General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Default Not sure what to do?

I have a coworker that I'm carpooling with to I guess save some money (it's really like 10 dollars a week which isn't much to me) but lately I'm realizing that it isn't working out so well. First, I have been having problems waking up or I'm sick or I'm thinking about doing things after work that don't involve me going towards home straight after work. Second, this person has an attitude a lot of the time-- when I don't agree with the ideas or if I can't carpool because of one of the said reasons. I woke up after the time (a couple minutes) I was supposed to get her today and I apologized. It ended up working in my favor because I found out I have to leave work early anyway. I don't know whether I should just say I don't want to carpool or is there a better way to end the carpool without a confrontation because I already know she is probably going to stop talking to me when I say something. We work in the same department and I also don't want it to be bad for business. I don't feel we are that close as friends either.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Just tell her that carpooling isn't working because you're having some difficulty with making it on time, or that you have commitments after work that require you not to go home. I would hope she'd take it well - it's just not working. No biggie!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #3  
Sue

S/C/G: 221/217/120

Height: 5' 3

I agree with Munchy, it isn't anything personal about the other person, it just doesn't work with your life.
Luvmyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #4  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Eek! I hate confrontation with someone I know is going to give me attitude.

BUT, I know the grown up thing to do is talk to her honestly.

"Co-worker, it's been nice being able to conserve a bit by car-pooling, but now that we've been doing this for a few weeks, I've realized it is really starting to hurt my routine. I don't like feeling guilty because I have problems waking up, or don't feel well. I've also noticed I'm not able to run errands after work either. I'm sorry this hasn't worked out for us."

Yeah, I know, easy to say. I hope it goes well.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #5  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Just don't carpool.

Say "I'm sorry but this isn't working for me" - you don't need to explain yourself. You don't owe her anything.

I had the same thing a few years ago. One person that I pooled with... he is a nice enough person, but OMG, sorry! - he gets on my LAST FREAK'N NERVE! - I just couldn't be in a car with him 1 hour a day 5x week ... so I opted out of the carpool. It costs me more money in the long run, but my sanity is worth more.

So yeah, just don't carpool.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 10-12-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

"I'm sorry but I am going to have to quit carpooling with you, I tend to oversleep from time to time, decide to run errands after work on a whim sometimes, nothing personal, it just isn't fair to you"
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote