Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 08:34 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#364

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 07-07-2003, 09:10 PM   #2  

I know your posting Thin, so I won't give you heck. LOL...

Just popped in to read and saw that justme posted that Amy Whinn lives upstairs from her. That is too cool. I would be star struck too. I am also a Trading Spaces fan, I don't like Hildie at all, I think I would cry my eyes out if she were doing my house. She is just to wild for me. I would love to see her house. Have they ever showed it? I know they have done some specials about the designers but I have never caught them.

See you all tomorrow.
Sandy
Old 07-07-2003, 09:23 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Lest the posting police come out to get me, I guess I will take a minute and tell you about my day.

I'm sure you guys have just all been holding your breath wanting to know if I did indeed go join Curves like I promised. Well, before you all pass out, from holding your breath too long, I did go back. I did not join, but I did go back. Here's the scoop:

The girl was really nice. She told me their coupon comes out next week and I won't join unless there's a SALE. I brought in an old coupon I got this Spring that was 60% off the sign up price and she would honor that, but the one that's coming out next week is for 1/2 price registration and then you get the rest of July and all of August for FREE. So that's a much better deal!

I told her I had heard of people getting a free week and she said that's not the way to go either, because then they won't give you any discounts when you sign up once you’ve taken the free week. I guess they think the free week is your discount.

So she gave me a free workout today taking me around to all the machines and showing me how to use them. She said she felt real bad that she sent me away last week and couldn't do anything for me. I told her I was really disappointed because I had been psyching (sp? ) myself up to come in for the past month.

We hit it off right away. I made jokes about my fat and we both just laughed. It was fine. I think they really look at you like, hey you're doing something to help yourself out, rather than laughing and making fun of you. I asked her if she knew CPR. She said, "why? are we going to have to find out?" I also asked her who the heck put the big mirror up on the wall, that it wasn't very flattering. She agreed and said she wasn't sure who the brilliant one was.

I liked it. Well enough, except for the sweating! My a$$ won't fit into one of the machines, I rub. But I just rub, I don't actually stop the machine so I will do it anyway and love it when the hips fit good. It will be one way to measure my improvement!

Two of the machines are very hard to get on and off of. Not graceful at all. It's ones that you sort of have to mount like a horse only the seat back is where you would swing your leg over so you have to get on from the front.

Ya know, I'm getting an attitude. It's been building for about 6 months now. No more apologizing for my fat. This is me, if people like me, great. If they don't, they can go to he!!.

Anyway, as I was leaving today, she told me that if I wanted to come back this week during the hours she was there, she'd let me work out for free until I sign up next week. It was real nice of her to offer to let me come this week for nothing. She even told me that she's not there tomorrow, but if I wanted to come in, I should just tell the girl I stopped in for a trial workout and not mention Tracy's name. The other girl would never know that I had had my trial workout today.

So, for any of you that want to try it, I say: Go For It! And yes there is some flexibility to the fees and such. You could even ask them if they'll take an out of town coupon and then let me know and I'll send you one next week.

Mary: Can't wait to try the meatloaf recipe. Honey will be in heaven. Meatloaf is his favorite meal, believe it or not.

Barb: Your dining room is beeeoooootiful!!! It turned out loverly. Is the paintjob called 'glazing'? I do spongepainting and from the picture it looks similar. Yours probably looks alot better than mine in person, but pictures never do things justice. (Just look at how beautiful we all are and how crappy most of us think we look in pictures and you'll know what I mean. )

Amanda: I hear ya on the steering wheel. It felt real good when I could actually steer the dang van again. You'll get there too. [[[hugs]]]

Tina: Oh honey, you and Ron are so sweet together. [[[[hugs]]]] to you too. There is always a reason for stuff that happens. Sometimes it just takes some time to figure it out. The sun will shine through those clouds your experiencing, just be patient.

Lucky: Me too. I'm not 'sinning' either, but damn, some days it's hard.

2cute: Now you're the one who exhausting me with all of the activity you're doing. Smell the roses, honey! Gotta take a minute.

Andria: You're so good getting your dad set up with his cooking. My mom doesn't really have too many health issues, other than wanting to lose a few pounds, but being alone, she hates to cook. I know where you're coming from. I try to make an extra portion now and then when I'm cooking and take it to her for something different.

Kat: I'm with you, back down to business. I liked your terminology "baring my ample flesh". CUTE!!!

Sandy: Some times it's more work to go away on vacation than it is to just stay home. It's really a shame, because the guys always call it "vacation"!

Justme: I checked out the recipe website, it looks great. Now if I can just find simple, easy, no cook recipes there I'll be good to go.

Pam: I'm glad you found us again. I was worried that you had decided not to stay. I don't do much via e-mail, just really don't have the time. It's about all I can do to keep up here with one thread. You'll get the hang of it pretty quick the more often you post.

Lori: Wondered where you went. Glad your 4th of July binge is over and you are back on the straight and narrow.

Connie: You too. Missed ya. Good job throwing that Hamburger Helper away so you wouldn't be tempted to eat it all. Sometimes that's what we have to do. It's a new week so give it your best shot.

Ok, I think I caught up with everyone. If not, I apologize once again. Know that I love you all. I'll catch ya later.

"The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that perseverance means a strong WILL and obstinancy means a strong WON'T." - Lord Dundee

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-07-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:33 PM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Ok girls drum roll I have been op all day.

I have started journalling again I think that was my down fall I stopped journalling.

Work is the pits. They are cutting our budget. so we have no money for programing and may not have any for buying books come Oct.

I cooked Orange Roughy for dinner with mexican rice and I had a salad and string beans. The fish was ok but I really didn't like it much.

I want to lose 20 pounds by this time next year.

Well I am tired so I am going to bed but I will be up eveery hour going to the potty(all this water)
Old 07-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Talking I had a great Day!!!

After WATP video I was tired since I had only got 3 hours of sleep last night. I took a little nap-kept getting interrupted by the darn phone. Then I got up, did some house work, and cooked dinner. I'm way under on cals today. I haven't even consumed 1100 cals. I think that coffee thing worked-thanks Lucky. I just wasn't really hungry.

My hubby's first day on the job went well from the sounds of it. He came home smiling anyway. He is out working on putting his truck back together now. Who knows, I haven't tried driving it in a long time-maybe I can now. He has at least got the engine back in. That is a major step. Now he is hooking all the hoses and such back up.

I think I'm going to have a little dessert and then try doing the WATP tape again. Maybe only half a mile this time? Just something to kick my metabolism up a bit before bed. I don't want to burn myself out-but I do want to work out while I''m motivated. So, I'll see all of you later. Have a great night.

Old 07-07-2003, 10:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies,

Just checking in - sorry about not having time to post replies.

I am determined to kick some fat out of town. I got out my Johnny G spinning video and hung in there for 30 minutes. Great workout. I just got back with the dog from our 1.5 mile walk.

Food is good. DH and I are back at South Beach. We're still doing phase 1 except I'm adding yogurt and shredded wheat for breakfast and a fruit at lunch. The plan is to have whole wheat pasta on Friday night with some sauteed shrimp.

I'm going to give Fitday a try just so I can have more info on what we're eating. Geez, work gets in the way of my plans for improving our health!

Got to go cool down and wind down for bed. Have a great OP day.

P.S. Go Thin! I was thrilled for you when reading of your going to Curves and doing the workout. Just keep the motivation!
Old 07-07-2003, 11:05 PM   #7  

Phew...it finally cooled off. For now.

I also realized I hadn't eaten anything since lunch. BAD LORI! So I fixed myself a light snack to tide me over until morning. Bless the heart of my PCP; he may have hit the nail on the head with this new seizure medication--it really does kill the appetite (and doesn't give me heartburn like the old one did )

Speaking of commandments, here is one for you cat owners and lovers, not that my two cat brats follow them anyway :

Thou shalt not jump onto the keyboard when thy human is using the computer.

Thou shalt not pull the phone cord out of the back of the modem.

Thou shalt not unroll all of the toilet paper off the roll.

Thou shalt not sit in front of the television or monitor as thou are not transparent.

Thou shalt not walk in on a dinner party and commence licking thy butt.

Thou shalt not lie down with thy butt in thy human's face.

Fast as thou art, thou cannot run through closed doors.

Thou shalt not leap from great heights onto thy human's lap.

Thou shalt not climb on garbage cans with hinged lids, as thou wilt fall in and trap thyself.

Thou shalt not reset thy human's alarm clock by walking on it.

Thou shalt not jump onto a seat just as thy human is sitting down.

Thou shalt realize that the house is not a prison from which to escape at any opportunity.

Thou shalt not trip thy humans even if they are walking too slow.

Thou shalt not push open the bathroom door when there are guests in thy house.

Thou shalt remember that thou art a carnivore and that houseplants are not meat.

Thou shalt show remorse when being scolded.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:41 AM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

Good evening... I have no business posting again but I can't help myself. I just love coming here.

