Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #1  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Default My Weekend Challenge

Weekends are toughest for me. I usually promise myself a 'cheat' meal once a week. Usually a Saturday. But the naughty me ends up having a cheat DAY (and in the case of last weekend, a cheat weekend )

So this weekend my challenge - have ONE cheat meal, ONE cheat snack, and leave it at that. No more, no less. I am also going to challenge myself to excerise for sure tonight and Sunday. If I'm not totally swamped I will also try to squeeze in something on Saturday.

My hope is to MAINTAIN my current weight through the weekend.

Nervous now that I've put it out there! Eeks!

MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #2  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

I do the same! My cheat dessert turned into a cheat meal and dessert, then into a cheat day, and finally a whole cheat weekend. I've tried to cut way back to one cheat - either a dessert or a meal item (ice cream, doughnut, french fries...). I challenge myself to this as well! Best of luck to you!
ladyrayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/148/135

Height: 5'8"

Same!! I try to give myself one "cheat" day, where I can eat up to 2000 calories (maybe a few more ). but, lately i've been having cheat weekends... ahhh!!! This weekend I'm trying for Sunday as my cheat day, and Sunday only. So far so good.
lissvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #4  
MsWannaBSlim

Default Sorta, kinda on track

Just checking in on my weekend mini-goal:

Friday was fantastic - eating on track and did eliptical.

Saturday was "meh" - ate more than I should have but didn't totally fall off the rails. Didn't exercise because I was sooo busy all day, but I walked miles in all the stuff I was doing I'm sure....

Today, I stepped on the scale - BIG mistake - It went up by a few lbs so I yelled and jumped off before I could see the final #. Best if I just focus on eating healthy for the rest of the day (so far so goo), and get my run in.

So, this weekend was not a total success, but I think I did better than I would other weekends. I still hope to reach Onderland this week sometime

Hope you other chicks who struggle with weekends are having a good weekend so far
Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #5  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

I did okay this weekend. Friday and today were fine - yesterday I had all my regular meals and got in a three-mile hike. For my cheat, I had chocolate frozen custard with peanut butter sauce, as well as two pieces of Halloween candy. A little more than I planned and it showed on the scale this morning. I was hoping the hike would off-set the treat. I promised myself I wouldn't weigh in this morning, but I did it anyway :-( I'm hoping it will be better tomorrow morning.
ladyrayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #6  
MsWannaBSlim

Default It makes a difference

An update:

Sunday was very good. Followed my healthy eating plan. I did my run. Out of curiosity I drove the same route to see just how far I ran - it was 5 kms!! Totally surprised myself. I think my treadmill panel must be off! It says I usually run only 2 or 2.5 but I felt I ran at the same pace/same time. Oh well. As long as I'm getting my activity in.

So I HAD to weigh in this morning. I managed to break even, which is better than most weekends. So I guess when we put in our bodies does make a difference. Little reminder to my self to keep that in mind when I feel the urge to hork out and call it a 'reward'. Good job chicks! I know we struggled a bit but I think this little mini-goal was sorta helpful in not going completely overboard. Thanks for joining me

My next mini-goal for this week is to reach onderland! I am soooo excited to see that 199 so I can clean out my closet!!