South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Friday SBD Chat for 10/7

Good morning everyone.

I'm getting ready for work. Finally got a call to sub. It has been a ridiculous school year so far with the new program they got. My husband and I were getting a bit worried about finances as I still hadn't worked since school started in August. I recieved an email from the secretary at one of the school I work at alot and she said that there has been subs that aren't using the new program correctly. Well subs AND teachers. Apparently they are sharing passwords so that jobs are being accepted before the actualy posting shows up. Not quite sure how they are doing it as I don't know a whole lot about the program. So that explains alot.

Hubby left yesterday for a 2 week long field op. Luckily I'll be on phase II when he gets back. Poor man, I gotta love him, he hasn't had bread or noodles since i started even though I offered to cook them. He said he didn't want me to have that temptation so he was fine with not having it. He's actually been eating what I've been eating. Sweetest man alive. If you knew how picky he was, you'd understand.

Well, I just figured I'd start the Friday chat since I was up. i hope you all have a terrific day and I'll speak with you all soon.

Tina
Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tina, and thanks for starting us up. Your husband sounds like a real gem.

Big baking day around here this morning. I had planned to get started during the week but things got away from me ... bigtime. I have the big mixer (my very old Kenwood) on the counter and the ingredients ready to go so things should go well. Four cakes, four dozen squares and lots and lots of cookies are the plan. I am very strong when baking and don't sample so fear not!

I do have to go to the darned bank mid-morning to get some change for the sale at the Mill tomorrow. Aside from baking, we also will have garden produce for sale, particularly pumpkins and squash, and there are BBQ hot dogs and drinks as well. It's going to be a beautiful sunny day so it should go well.

Jazz got a haircut yesterday and Disney gets a bath and trim today. I got my hair cut yesterday too so we are all set for Thanksgiving weekend. The weather is going to be wonderful - I sort of hate to be leaving on Sunday.

TGIF and enjoy the day.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Tina - Your husband is definately a gem! Hope the stuff with school gets cleared up so you can get more time in.

Ruth - I have to sample! It works much better to make a 10x14 pan that I bring directly in...so it's definately obvious I sampled then . Y'all must look spiffy with your haircuts!!

Trying to relax this am, thinking of everything I have to do before we leave today. It shouldn't be too bad, I think it's avoiding mopping the floors, which is not my favorite chore!

The coffee is great this morning!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I did not want to be up this early But, I guess now I have time to chat here before I head out for my road trip. I'm driving between 6 and 7 hours, the longest I've done myself, to Little Rock. I'm meeting up with three "diet" bloggers, only one of whom I've actually met in person before. I think the weekend will be a lot of fun. If anyone is interested you can check them out on their blogs here, here and here. None are SBDers.

Tina - Sounds rather underhanded and unfair. I think you were very smart to toss hubby's junk food!

Ruth - I wish I had your baking resistance power! I love that you and Jazz had your day's of beauty "together."

Twynn - Have a great trip! Hope you share pictures.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Chickies!

Sophia, I'm with you -- I'm too old for girl drama, too!

Tina, This WOE is so much easier if hubby is on board. He sounds like a good guy.

Ruth, I'm with Twynn. I couldn't bake without sampling. You are strong!

Twynn, Have too much fun on your trip! Are you driving the whole way?

Karen, Enjoy your trip, too! Do you have a book on CD to keep you company, today?

It's going to be a quiet day in the office. Yay! My supervisor and I will be there all day. Donut Girl (who is actually doing WW now) is leaving at noon. Everyone else is in a conference out of town. I'm dressing down today.

I was wrong about the shrimp boil. It's two weeks from today. And, I was looking forward to shrimp! I may have to buy a pound today.

Happy Friday!

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-07-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tina and Ruth.

Tina, you DH does sound pretty special, willing to sacrifice to encourage you along. I'm glad the school finally called you to sub, and hopefully this will get you back on the schedule again.

Ruth, happy baking day! I'm like you, as I rarely sample as I'm baking.

Twynn! I just noticed you snuck in! Have a wonderful trip and you know we're hoping for pictures!

I'm having a relaxing coffee or two before I start packing my bag. My dr. apptm. got rescheduled, so I'm in no rush. I'll get to Leenie's this afternoon and spend the night, then we're leaving at the crack of dawn for NY.

It's promising to be a glorious fall weekend, and I hope to see lots of Fall Foliage.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We're busy posters this morning!

Good morning Karen and Chelby!

Karen, you'll be just fine driving by yourself. I often take off on long drives by myself. In fact, I'll be leaving later this morning for the 2 1/2 hour drive up to Leenie's, but that's nothing compared to the 6 hour drive to Ruthie's. Have a great weekend with your friends!

Chelby, have a nice relaxed day at work today!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a chilly fall morning here but looks like a perfect weekend ahead. I'm definitely getting outside to mow and clean-up my garden. I think I'll plant a garlic patch too.

Tina - thanks for getting us started. So glad you have support at home. It really makes things easier.

Ruth - Add me to the people who are awed at your willpower. Just the smell would do me in. Sounds like a fun pre-vacation weekend

Twynn - Happy vacation! Can't wait to see pictures

Karen - wow, everyone is on the road this weekend. Hope the weather there is as nice as it is here.

Chel - Happy casual Friday

Cottage - NY?! Now I'm really jealous It should be lovely there this weekend. Happy travels

Not much happening here, which is just fine with me. DW has a follow-up appt. this afternoon so we are heading north again. At least this Friday she will come back home with me after! I'm getting back into the groove of my big fall To Do list. Yesterday I canned some applesauce and cleaned the dehydrator trays. Today it's vacuum sealing, dehydrating some greens and maybe some winter squash. I'm definitely getting out for a walk again too. It's too nice to stay inside all day

Happy Friday Beachy chicks

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-07-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning all....leaving in a few minutes to go look at four houses! We're pretty excited.

I don't have much time for shoutouts, but it sounds like most of you have fun weekends planned! I hope everyone's travels go well, and Cyndi I'm glad to see things are settling down even more at home.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning!

I love new days. Especially fall ones! I am not going to beat myself up about my two falters this week (yesterday's was very very bad and involved more than 3 donuts) and got back on the horse this morning. I got up early, took DW to the metro station and went food shopping. Because we paid double bills this month (the move and the landlords are trying to bilk us out of $1200 of our security deposit so we're out a bit of money), I was on a strict budget so I can't do a true PH1 for 2 weeks as it's too pricey to buy two sets of meals right now. I've also got 2 loads of dishes done and found my house keys!

This weekend will be full of laundry and cooking. I love me some Taco Bake.

Tina - Thanks for starting us up! I am impressed with your cupboard clean!
Ruth - I don't know how you can bake and not sample!!!!
Twynn - I haven't mopped in years! I swiffer
Karen - That's awesome! Good luck with the drive.
Chelby - Yay for dressing down! We do every Friday.
Cottage - Have a great trip!
Cyn - I agree with it being too nice outside. I might go walk around the pond if my stomach holds out long enough!
Angie - Have a great Friday!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello

I couldn't get internet this morning and had to jump into work/projects. We're doing an hour a day at my moms right now which keeps her moving forward in manageable steps. Today we cleaned out another cupboard in her basement. I went to Sherwin Wms early since I need a project. I'm painting the living room...right now trying to decide it I like the color. Think I'll call Kirk to come in and look.

:waving: to all!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jenne, I bake and don't sample by doing this:
- I floss and clean my teeth
- I have a big glass of ice water on the counter
- I wear surgical gloves so I don't lick my fingers - I can't imagine licking rubber
- I chew sf gum sometimes

It works! Today I made six layer cakes - 3 apple spice and 3 pineapple - all iced. I also made a triple batch of butterscotch bars (72) and a triple batch of cranberry and white chocolate cookies (96). Sounds crazy but I didn't have even a crumb or a white chocolate chip. I used to make a batch of cookies and end up with 18 instead of 24 from "shrinkage" - those days are gone forever, I hope.

IT CAN BE DONE!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Luckily, I am not a baker! But good techniques Ruth!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth. You're crazy. But we love you anyway.

Mom called me at work today. That in itself is a feat, as we are not on very good terms. She called to say dad went in the hospital last night, and mom sounded pretty freaked, which of course, freaked me out. I was figuring out how to fly to FL tomorrow morning (no flights left today) then fly to AZ on Sunday. But, sounds like he's doing okay and will hopefully go home in a few days.

So, the trip is on as scheduled! And Chelby...we're flying. I only get 2 weeks vacation a year, divided into two. I wouldn't have time if I drove!! I fantasize of a 2 week vacation...
Closed Thread