South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Popping in to say hi

Hey everyone,
I wanted to check in with you all and let you know where I have been/what I am doing. Based on some testing I had done back in August, I decided to radically change my diet from a low carb, protein heavy, fat not so careful interpretation of SBD to a predominantly vegan, good carb heavy, low protein diet.

It has been a real re-learning experience for me and frankly I haven't weighed myself since I started this transition so I have no idea if I've gained/lost weight or what. My clothes seem to fit the same, but who knows. I do feel much, much better physically and mentally though. The way I was doing SB (not saying it was the right way, just the way I was doing it) I was only getting carbs in the form of veggies and the occasional grain - now I am eating whole grains at least 3x per day. Also, I've pretty much cut out all animal protein except for 2-3 eggs per week and 2 or so servings of fish and perhaps 1-2 servings of chicken. I used to eat animal protein 3x a day at least and a lot of cheese. Now the only dairy I am having is one cup of kefir a day. Not that I never cheat, but mostly this is what I am doing. It's a radical change for me but I'm finding I'm less depressed, sleeping better, so much more energy.

Of course I'm trying to only eat whole grains and good carbs, and now that I've been doing this for a while I need to find my way back to a place where I can focus on losing 10 lbs. from where I am now. I know many here do SB as vegans/vegetarians so I'm sure I can make it work. I miss catching up with you all!! My son is having his tonsils out tomorrow so I might be back more regularly next week when things calm down. My love to you all, and I'm looking forward to being back in touch soon.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Matilda!

I'm so glad to hear from you! You are in my thoughts often, especially during the hurricane. I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! I'm curious as to what type of testing you had done? I'm constantly learning and tweaking and have cut some foods out, too, dairy almost 100%. You are missed here and I hope we get to see more of you from time to time.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, Matilda! I'm glad you are finding an eating plan that you are comfortable and happy with.

It's good to hear from you, as we've been wondering how you were doing.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hope your son's surgery goes well!

Last edited by jenne1017; 10-14-2011 at 08:25 AM.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Matilda been missing you around here. Hope the surgery goes well. See you back here soon. Can't wait to hear more about your plan
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote