View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #13
Tejas

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Poor Jojo!!! We learn very early to stay away from black and white "cats."

Maryann, nasal lavage is simply squirting warm water saline solution up one nostril, then the other. It DOES clear the sinuses but some people find it gross. I never did it until I moved here which has some of the worst allergens and pollutants in the country. Anything that works isn't gross in my view.

My holiday plans are in flux. I have held a Thanksgiving dinner at my house the two years we have been here, but this year we are going to my niece's mother's house. I'm thinking that I might have a Solstice dinner since people want to be with their families of origin on Christmas Day. Mine is either dead or incapacitated, and DH's is fragmented. Last year we did go to his grandkids' house to watch them open presents.

In the years after my mother died (1995) and I quit leaving Toronto to go to Texas for Christmas, I often held a Solstice party and had Christmas dinner at a friend's house. Or, I would have a New Year's Day late lunch at my house. In Toronto, Boxing Day (26th) was a big day so that also gave time for more parties.