View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #135
daw123

I was looking through some of my old Woman's World Magazines, and on one cover was Genie Francis from General Hopsital (she played Laura). She went on medifast and lost 40 lbs and went from a size 12 to a size 2. WOW.

Then they had their own plan. They did a lot of diary, but I think that's because it's hard to get protien in all 5 meals without it. And they added fruit too. Probably to make it look more healthy. Plus probably to up the calories. This so they don't get called out and people saying its a "fad diet", which people tend to do with very low calorie diets/eating plans and haven't tried or researched them.

They had things for the 5 meals like
  • 1 packet of low sugar oatmal or 1/2 cup plain instant oatmeal & 1 cut fat-free milk
  • 1 single serving box or 1 bowl cerial (up to 100 calories) & 1/2 cup fat-free milk
  • 8 oz container of lite yogurt & 1 tangerine
  • 1 protien or energy bar (up to 110 claories with at least 9 gm protien) & 1 lite fruit cup
  • 4 oz container or 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese & 1 mini box or 2 Tbs raisins
  • 1 hardboiled egg & 1 ready pack-baby carrots with ranch dressing or 6 baby carrots with 1 Tbs dressing
  • 1 bag lite microwave popcorn, cooking spray, 1 Tbs Parmessan cheese
  • 1 oz string cheese & 1 small apple
  • 1 packet no-sugar-added Carnation instant breakfast & 1 cup fat-free milk
  • 100 calorie almond pack or 15 almonds & 1 tangerine
  • 1 single serving pouch or 1/3 cup canned tuna or salmon, 2 tsp fat-free vinaegreet & 10 all-bran multigrain crackers
  • 1 single serving containeror 1 bowl canned soup (up to 125 calories)

Then the "L&G Meals were
  • Quick Omelet: 2 oz lean ham or any lean protien, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cupts chopped nonstargin vegetables
  • 1 frozen dinner entree (up to 280 calories), 1 cup green vegetables
  • 5 oz chicken breast, lean beef or seafood seasoned to taste & 1 1/2 cups cooked nonstarchy vegatbles drizzled with 5 tsp. olive oil

I found their plan... interesting.

They did have some interesting side notes

In one German study, dieters using a plan similar to Geneie's sharnk their wasts 240% more than folks using a traditional low-fat diet.

Increase your protien intake to about 30% of your total calories and you'll automatically want 494 fewer calories a day, say University of Washing scientiests.
daw123 is offline   Reply With Quote