Thin.. thanks for starting the thread again. We both seem to do it in groups. LOL I will start 2-3 in a row and then none for a couple of weeks. LOL
I was glad to find a long post on this new thread. I was going to tell you the 11th commandment... Thou shall not only post 10 commandments and not post something personal.
And as far as "smelling the roses" ... I am happier being productive than I ever was being lazy. Life IS ROSES !!!!

Tina... It will take some time for you and Ron to adjust... but ...maybe just maybe ... something WONDERFUL is going to come from this. As they say... "if life gives you lemons... make lemonade."

Sandy and Tina... I like the Chinese guy I think.
I hate the Know it all guy !!!! Such an ego manic !!!!
And a couple of those women... you say any color but purple... and sure enough they paint the room purple.
I would NEVER let any of them do a room I really care about. LOL

I also like Designers Challenge and Designing for the Sexes.
I just wish I had the money to do some of their stuff.
I get frustrated with the Before/After show. Most of those houses are NOT remodels... they are total NEW houses. You cannot call taking a 400 sq ft house and making it 14,000 sq ft a "remodel"
See what I mean... I get addicted to those shows... and I did not even mention Room by room or Design on a Dime.

Justme... what a surprise.... having a "tv celebrity" living upstairs.
I do like Amy. She is a sweetie. I never knew they made that show in Penn. I just assumed it was made in California.
I may have missed it... but did you ever mention your real name??

Mary... ON PROGRAM !!!! YEA !!! Way to go !!!
If you keep doing that you will be at that 20lb goal long before next year.
Amanda...I am so impressed your doing the WATP tapes... Twice !!
My husband "used" to work on cars all the time. NOT anymore though. I tease him and say he used to be "My McGyver" but now he is more like my "Mr. Magoo"

Terri... I keep hearing about this South Beach diet. I have never read anything about it. I guess I am going to have to look it up.
Just from what I have heard here... it sounds pretty good.

Lori...I am glad your medications seem to be helping so much.
Finding the right combinations prevent you from just spinning your wheels.
I used to have a cat that never heard of your commandments. LOL

Okay... that is everyone from this thread thus far.
I am going now. No packing... just to bed. Zzzzzzzz
Old 07-08-2003, 06:50 AM   #9  

Morning girls,

I don't have much to post this morning, but I did find out that "BIG BROTHER 4" starts tonight. I am so excited!!!! Out of all reality shows this is my favorite!!! Does anyone else watch?
Old 07-08-2003, 07:26 AM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

I'm Hungry help
Old 07-08-2003, 08:08 AM   #11  

Exclamation Mary Stop!!!!

Mary-
STOP RIGHT THERE!!!
Now think for a minute-you did all that good grocery shopping this week-find something practical and filling and then put the padlock on the fridge. I'm going to have to find a deadbolt to put on your strap on the wagon.
Love ya-You can do this!!!!

Old 07-08-2003, 08:26 AM   #12  

Default Good Tuesday morning ladies

Ladies,

I enjoy reading all of your entries. Isn't it wonderful to have support? I am finding it so inspirational and motivating. I get up now looking forward to every morning and doing things that are healthy for me. One of them is particpating in this forum now. I thank all of you for that! It feels wonderful to actually look forward to facing the day again, just about two shorts months ago, it was such an effort and a struggle. I was stuffing myself with food, as I have done much of my life. Stuffing all the emotions down, and trying to fill a void that can never be filled by food! I know that now for certain. I am finding other positives to fill my life now and taking to all of you fills that bill! Just wanted to say how grateful I am.

Connie, so glad you live close to me, cant wait to meet you.

Sandy thanks for the e-mail and the encouragement.

Amanda, I so look forward to our talks.

To all of the rest of you, look forward to getting to know you. Mary....you hang in there, you can do this, and you deserve it!

Have a great day
Old 07-08-2003, 08:42 AM   #13  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I have just had the most stressful night's sleep (actually, not sure you can call that sleep...), and finally gave up trying to fall back asleep around 5. I came in here and found so much to smile about! Thank you. Being back here is doing so much to boost my spirits.

I'm trying to decide if yesterday was a good food day or not. The more I remember about what I ate, the more I have to come to the conclusion it was not only a bad food day, it was horrible! Time to get back seriously to my food journaling. My original ideas for the day and my main meals were perfect, but all that other unaccounted for stuff made a mockery of the rest. Ah well. At least I worked out yesterday?

I can't get in replies to everyone, but I did want to congratulate Thin for going in to Curves. Some of those machines are a bit awkward, aren't they! I remember not even being able to get one in the right position to start without help. Fortunately I was strong enough to do it on my own within two weeks. Might sound silly, but it was a huge confidence builder to see I was making that kind of progress in such a short time. I hope you end up feeling the same way. And as for that mirror... no, that wasn't well thought out!

