View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #143
FinnSteven

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Meat-zza and the Dizzy Tostada

"MEAT-ZZA" AND THE DIZZY TOSTADA:

I was dying for a piece of pizza or Mexican food the other day and created this monstrosity to satisfy both cravings. Carnivores rejoice. This is the real "meat lovers pizza" because the crust is all meat.

Ingredients:
Lean ground beef (You determine the portion size. I make a big one, eat half and reheat the remainer for lunch the following day)
About 1-2 TB Herbs (For Meat-zza, I use Pizza seasoning (basil, oregano, marjorum) For Dizzy Tostada, I use my own mix of Taco Seasoning* (*recipe below) (most store-bought have sugar)
Jalepenos
Vegetable Topping: Eggplant (thinly sliced) and/or mushrooms, thinly sliced zucchini, etc
1 tsp olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
Tomato Sauce (I use either tomato paste+1 packet splenda or other sweetener+ herbs, salt + pepper or I blend 1 tomato, 1 red/yellow pepper, 1 packet splenda, herbs, and 1 tsp horseradish)
Lettuce
Chopped tomatoes.

Directions:
1. Mix seasoning (either Pizza herbs or Taco Seasoning) with meat. Add salt and pepper as desired. (Note: be sure to use LEAN meat or your pan will be swimming in grease)
2. Spread a baking sheet with baking paper. Put meat on paper and using a rolling pin, roll out to be a pizza crust size. Reform with your hands to make a circle.
3. To the side of your meat, lay thinly sliced eggplant. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and generous pepper.
4. Add jalepenos (if using) to the top of your meat.
5. Bake at 200C for about 10-20 minutes depending on how well you like your meat cooked (i bake for 10.) If cooking longer, check the eggplant at 7-10 min and take eggplant out when cooked.
6. Take out of oven and sop up any grease with a paper towel.
7. Spread tomato sauce on top of the meat.
8. Lay the eggplant (or other vegetables)on top of the sauce.
9. Serve as is, or top with shredded lettuce and tomato with your favourite approved dressing. (see the "Salad Dressing" recipes link for ideas. Shown is (Walden Farms) 1000 Island.

Be sure to know how much meat you are eating and that you do not exceed your daily limit. But enjoy the power of MEAT-ZZA or the spicy goodness of the Dizzy Tostada!

Here's the recipe for the sugar-free Taco seasoning. You can actually add 1/2 to 1 packet of Slenda or other sweetener to this if you feel you miss the slight sweet and spicy tang. I dont think it needs it and save my sweetener use for the tomato sauce instead.

Homemade Taco Seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

(Mix and store in airtight container)

"Like" My Facebook Page to Get Weekly New Ideal Protein Phase 1 Friendly Recipies with Pix
http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinlohja
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote