View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #140
FinnSteven

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Pita Bread. Yes BREAD! (IP Orange Pancake)

STUFFED PITA BREAD (IP Orange Pancake / IP Crepe (?)):
Bread? Bread! Bread! Bread! Yes, there is a Santa Claus and he comes in the form of bread. This is a super easy recipe that I was surprised with how good it was.

I am also looking for someone to let me know if this works with the IP Crepe (or maybe even the Crunchy Cereal "pancakes"). The Orange Pancakes for the Pita turned out amazing (and I LOATHED them as pancakes).

These are pix I take myself, so what you see is actually what it looks like. Yum.

Ingredients:
Pita Pocket:

1 packet of Ideal Protein Orange Pancake (should also work with the crepe but I havent tried that yet)
1/8 - 1/4 tsp Pizza herbs (dried basil, oregano, etc)
100 ml water (about 4oz)
Pinch of sea salt

Filling:
Stuff with your choice of vegetables and dressing.
I use:
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Sprouts (this was mandatory for me. So good)
Chopped tomato (I used 4 cherry tomatoes cut into 4 pieces)
Sliced and grilled mushrooms
(Mix all ingredients together. I pour my dressing on the ingredients in a bowl and stir before stuffing the pita so that the dressing is evenly divded and I get more tastes with less dressing)

Dressing:
Use your choice of dressing from the Dressings list:

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 175C (350F).
2. Mix IP Orange Pancake, herbs, water and sea salt until you have a thick batter.
3. Spray a circular pie pan (I use glass) with PAM or other non-stick cooking spray. This is very important, since if the bread sticks to the bottom of the pan, it will tear and make it difficult to stuff the pita. (You can also use baking paper)
4. Spread batter into the full circle of the pan, being careful to NOT go to the edges.
5. Cook for about 20minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
6. Remove from the pan, and slice down the middle. You should then be able to take a knife or scissors and open up a pocket like pita bread.
7. Fill with your stuffing of veggies.
If you fail (you wont....but just in case) the bread makes an amazing tostada base...so just stack your salad ingredients on top, add dressing and eat that way. Just as delicious. If you look at the picture, I make one half stuffed pita and cut the other half into pieces to make litle open faced sandwiches with the lettuce.

"Like" My Facebook Page to Get Weekly New Ideal Protein Phase 1 Friendly Recipies with Pix
http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinlohja
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote