South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #1  
Kate xx

S/C/G: 170/165/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Smile New to SBD

Hello - i am a newbie ...to the SBD and to Fat Chicks website. So hello to everyone!! I am in day 3 of phase 1 and so far so good i think!! Fingers crossed! I only weigh myself once a fortnight so i have a 11 days to go till weigh in!
I would love to hear from any Mums who fit the diet around their kids
I have 3 to keep me busy and so far we have been having seperate meals ..any ideas for family friendly stuff would be FAB!
Looking forward to making new friends
kittykat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #2  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

Welcome!! I am married to an Englishman after living over there for 3 years but now we are in the states

I am only a couple days ahead of you so well done! I don't have any tips as my husband eats what I eat and I make the kiddos separate food because the 9 year old is SUPER picky and the 19 month old loves her fruit and veggie pouches along with some of what we eat. My husband eats whatever I toss his way thank goodness Way to go on teh scale willpower...I have peeked already but plan to record my weight on Saturdays officially since my insurance also makes me go to WW so I weigh in there on Saturdays.
pear_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Hey KittyKat -

I am a mom of 2 - DD1 is 11, and DD 2 is 8. Many foods that I have the kids and DH also eat just fine - with some modifications. If they have white rice or mashed potatoes, I have mashed cauliflower. If they have baked potatoes, I have a baked sweet potato. We all eat LOTS of raw veggies, and my kids love them. They use dip if they want to - and I just avoid. We all use whole wheat bread and pitas most of the time, but the kids do have some "squishy white bread" in the house.

The kids love hard boiled and scrambled eggs, and no longer realize that they eat turkey hot dogs, turkey meat balls, and turkey bacon. I make homemade spaghetti sauce, and we happen to use smart taste pasta by Ronzoni, not WW. Give and take - it just so happens that I would rather have a SMALL serving of the smart taste than a large serving of the WW, and it does not cause cravings for me, so I let it be!

I make lots of dishes like chicken cacciatore, beef stew, and pork roast with extra veggies, so I eat the extra veggies and limit the other stuff for myself. We also cook on the grill whenever we can - lean steak, chicken, pork chops - whatever!!

I'll keep thinking!

Be well -
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! No kids but my DH eats exactly as I do now. After 2-1/2 years eating SBD style he eats very little sugar, no longer craving the sweets AND admits how much better he feels!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

No hints since DW eats whatever I make and I have no kids. But welcome to the forum and to SB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pear_fairy View Post
since my insurance also makes me go to WW so I weigh in there on Saturdays.
WHAT?!?!?!?

Last edited by jenne1017; 10-28-2011 at 10:52 AM.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #6  
Kate xx

S/C/G: 170/165/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Thumbs up Thank You !!

Thank you for the great tips and ideas --- my kids are not too fussy so i think i will start some Family eating this weekend and see how i get on
kittykat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I don't have kids and I"m the only person in my house on SBD, but you should check out the recipe section, they have some really yummy things. I like the taco bake (my sister sometimes eats that, too) and the eggplant lasagna is super yummy
skinnyinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #8  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I have a husband and a child. They eat what I make to eat or they starve. That's just how I roll.

This morning they ate made from scratch whole wheat biscuits with turkey sausage.

They have been eating south beach ever since I have. The only thing different is they get more snaky type food. They eat jelly on their toast, drink sweet tea or soft drinks when it's available, I don't buy it or keep it in the house though. They eat sweets occasionally too. But really I don't make anything special for them or myself. We are all the same here.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote