Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 07:58 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Sat & Sun, July 5 & 6

Happy Day After July 4th,

What a wonderful day today, the weather was hot but wonderful for playing in the kiddie pool.

Tomorrow the same......hopefully take a nap during the day

How's your weekend going ?

Hugs!
Old 07-05-2003, 09:08 PM   #2  

Hi Everybody,
I'm new here. I ran across this board the other night while dinkin' around on the computer and thought, "Hey! That's what *I* need!"
I introduced myself on the other thread but nobody replied so I thought I'd try here.
Here's my long story made short:
6 and a half years ago I was working humanitarian aid in the Third World... doing what I love, and almost finished with my BA in anthropology and ready to start grad school.
I met the man of my dreams and got married. We went right back to work at the orphanage where I met him until we decided to break off from that organization and start our own.
We came to the states to raise funds.
3 years later, he cheated on me with my best "friend."
I crashed and I crashed hard.
That was two years ago and I have gained over a hundred pounds. Now -- heart problems, high blood pressure, edema, clinical depression... the works.
I finally realized that I was going to die if I didn't get to the doctor and get the help I needed so I did that a couple of months ago and am now feeling much better.
I'm back in school and will be starting grad school next semester. I'm leaving my husband after summer semester is finished.
I'm on a low fat diet, taking xenical which taught me right away that eating fats is not longer WORTH it. LOL

Anyhow, when the antidepressants and the counselling started kicking in I realized that I was systematically killing myself with food. Shame from feeling indequate because the man of my dreams betrayed me with someone half my age (now half my weight!). All those issues...

But I really feel I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now. I really feel like I am on my way out of this nightmare I've been living for the last two years.

I need some new friends. I have not made new friends since my husband cheated on me and am having to learn how to trust all over again.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and I'm glad I found my way here.

Peace,

Caroline
Old 07-05-2003, 11:51 PM   #3  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Default Hi remember me?

I bet you all thought I'd got lost in cyberspace!! I've been very busuy and haven't taken the timeout for myself that I needed to so I haven't been here for a while. I just wanted to say I'm back and looking closely at my life and diet and everything I guess.

Oh Leens you make me jealous...very cold her, winter ans snow (something we don't get that often so the kids are having great fun)

Hey Caroline nice to meet you..you couldn't meet a better bunch of people than the ladies here..great support and a shoulder whenit's needed!!

Hope you all have great weekend and I look forward to catching up with you all again....

Anna
Old 07-05-2003, 11:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

hi Caroline *S.. and welcome... small but friendly group here.

Am soooo disappointed and upset for my daughter.. she is off at a national juniors competition (judo, how'd anyone guess).. fought all the way to the medal matches, and had to quit thru the bronze medal match.. may have rebroken her collarbone... thank goodness her dad is with her this time.. they are going to the hospital tomorrow morning to have it x-rayed... doc at tourny told them they'd be there hours if they went this evening...... poor kid.. she broke it in competition in Sept, rebroke it in Nov and lost her place to go to Canada Winter Games because of it.. finally got the all clear in early April and trained her heart out for this weekend
Old 07-06-2003, 12:56 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Sunday Ladies,

HI CAROLINE !! welcome to our little corner of the world. We are glad to have you w/us. Hope you can stay and play a while.

I'm really sorry to hear what happened w/you and your ex-love and your ex-gf . It just broke my heart reading your story.. Men are pigs but some women are worse, and to a best friend of all. Geeeeeesh!

Anyway, I hope we can help you get back on track.

I decided to start Atkins today instead of tomorrow, so today I am preparing some dishes to make the week go smoother and make sure I stick to this. I'm very excited (as usual lol )

Talk to you all tomorrow at work !

Hugs, Leenie
Old 07-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Good luck with the Atkins Leens *S
Old 07-06-2003, 07:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Good afternoon my little chickadees!

Caroline, it is very nice to meet you. I am sorry about the struggles in your life! But I know we all look forward to getting to know you and hopefully it will lighten your load by being able to come here and share with others.

Judomom - sure hope your daughter is ok. So sorry about the disappointment.

Leenie, you go girl! You just couldn't wait to get started low carbing huh! ;-) you'll have to tell us what dishes you prepared ahead of time to keep you on track! You can do this!!!!

Hey acw! so good to see you! wondered where you were! please keep posting and stay in touch!

I posted all my exercise on the exercise thread and won't bore yall by repeating it here, but lets just say that I'm not sure that I will be able to move tomorrow! ;-) sure hope my scale moves tho lol lol lol

hugs to all,
cathy
Old 07-06-2003, 10:55 PM   #8  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Hi quick hello today

I've got three sick kids and it's the school holidays! Was at the doctors this morning and ear and chest infections. So miserable kids around at my house! I just grabbed a couple of mins to check emails and say hi before it's back to nurse duty!

Anna
Old 07-08-2003, 11:14 AM   #9  

Angry Late entry

Just catching up.............

ACW glad to see you back! Missed you!

Caroline nice to meet you....glad you found us here! Keep posting!

Judo soooooooo sorry about your daughter!

Leens how is LC ing going?

Cathy you are soooooo funny with the rocks!

Eliz
Old 07-09-2003, 12:45 AM   #10  

Default Hi Caroline

Hi Caroline:
I'm new here too, and can feel for you. I am in the midst of a divorce now after almost 26 years of marriage, and find myself eating late at night. I've been on meds most my life for depression, PTSD, DID, etc...but this really threw me for a loop. I never saw it coming and still don't really understand why he wants a divorce. He says he just doesn't have feelings for me anymore. Just wish he would have giving me some warning! I'm living in an apartment with my 17 year-old son right now. I've never lived alone, paid bills, or anything...so this is going to be a real learning curve.
It sounds like you are starting to get over the initial shock and move on with your life. I wish you luck, and am here to support you.
Closed Thread