General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #1  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Default What's up with TLC's What Not To Wear?

There was a new episode (opening episode of a new season) sometime in mid September, then I believe another one after that.
Then I was out of the country for a week and since then (ie. since my return on Oct 4th), not a single episode.
Does anybody know when WNTW will resume on TLC?

Thanks!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

I've been wondering the same thing!
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

OK. I thought my dvr was dropping the record instruction.

Don't know what is going on.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

They stopped taping so Clinton could be on the new show "The Chew." I heard it was going to resume in December. I think that ABC show was sort of last-minute, so they probably had to alter the taping sked after plans had been made. I'm a creative in the "industry," and I'm guessing that their market research finds that most of us record the show anyway -- and that Clinton is only available during very limited times.

"The Chew" isn't getting very good ratings, and even if the quality of the show improves (I'm not too impressed so far, I've lost interest) they've likely lost their audience. Also it's a weird time -- noon. That said, Clinton might be available more very soon.

I must say, Clinton's segments are my favorite on "The Chew" but a couple of the hosts seem weak, weirdly hyper and/or unqualified. They also do features on ridiculously elementary topics like chili, French toast, sandwiches, etc. that would insult any self-respecting home cook! This is what happens when 25-year-olds with no experience (welcome to Hollywood!) are the top execs lolz.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsons View Post
I'm a creative in the "industry,"

That sounds interesting. What do you do?

"The Chew" isn't getting very good ratings,

I'm not sad. The promos looked like they expected us to be morons. Do we really need another show like that?

This is what happens when 25-year-olds with no experience (welcome to Hollywood!) are the top execs lolz.
I watched AMC which "The Chew" replaced. I have not tuned into the noon hour since. That guy is a dolt.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by cbmare; 10-18-2011 at 06:40 PM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #6  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, crimsons. I have no idea what The Chew is but I do hopes it tanks so that Clinton is available and WNTW may resume. I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote