Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 149/146/135

Red face New Here! Where do I begin?

Hi all! I am new here and looking to starting the MRC. Looking for anyone that is also beginning this weight loss. I am not even sure where I should begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jessie
jezzie1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #2  

Default new too !

i am new too, still trying to get to grips with stuff but loving it all the same, hope to see you on here again http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...lies/smile.gif
hotcakes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Are you going to a center or trying to follow the plan on your own? At a center you will get very detailed instructions. It's not for the weak. You really have to be strict, and some of their rules don't seem to make a lot of sense sometime. But I can't stay accountable on my own... I start and stop, rationalize and procrastinated. I hate/love the center. But I need it. Good luck!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #4  

Height: 5'0"

I'm new, too. On day 4. Unfortunately, not all centers are created equal. They didn't give me much info on why they have you eat certain things or do certain things. If I knew why, I'd be far more likely to follow the plan strictly.

However, this forum is a virtual treasure trove of information. Just do a search for words you are interested in learning more about. That's what I did and learned a lot they didn't tell me at the center. Plus lots of recipes and less expensive alternatives for their supplements.
PamBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:09 AM   #5  

I have to say I agree- if I understood the why behind some rules, I would be more motivated.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamBlue View Post
I'm new, too. On day 4. Unfortunately, not all centers are created equal. They didn't give me much info on why they have you eat certain things or do certain things. If I knew why, I'd be far more likely to follow the plan strictly.

However, this forum is a virtual treasure trove of information. Just do a search for words you are interested in learning more about. That's what I did and learned a lot they didn't tell me at the center. Plus lots of recipes and less expensive alternatives for their supplements.
One thing I will encourage you to do is go to the food instruction class (I think that's the name, it's the first one they offer after you start). In my opinion, they should have that before you start because it explains a lot of things. When I started I was just given the pre condition menu and said eat these things. When I asked how much I was told, eat until you aren't hungry. That frustrated me but I plugged along.

Until you get to the class, the easiest way to explain this is you eat a protein and every thing else (fruit, veg, carb). Your protein has to be more than the everything else because the protein burns it away. The protein will burn the carb, fruit, veg etc and any protein that is left will burn fat. It's why (at least for me) it seems you are constanly chewing on that protein. The HNS are like a bonus protein to help the fat burning out as well. I hope this makes sense because I see the chart in my head and not sure how explaining it seems without it.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 149/146/135

I want to try to do it myself. I simply cant afford the amount Metabolic Research Center wants me to pay at this time. Anyone else trying this on their own?
jezzie1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #8  
Fighting the flab

S/C/G: 18.3/18.3/11 to 10 stone.

Height: 5 foot 9.

Smile New too

Hi there, I am new too, I just signed up. I have starte dthe cambridge diet today, Im wanting to shift the belly but keep some hip,boobs and butt about me (I know, I know in a dream world) my friend has been on the cambridge diet for around 5 months and she has lost 6 stone, I have seen the results for myself which is why I have decided to start the cambridge diet.

How are you getting on?

Rachel.xx
willbeayummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #9  

Default off my own bat

I am doing this by myself, no center or club or anything, its a lot harder in some ways but a lot easier in others, first off i had to get in the right frame of mind and tackle all of the issues that were disrupting my efforts, then i had to get eating properley to give me some energy, that done i put some time aside for myself and got exercising promising myself i wouldnt make excuses. that is the short version, i found this site and blogged my heart out and it all started to fall into place, i am well motivated now, and realistic, some days i can not fit things in but i do eat a lot better. for the long version and it is long, read my blog "Getting your head around this healthy eating and diet malarky" , i just said it how i see it , let me know what you think if you do read it . Good luck with your goals and stick with it, good things are often hard to come by !

Last edited by hotcakes65; 10-13-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: error in blog title
hotcakes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #10  

My understanding is that protein keeps your body from using lean tissue when you are reducing your intake. If you don't eat enough protein, you will lose mussle, and since mussle is more metabolically active, your metabolism slows down. That is one reason people gain so quickly after a diet. the diet actuallly slowed their metabolism. Having the body fat calculation done every month is good to monitor not just the obvious fat loss, but also mussle.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #11  

Height: 5'0"

Thanks for the additional info. I was on pre-conditioning for five days before I went to a class.
PamBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #12  

I am new as well. I tried the plan several years ago. I went to the center it worked great. I got a lot of support. I am looking to start the plan again, but I dont have the sheets anymore. If anyone can email me the pdf with all of the sheets I would really appreciate it!
shemyvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #13  

Red face new or at least starting over

i am starting completely over. I did this a year ago and then had someone in my family get very sick and ate only fast food for months. So i start over, really need good breakfast ideas that are fast and portable.
simscook is offline   Reply With Quote