Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #1  

Default Posting

Can we just chat it up here about anything going on or just general or are we suppose to use other boards? This whole site is so big I get worried about losing my posts. Any suggested area to move around in where some of you ladies I'm getting to know here are?
Thanks
WinterCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #2  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

If you check above, you will see User CP, when someone has responded to your post, you can find the post there and they will also be sent to your email.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

When I post you will see my avatar to the left of the posting.Click on my name and you will be able to see other posts that I have made. You can do the same with your own name or anyone else.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #4  

I clicked on the User CP but I think I have to subscribed threads but I think I'll try doing that so I can keep track of all the stuff others and I write
Thank
Old 10-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

cricket - for reasons i've never figured out, this group hasn't had a daily thread, where people just chat. we've tried a couple of times, but we haven't had a lot of success.

we could certainly try it again! our surgeries may be different, but we all face many of the same issues - staying on track ,dealing with stress, coping with life.

what would you like to see? we can make it happen!

and by the way, i rarely post in other forums around here - i know that others do, but i don't know where!

Last edited by jiffypop; 10-18-2011 at 08:54 AM.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterCricket View Post
I clicked on the User CP but I think I have to subscribed threads but I think I'll try doing that so I can keep track of all the stuff others and I write
Thank
Did you read my post ? It works, click on your avatar and you will see other posts.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #7  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I will tend to post after checking the threads that I have posted to (user cp) and I will check new posts and I will check the main support thread, which has a heavy flow of posters. Start posting.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Did you read my post ? It works, click on your avatar and you will see other posts.

I did re your post but I clicked your avatar I tried it again and it worked. Thank You makes it so much easier now
Old 10-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop View Post
cricket - for reasons i've never figured out, this group hasn't had a daily thread, where people just chat. we've tried a couple of times, but we haven't had a lot of success.

we could certainly try it again! our surgeries may be different, but we all face many of the same issues - staying on track ,dealing with stress, coping with life.

what would you like to see? we can make it happen!

and by the way, i rarely post in other forums around here - i know that others do, but i don't know where!
I think it's the fact that we have had some type of WLS so I feel like I would be more understood here. I understand everyone has to deal with "diets" and food when trying to lose weight but when you have WLS there is so many things to deal with like stuck food, issues from our surgeries, fills, hair falling out etc...
I've been trying to dip my feet on other forums but even though I'm a social butterfly when it comes to internet I'm a wallflower...go figure lol
Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

i absolutely agree with you - we DO have different issues than most of the rest of the folks - even though the basics are the same [follow your eating program, exercise, plenty of water, yada yada yada]. we get to add vitamins and blood work and fills and all that other stuff.

And, let's be honest here, there are some folks on 3fc who are completely against surgery [thank goodness, there are relatively few of them!]. we do a pretty good job of keeping them out of this particular space, however.

You'll find your comfortable places - don't rush yourself. there's no reason to put more stress on yourself.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #11  

I think I'm the queen of stress sometimes! lol For real though I'm enjoying having this my home stop and sneaking around in the other forums. As for people who are against surgery...to each their own. :-)
Old 10-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #12  
Old Cackler

after many years and much stress, i've realized that i just CANNOT stress too much anymore. it's not healthy!!!! i have a stress-induced heart issue [i refuse to call it an ILLNESS!!!!] and something REALLY had to change.

so, right this second, i'm calmer and everything, and realizing that i'm not all that hungry most of the time. and that's fine. but it becomes a problem when i'm too tired/lazy/uninspired/ to cook anything decent. so, i made a quick trip to the store yesterday with a shopping list, and picked up some good and fast protein sources. and some of my favorite veggies.

and then proceeded to 'over-roast' the brussels sprouts in the oven, and got way too full on four bites of sausage and peppers.

maybe i'm just not as good a cook as i used to be!!! oh well.

life goes on!!!