South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:59 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday Oct-19

Good Morning

I'm up early to finish my painting project so I can get the house put back together before my morning walk. I have to go to work right after I get home. Yesterday was OP and I was happy. We had eggs/veggie sausage/toast for dinner. I really wanted hash browns but instead I pan fried some spaghetti squash. It was excellent and I think I'm over the potatoes thing, especially great since I grew over 20 spaghetti squash this year

My walking with these young women is really working out well. It takes my all to keep up with them but it's just what I need right now. They even have a plan for winter and snow . Yay!

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Good morning.

Sorry I've not been around. With hubby gone I've been keeping myself busy trying to find a job. I slacked a little off plan while he's been gone, but it was pure laziness on my part as I simply didn't want to cook for just me. I did still lose those, 8lbs.

Hubby comes home today, so once I'm finished with my coffee I think I need to run to walmart and pick up a few things. He requested chicken parmasean on whole grain noodles so I've gotta pick up a few other things. Then I need to clean my house. I've had two weeks to do it. But it's more fun to do it only hours before he gets home (sense the sarcasm? )

Have a terrific day!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ladies,

It sounds nasty out there on this Hump Day with rain slashing against the windows. I was thinking of taking the girls out of school early and driving out to Harrisburg for the horse show, but I don't want to drive 1 1/2 hours in this, so Cindy won't have a cheering section today. BTW, she's taken 1st place in all her events so far.

Debbie, I'm jealous of all your spaghetti squash. Groundhogs feasted on my crop this year, plus all my other squashes, too. Enjoy your walk this morning!

SillyFluff, have a happy reunion with your DH!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning DW is home and all is well with the world today. She is even driving herself to work so I have the first day in weeks that is all mine to fill. That won't be hard! So many things didn't get done the last few weeks.

Debbie - Did you just saute the spaghetti squash the way you would home fries? On of the undone tasks was getting to the farm stand down the road for a few spag. squash to stock. I sure hope they still have them!

Fluff - Sounds like a busy day

Well I need a three day list so time to get on it. Hope you slide over hump day with out any unexpected detours

ETA - good morning Cottage. I haven't looked at the forecast and it's too dark to see outside. I'm sure the rain is here too. Ah well, it will keep me out of trouble
I've accepted the impending weather and took the Wii back out last night. After changing batteries and breaking out the extra remote it was fun. The little Wii Fit guy did make a fuss about how long it's been though

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-19-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #5  

Good Morning. Just thought I would say Hi. I have been on P2 for three days now. From what I read everyone has a plan for their days. I need to get to that place, and plan alittle more.

I guess today I feel bad because no one has noticed I have lost any weight, not that I am doing it for them, but it would enlighten my day to know it is really happening and I am not just imagining it. Does that make sense? I guess I am really doing this for myself so I should get over it.

It is good to come on the forum and read posts, it is good to see everyone taking one day at a time and not stressing. I stick to the plan, maybe too much but I need a kick in the butt to get moving with exercise and to think good about what I am doing and how far I have come in less than a month.

It is going to be a cold fall day here, hopefully the sun will shine. Have to get ready for work, good thing it is Wednesday, now I can slide through the rest of the week.

Have a great day.

Chickadeee
Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!

Nice to "see" you again, Silly Fluff. I'm with you on going into overdrive to get things done. I do it all the time and think I sometimes spend more time thinking about a task than actually doing it!

Debbie, great idea to walk with the younger gals. I wish my legs were longer because the local walking women are all about 5'7" or more and I need to run to keep up. I'll try pan frying the spaghetti squash as I have a few to use up.

Went out to the garden to get some parsley for a stew yesterday and discovered that I have another 7 or 8 eggplants! I was sure a frost had killed everything but it just hit the basil. I also have six savoy cabbages. For a neglected garden, it sure has produced. Of course the Swiss chard in the raised bed is still going strong.

It's only 40ºF outside right now and pouring rain. We do pet therapy at one and I hope it stops by then as I hate taking wet dogs into the clinic. While I'm there, I'll get my annual flu shot. It seems to really work for me as I do not get the really bad flu in winter although it's all around me. All I get for a reaction is a day when I think I'm getting a cold.

Time to check the laundry in the dryer. Our electricity is cheaper before seven so I've been throwing in a load of laundry or running the dishwasher early in the morning. It's been making a difference in my Hydro bill.

Here's hoping your Hump Day is an easy one with no really slippery slope.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! I babble on and on and there are three more posts! Cyndi and Cottage, we have the same cruddy weather but I hear rumours of sunshine on the weekend.

Chickadeee, a very belated and I'm glad to see you joining into the daily chat. Yes, we all want folks to notice our efforts but in the end, we have to do it just for ourselves. Hang in there!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:02 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Tina(SillyFluff), yes, I do sense the sarcasm. My Sis is coming Nov. 1 and I've been crossing some cleaning off the list so it won't be so intensive this year. Congrats! on your WL so far. Glad DH is on his way home to help motivate you to get your cooking back to plan.

Linda, I don't envy your weather. I saw it was coming in last night on the news. Too bad about the horse show but I wouldn't want to drive in it, either.

Cyndi, I'll bet you enjoy your new list which doesn't include driving to Dartmouth every day! I had previously steamed the spag squash so I just sprayed a little pam and put it in the pan. I let it brown a bit on one side, sprayed the top with pam and flipped it once.

Chickadeee, this is a good spot. I know it's the only reason I'm still trucking along with SBD for 2-1/2 years now. My previous start didn't even last 2 weeks. We notice your WL here! Congrats! I have found, personally, that I'm far better off to share my successes here and get lots of pats on the back, and not hold expectations for others out in "the real world". On the other hand, I would say that there are times that I have felt very uncomfortable in social situations where someone has made a big deal about my WL.. I guess it's a mixed bag. Rest assured, it "is really happening" and YOU are the most important person to notice it!

Ruth, you are the eggplant queen this year! Wow! I hope the pups stay dry and that you enjoy pet therapy today!

Ok, back to painting.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

Debbie, I've also sauted slaw mix to go with eggs. It looks like hashbrowns.

Silly, I've always said that we need a 'sarcasm font'.

Linda, Does Cindy ride Eastern or Western?

Cyndi, Hooray for Julie feeling better!

Ruth, I used to walk with my SIL who is 5'10". Of course, my sister, who is 4'11" can kick my butt.

Chickadeee, Maybe if you get a new outfit, people will notice how fabulous you look.

I'm having a very tough time getting back on plan after my weekend to the beach. Monday night, my MIL had birthday cake for my BIL. Yesterday, Donut Girl brought a HUGE bag of peanut M&Ms. Today, we have a big meeting that will involve cake -- but it IS sugar free... I've lost my "I'm not eating that" mentality somewhere, and I need to find it!

It's cold here today, too. Yesterday's high was 85. Today's high is 58. It's going into the 30s tonight. I predict our first fire of the season.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, it's so good to hear that Julie is home and even driving herself to work. Enjoy your day of catching up!

Chickadeee, it is a bit discouraging when no one notices your efforts, but keep telling yourself that you are doing this for YOU. That's what counts most.

Ruth, brrrrr! It sounds pretty cold in your neck of the woods! What do you plan to do with all those eggplants? I have one left on my plants, and my DD has claimed it.

Chelby, I'm not sure what kind of saddle Cindy prefers most. But she does a lot of side-saddle events for horse shows. I'm sending you a big dose of willpower to help you get through your week and get back on track -
Old 10-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Stupid phone - just got a text from yesterday that mom had to call 911 for dad, breathing problems, and went back in the hospital. I guess if it were really bad, she would've CALLED, right? Alas, now I am pacing waiting for more information.

Other than that - off to work today. If I'm really lucky, a trail run, and then take the kids out to get costumes and birthday gifts. (oh, and anniversary card for DH....10 years tomorrow!)

Have a great day...
Old 10-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Hello all!

Life is crazy here, so I haven't been around much, or OP regularly. We were planning to make an offer on a great house tomorrow, but got a call last night from our realtor that an offer had come in from another bidder! Eek! The prospective buyer had requested an answer from the seller by last night at 10 p.m., but our agent talked them into waiting until 4 p.m. today, giving us time to put in an offer. We've decided to do what we can to get this house, and are offering full price. That way if we don't get it for some reason or another, we know we did everything we could and will simply have to move on. We are in LOVE with the house though, so i'm crossing every finger and toe that we get it! Closing date would be Dec. 16...can't believe how fast this is happening!

Chelby, I feel your pain on eating!

It looks like everyone else is doing great! Sorry I don't have time for more shoutouts right now, hoping life slows down soon.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Congrats, JENN! I hope everything was fantastic for your wedding!

Cyndi, so glad to see that Julie is feeling great.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Twynn, Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts today.

Angie, If I worked in an Italian restaurant.... oh, my!

Starting the day with boiled eggs -- and on the right foot!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - Sounds like you found a good groove with eating and exercise.

sillyfluff - I actually find it EASIER without my husband around. He tends to bring off plan food into the house and I can sometimes emotionally over-eat OP food because I am fixated on the darn chips or ice cream he has!

Linda - I hope the rain lets up soon.

Cyndi - Enjoy your day. Glad that DW is home.

chickadeee - Sometimes people notice but don't know what to say or even if a comment would be welcome. It's a touchy subject.

Ruth - Wet and rain is my least favorite combination. I've been nagging my boys to get the shot. I think we'll try to drag the teen for his when we are out there next week.

Chelby - I've been struggling since the cocktail party I went to over the weekend. Maybe we need to make a pact

Twynn - I hope your dad is okay

Angie - Good luck!

Not much going on here today. I really, really need to get to the grocery store. I hate going out my door with the roofers throwing stuff down! Our conference call last night went well and we made all our grant giving decisions but ran out or time to discuss other business so will have to talk again next week. I've been eating too much lately and not has as much time for exercise and the scale is responding accordingly. Must get back on track immediately since I have several days coming when I am traveling.

Have a great day, everyone.
Closed Thread