The dog is letting me know it is time for a morning walk. Eldest daughter is at a sleepover, so it is me or DH this morning. He works nights and has school during the week and a job on the weekend mornings as well. This is his one day with nothing on his plate at all. Letting him sleep in sounds like the right thing to do, don't you think?

Take care all and have wonderful days!

Andria
Old 07-08-2003, 09:00 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone! It is going to be a beautiful day, hot but who cares, I'm down another pound so I guess I'm doing something right. Even with the candy I ate yesterday. I am just feeling so wonderful today. It's only 2 more pounds until I reach 10 pounds lost. Before long I'll have all 60 down the drain and I'll be cruising in my size 9 jeans! Can't wait to get home and burn off some of this energy at the pool.

Question?
Why do we switch the thread so often? Is there a rule as to how many pages you can go? I've seen some threads that are way over 30 pages. Just curious.

pjkdreamer,
You couldn't have said it any better. I feel the same as you with this forum. It is very motivating to know that there are women out there just like me. Going through the same issues. I finally feel normal.

Grannie,
Remember this; Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! Hang in there!

2cute,
My "real" name is Natalie, I don't think I have ever mentioned it in this thread. About Trading Spaces, I'm not sure where they film it. It's definitely not in Philly cause Amy is often gone for weeks at a time. I think this is her home town and she's been living here for quite some time. She is a very sweet girl. A little noisy sometimes, but I let it slide. I mean, she is a celebrity...

Lori,
I loved the cat commandments. I have two kitties myself. Mike and Minnie, they are exactly as your list describes. But I can't resist there cute little kitty faces. How can you be mad when a big lump of fluff plops down on your keyboard and wants pets. You just can't I say!

Thin,
Give me some time and I will produce some great recipes for you. I love to find new things. I'm glad you liked the website!

Hmmm, do I have a Tuesday tip?
I have been practicing not eating after 8 at night. Supposedly when you go to sleep with an empty belly your body has no choice but to burn your fat stores. So, clam up after 8, or at least 2 hours before bedtime.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:12 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Default just a quickie here...

I have to get a quick nap in so this will be short. I just dropped the smelly dog off at the groomer for a bath and some primping and then I have to pick her up at 12:45 for a check up with the vet...need those shots updated before we can bring her to the kennel for her "vacation." (while we take ours!)

I just wanted to say "hi" and welcome to Pam...I can't remember if I did already, so there ya go! It is nice here, isn't it? I can really relate to this line:
Quote:
Stuffing all the emotions down, and trying to fill a void that can never be filled by food!
That's me! Just what I'm trying to avoid/soothe/fix I'm not quite sure...I have a great husband, wonderful kids, we're financially stable... Just a lot of old baggage I'm trying to work through, I guess...baggage which includes 'family issues', which brings me to my next reply...

Barb...I gotta side with Jeff, though it sounds like you've reached a nice compromise. Vacationing with family has rarely worked well for us. And I'm talking about either side!! His parents have ruined too many of our vacations and I wouldn't even dream of vacationing with mine!! (MY decision...not that dh would ever go along with that one!) It sounds harsh, but that's how it is! We have gone away with my sister and her family, but we have a lot in common and even that is too much togetherness at times. I'm sure you'll have a great trip though, and at the rate you're going, you're going to look smashing!

Mary....STEP AWAY FROM THE GOODIES!! You CAN do this!

2cute...
Quote:
I am happier being productive than I ever was being lazy. Life IS ROSES !!!!
YOU BETCHA!! You go girl!

Terri...you are my inspiration! I gotta get my dh to take a walk on "the Beach" with me too! Fitday is great for tracking your eating.

Amanda...Just a hint: Don't go TOO low on calories, that can backfire by either slowing down your metabolism and/or making you SO ravenous you over-indulge...Well, that's what I usually end up doing, anyway!

Thin...You really lucked out at Curves there! I think the people really make or break a place. The one I originally joined was nice, and the owner was a doll. I switched to one in my town because it was much closer, but the women who ran the place were just awful...each one would come and correct my form, but three different women gave three different versions of how something should be done! And they weren't nice about it either! I ended going back to the first place for a while, but gave up my membership after the year was up. Now to just dust off my gym membership card AND USE IT!!

Well...I've gone on much longer than I wanted to...I simply have to take a nap!

Hi to everyone else, see you all later...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-08-2003 at 09:15 AM.
Closed Thread