Old 10-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Default Squashing Cravings - Especially at Night

My toughest time is at night like many people. The craving hits and I feel a little, ok a lot, crazy. I'm feeling it now. So instead of blowing it, I am on here creating a new thread.

Let's share tips, secrets and how to SQUASH those pesky cravings when they show up uninvited!
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7''

Sometimes, it's easiest to have a early night. Extra sleep and still on plan...Result!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

I solve all my problems about late night eating by simply running my calorie counting day from midnight to midnight. If work keeps me at a meeting late and I need a snack and don't have the calories for it in my plan, I simply wait until midnight and add it to the next day. Usually that isn't necessary but it helps me, anyway.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

I just gave in, let myself eat what ever I wanted today and back watching things tomorrow. I have not done this for a long time and I guess I just needed to do it and get it over with.

The trick is not to beat myself up emotionally for doing it.

I think the point is, I work very hard at staying on plan and one day can set me back but it's not the end of the world.

Getting over the all or nothing past experiences are really important.

Back on track tomorrow!
( I think I'll skip the scale for a few days. )
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #5  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I plan for a snacks.

Some of my snacks around 8:30PM is 1/2 cup ice cream (nice rounded ice cream scoop full) in an small cone. Cone is only 20 calories, ice cream is about 120 - you could go less if you use sherbet. Eat very slow!

Also, when it is very late, and I get a bad craving for a snack, I get a cup of milk along with 1/2 of gram cracker topped with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.

My calories range from 1200-1400 a day.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I also plan a snack for the evening -- like a slice of cheeze; or 3 whole grain soda crackers w/peanut butter; or a slice of cheddar; or 1/2 cup chocolate yogurt ice cream in a cone (only 110 cals); or a small bowl of cereal; or dry raisin bran; or a few nuts; or yogurt with 1 tbl granola on top; or fruit.

On occasion, if I'm really hungry and have eaten less that day, I may even have a slice of whole grain bread w/ peanut butter and a cuppa tea. I figure if I feel hungry it is likely becuz I am; and often I check and see that I haven't eaten enuff that day.

However, I have found that on the nights I have a more substantial dinner, that I'm not as hungry in the evening; and I am slowly pushing our dinner a bit later. I also go to bed earlier now; and read just before bed, so that helps too.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-19-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

I plan for snacks also but sometimes I eat them too early and then end up eating again. This was worse when I worked a lot of night meetings but now I do less of that and am able to handle the ones I do better.

I try to eat a protein snack just before the meeting and have an option waiting at home (like an Ensure protein shake) and have logged the calories for all this.

Usually works.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote