Old 10-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default 40-Something Chat/Accountability All Welcome!

I'm still hacking and coughing. I can't sleep which isn't helping either my energy or my state of mind! Stupid allergies. My dad on the other hand is doing great and recovering well from his heart surgery.

Ashley, I've noticed a lot of thread and other forums are slowing down. I think this is just a busy time. I'm sure it will pick back up and everyone will be back when things settle down.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #2  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

patch- I've been coughing for two weeks w/ my cold. You feel like crap if you can't sleep! hope you feel better soon!

I've been exercising everyday in some way, the weather got chilly all of a sudden. Still working on maintaining between 114-118lbs. It's alot easier than trying to maintain at ten pounds less. I think this is the right range for me. Still cooking everyday, all my meals are prepared in advance. This is working real well for me. I don't even want to buy junk, I bake my own sweets!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

PP - hope you feel better, great to hear of your dad's recovery!

FL - sounds like your doing well, way to go on the exercise too!

I had a bad sat food wise but once again back at it. Just can't give up have to keep on going.
Finally went through my clothes and got rid of 4 garbage bags full. I am not a hoarder in anyway as I love my house clean and in order but for some reason I cannot get rid of clothes, they were all in boxes downstairs and a few upstairs and got rid of stuff I will never wear again even if they do fit and and stuff I just don't like anymore as I have bought a few new things. My dresser is full as well l but now mostly with things I will wear and a few of my favs that are still a bit tight. I even sent two shirts back to Khols with my stepdaughter when she left as they still had tags on them and I have never worn them.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243.8/230.6/130

Default New here

Hi, I will be 40 next March, so I hope it's ok to join you guys! My reason for trying to get in shape is to at least look and feel better for my 40th birthday. Although the main reason is to be here for my kids! I have a 14 and 2 year old who I want to be around for a long time. I'm doing WW and just joined a gym. (We'll see if I can motivate myself to go! LOL)
My DH just made an appt for me tomorrow at the gym for their "personal training" schedule for me. He's goin in on Thursday although he's a toothpick! Gotta love it!
I"m definitely an emotional eater so once the stress comes on, it's like the food appears in my hand. So I'm trying hard to distinguish between being actually hungry and just upset. I have a Mom who has a bad heart, Alzheimer's, brain aneurysm, and really bad osteoporosis in her spine. My sister and brother both have MS and are in wheelchairs, so my plate is full! Not to mention dealing with the terrible twos and a teenager! LMAO
So I hope you guys don't mind me cutting in. I'm just trying to find some friends on this site for support and to chat with.

Thanks!! Have a great day!
slimby402012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #5  

welcome - slimby40- I am sorry to hear about your mom and siblings that must be very hard.

you have a teenager and a two year old (forgive me while I laugh uncontrolably)...... I am sorry it is just real funny, my kids are grown so I know the trials and huge trials they were! does the teenager ever act like the two year old or vice versa?

I wish you the best in your journey, sounds great that your hubby is going with you too, you are very fortunate to have that!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Feel better PP and fruitlady!

Welcome slimby402012!

Nice to see you here Ashley!

I am just checking in to keep myself accountable. I have a bit of a stomach bug going on, so that is keeping my diet on track somewhat! One good thing about feeling sick. One bad thing is that one of my kids also has it, so instead of pampering myself, I gotta take a licking and keep on ticking. It's tough to be the mom when you are sick.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #7  

Guac, it sure is tough to be a mom when you are sick. There are no 'sick days' for sure. Although I do like having a stomach bug as it can keep us on track for sure, as long as it is not the pukey kind.

Had popcorn for dinner last night, with butter. I know this isnt normal dinner food but i enjoyed it while watching a movie and hubby was out so had the house to myself (which is rare) it was nice to not beat myself up and enjoy an evening to myself with my popcorn. Getting ready to go for lunch workout, have been working out harder and feeling stronger which is great. I have a mini workout on the way to work and can now walk all the stairs on the way here whereas before I could only do 3 escalators now I can walk up all four Yay... and they are like mega escalators bigger then usual i think because the are underground.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #8  

Still not feeling great. I get this sinus problems twice every year so its no big surprise; spring and fall, when the pollen counts are high and the weather is changing. The two years I lived near Seattle I didn't even get a snuffle, but most everyone gets this to some degree or another just living here.

Guac, Hubby has been very good about helping me around the house since I'm not feeling 100%, but the only thing he won't do is wash dishes. Can he not see them piling up???

Slim, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Ashley, good job on getting rid of the clothes.

FL, good job on finding a range you enjoy, the great meals, and the exercise!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #9  

The good news about being sick is I have a lot of time to knit. My friend's son and DIL just discovered at 5 months they are having twins. So I needed to make another baby outfit to 'match' the first one. This one is a darker green.

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...pics/001-2.jpg
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...pics/002-2.jpg The hat looks like a cactus but will stretch to fit baby's head. I try to make them sized closer to 8 months.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #10  

pp - well at least you have time to knit - twins yikes. What a cute outfit. Hope your feeling better soon.

we just got news hubbies youngest daughter is going into a residential care place, its a great place looked at it online, as she lives with his sister far far away from us in the U.S. We are praying that somehow he could go visit her before she goes but we don't have any money to get him there and back and who knows it may be harder for her if she sees him right now as this has been an issue in the past with both him and her aunt and uncle.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello Wednesday.
PP: Cute outfit! And how special that you're hand-knitting them!

Ashley: Hope the residential care place works out. Sorry your DH can't visit like he wants to. Oh...and yea on the escalator thing! Keep it up and soon you'll be doing them without thinking!

Guac: hope you're feeling better soon. No day's off for mommies!

So I gathered all my breakfast foods and plugged them into the counter. Holy cow...my breakfast has too many calories!! Sheesh. I'm going to have to rethink this meal. The real killer is the granola in my yogurt. I really need the fiber, but not the calories. May have to find a different brand/kind.

Have a lovely day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #12  

Oct 5,
B= 2 c milk, vits, cereal
L=roast beef, fruit salad
S= carrots and spicy ranch
D= stew, 1 bread
S= choc muffin, milk, nyquil!
E= 46min cardio

back to logging food and exercise!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi ladies! I am going to try to better on checking in. I MIGHT be back to losing, I'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I SO want to change that ticker!! Food seems to be evening out. I just need to find a wider variety of the healthier home cooking meals. I baked chicken breast the other night and it turned out so good....just a simple recipe, but it was just perfect.

We have a big football game this weekend. Thought I was going to have a houseful but that has changed and that's probably a good thing. I won't make as much junk to eat that way.

I've started a new hobby and it is taking up part of my spare time and I am loving it. Once I get started I forget about wanting to snack too much. I am doing soap crafting with melt-and-pour soap. It is so fun! I have a bunch of Halloween soaps made up and am going to bring them to work next week to see if anyone is interested in buying them.

Welcome to our new sisters!

Moondance-Good for you for calculating your breakfasts. Granola is a tricky one. I love it, but I just can't find a place for it. Too much fat and too many calories.

P.S. I've had a cough for over a month from the cold I had back in Sept. Driving me crazy, but slowly improving.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Hi everyone! Annie - I wish I was crafty! I can't do anything artsy...and it would be a nice distraction from snacking!

Just checking in. Having a so-so week food wise. Could be better but could be worse. I don't feel like I have lost any weight.

My legs, back, and neck have been aching. I feel like a creaky old lady - I guess I am one! I have been taking Advil almost every day for the past week. It does help, but the aches come back again as soon as it wears off. Haven't been exercising...I know that is the key to weight loss, but I haven't been able to make it happen yet.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!
Annie-post pics of your soaps. They sound darling!
Guac-hope you're up for some exercise soon!

Still tracking calories and making adjustments (goodbye peanut butter on my english muffin ). I'm feeling pretty good about Monday's official start. The really good news is I got on the scale this morning and I was down 7 pounds from the last time I weighed. I'll keep my starting number at 205...it'll make me feel better!

I thought these boards were more active...is it just the time of year?
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote