. However, I started this program knowing I would be facing a huge challenge at the 7 -8 week point. I considered not starting until after the first of the year but decided it was now or never. Anyway, here is my upcoming challenge. We are going to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica for Christmas and I have no idea how to try and manage this. We will be there 5 days and 4 nights and I could really use some advice. The sweets won't really be an issue for me but the other food will be and I do enjoy a good rum drink. Thanks for any suggestions, advice.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone!!!

Thought I'd pop in and say "hi" - beautiful Northern Lights on the drive in this morning.
Watched the movie Lincoln Lawyer last night and it's definitely worth watching.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #12  
started IP 10/10/2011

S/C/G: 356/337 or see ticker/190-200

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Good morning everyone, I hope your day is off to a great start! This is just the start of the second week for me but my first week really has me motivated. However, I started this program knowing I would be facing a huge challenge at the 7 -8 week point. I considered not starting until after the first of the year but decided it was now or never. Anyway, here is my upcoming challenge. We are going to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica for Christmas and I have no idea how to try and manage this. We will be there 5 days and 4 nights and I could really use some advice. The sweets won't really be an issue for me but the other food will be and I do enjoy a good rum drink. Thanks for any suggestions, advice.

MustangMolly,

I have the same issue at the beginning of December. My husband and I are going to a wedding and then on a 7 day cruise. My coach said that we might be able to take a few products with us but I imagine that would be crazy going through customs.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
Helloooo!! My name is Tatiana. I started IP earlier this year and stopped for various reasons after about 2 months. I lost close to 40 lbs! I tried restarting several times, but I couldn't stay committed like I had been. Anyways, I'm starting back today!! No excuses now, I will make the necessary sacrifices and make myself a priority again starting today!
If anybody is feeling weak, bored, having cravings, or doubting the financial sacrifice, I will say IP is worth it!!! Once you've started, stick it through until the end because it's not worth going off program for any reason. I'm back where I started and wasted a lot of money and time before!! "Bad" food never tastes as good as it did before IP, you'll feel worse, your energy goes down and it's not worth it! I look forward to getting to know those who've started in the last couple of months, I think most I knew before are on maintenance now!
Welcome back! I know from past diets that once you fall off of the wagon just how hard it is to get back on. And that is one of my motivating factors to stay on IP till the end.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #14  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Weigh In Day for me.
I am down another 1.2 pounds this week. It is my smallest weigh-in ever but I have lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks so I think my body is just "re-adjusting" itself. I am excited that I met and exceeded my Halloween goal which was to be down 20#.
Now moving on to my Thanksgiving Goal which is to be ready to move into Phase II. I need to lose 6.8 more pounds in the next 3 weeks. I feel determined and focused to get this done!

Last edited by boyz4us; 11-01-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Has anybody eaten at Japanese Village, if so, do you have any suggestions for dinner?
Closed Thread