Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 11:57 AM   #1  

Talking Body Flex?

I was up late last night and I happend to stubble upon an infomerical regarding Body Flex. It claimed that you could lose up to 14 inches in ONE week just by breathing and doing resistance exercises. Has anyone done this before or known anyone?
Old 07-11-2003, 04:41 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Michelle...I think if you do a "search" (at the top of the page) and type in Body Flex, there have been quite a few discussions by people who've used or were looking to try it. Try looking in the exercise forum also. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:23 PM   #3  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Michelle,
I've read on several boards where people have good luck with this exercise plan..I actually have the tapes, but have never used them
I think you have to be very diligent with doing this everyday for it to work...
Good luck.
BOB
Old 07-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #4  

Smile

This is my first time here. I used the old Body Flex system and it did everything it said it would. It was great. I have bought the new system with the bar but have not taken it out of the closet yet. I would recomend Body Flex to anyone. I just need to get
myself motivated here and start doing it again. When I did the
old system, without the bar, it took only 15 minutes a day and I could not blieve the results I saw. The new Bar one looks great.
I am older now and have trouble getting on my knees so this should be just what I need. I, like most of us, have spent thousands of dollars on weight loss stuff. Body Flex is about $35 and worth every penny. You can take it anywhere. It has a money back thing to so just try it. Good Luck
Old 07-20-2003, 05:26 PM   #5  

Smile Body Flex

I used this for the first time today and was totally impressed. Just one question, on WW how would you count this for activity points? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Lisa.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:25 AM   #6  

Dear Lisa, I just started my ex program to and it felt good. Since you get into a high rate of fate burn so quick with Body Flex I would count it as like an hour of med hard exercise. I do not do Weight Watcher, if that is what WW is. I use to do the Body Flex, then get on my glider for 30 min, everyday and it was coming off pretty fast and I lost tons of inches. I think I would liken it to like an hour of fast walking I guess which is like 4 miles. Good luck, Penpen
Old 07-27-2003, 09:32 AM   #7  

Default Body Flex 1st Week's Results

Okay, I saw this on TV and bought it ebay and thought what do I have to lose except 20 minutes in the morning, right? Anyway, I measured today and here are my one week losses

Upper Abs 3 inches
Waist 3 inches
Lower Abs 3 inches
Hips 1 inch
Thighs 0 inches (but my legs are pretty swollen today)
Upper Arm 2 inches

If my math is correct, I lost a total of 12 inches in one week. Now, of course, I do Curves and WATP too and have been for 2 months but the only thing different I did last week was Body Flex. I'm hooked.

Just had to share!!

Lisa

Last edited by LighterLisa; 08-02-2003 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:02 PM   #8  

Update: Week 2 Measurements

Upper Abs 1 inches
Waist 2 inches
Lower Abs 1 inches
Hips 1 inch
Thighs 0 inches (but my legs are pretty swollen today)
Upper Arm 1 inch

That makes an additional 6 inches this week. Still hooked.

Last edited by LighterLisa; 08-02-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:22 PM   #9  

Hello,

I ordered BF and then saw stuff on the Internet about Oxycise and ordered it. Both had the 30-day money back guarantee so I thought I'd figure out which one I liked better.

I sent BF back for a refund. Love Oxycise.

BF is a really violent breath, the holding your breath part bothered me because I felt like I was starved for oxygen, and finally I saw Greer Childers on that Health Rider commercial years ago where she claimed the very same thing she claims about BF --how THIS is the only weight loss program that has ever worked for her.

Oxycise has a great message board for support, it's smooth and easy to do rather than violent, and it makes me feel revved for the rest of the day.

Just my opinion...
Old 08-31-2003, 06:41 PM   #10  

Question Body Flex...

Hey y'all...this is my first time posting, well, second, but I never heard anything back from it but I figured that life is just quirky that way. Anyway, I am intrigued by the BodyFlex system and have seen some posts on it but I was wondering if anyone else had any other commentary about it or 'this is the truth, it just doesn't work' kind of information that they could help provide. I purchased the 6 Week Body Makeover (before I had ever even heard of 3 Fat Chicks and was, well, essentially ripped off. I'm Italian... I can't avoid pasta... it's PASTA for cryin out loud!!! One week its no carbs, all protein, the next its cabbage tuna surprise. It's enough to make you want to have your own little pea soup spitting head spinning moment. However, back to my original quest, anyone with any info on the BodyFlex system would be greatly appreciated. I've been biking three days a week for a half hour. I just want to add some more stuff to my workout and punch it up a notch or two. Thanks!!! *hugs* and be blessed y'all Denise
Old 09-06-2003, 12:57 PM   #11  

I have been doing the Body Flex for almost 2 weeks. Measured last Sunday and I hadnt lost any inches (Sunday is my starting day). Have a hard time with the breathing part as I have asthma and usually start coughing (although I do use my inhaler just before exercising). Love the gym bar part, and I will keep using it and trying to do the breathing.. I also walk about a mile a day and have a orbitalelipter machine I work on each day.

I figure I will keep this up for another 2 weeks and see how things are going. I really want to strengthen my upper arms, they are really flabby since I lost weight. Have lost a total of 70 lbs in 3 years and my skin is not keeping up with the weight loss. Course I am 55 years old, and I think my skin has lost it memory, along with me LOL

Chris

nothing tastes as good as thin feels
Old 09-08-2003, 04:05 PM   #12  

I did try body flex and while I truly believe in the concept I found body flex to be to harsh and unnatural. I much more prefer oxycise. Same concept just different breathing technique. Much more gentle and natural. check out oxycise.com it's great!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

I currently use BodyFlex. I heard about it from someone on the ediets website. I was impressed that she lost 161/2 inches in 2 weeks, so I had to try it for myself. I went and bought it at the Mall, they have an As seen on TV store there. I found myself loving it. I lost 16 inches in 2 weeks. I was really surprised, because I have been going to curves, and have only lost about 4 inches on average a month since I started going. I now go to curves 3 times a week, and do the body flex as often as possible because it is so easy and you can do it sitting down.

I have read what you all said about Oxycise though. i have heard of it before, and now im thinking of checking into that also. I like having different things to do so that I wont get bored with my exercise routine.
ok well Im off to curves.... have a great diet day
Old 09-13-2003, 07:41 AM   #14  

Default Body Flex question...

Hey everyone...

I have a quick question and am hoping someone might know the answer. I am doing the Body Flex everyday but the weekends are near impossible for me to accomplish the 20 minute workouts. The question for that scenario is, can i just do like fifteen reps of the breathing technique or something? Also, in her pamphlet for quick weight loss success she said the second week 'do your breathing/resistance in the morning and then the breathing again before dinner' ....does that mean another 20min routine or again, just a certain number of breathing reps? Any information would be greatly appreciated. It *DOES* work. I can see the difference in my body and a friend complimented me yesterday... so, it doesn't hurt to give it a try barring pregnancy or asthma. Anyway, its 6:40 am and I'm rambling...maybe I need to go back to bed lol *hugs* Hope everyone is doing well Be blessed -- Denise
Old 09-28-2003, 09:33 AM   #15  

I just bought the advanced workout video from ebay and the breathing technique changes and the repetitions go from 3 to 5. It is a lot harder (believe it or not). I think it is something to work up to. But after the 9 minute workout I really felt it. Just my opinion. Since I started BF at the beginning of August, I have lost 30" and over 15 pounds -- if my math is correct. But I really do look thinner.
Closed Thread