General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #1  
~Kim~

Default Forks Over Knives.

Curious to see what other people who've watched it thought.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I really loved it, but then again, I'm a vegetarian that is transitioning to veganism. I'm kind of a nutrition junky (I'm even dropping out of grad school to reapply to a nutrition program) and that along with The China Study have been my favorites lately (I REALLY recommend The China Study). I love how you go into it thinking it means only forks (veggies) over knives (meat), but you leave with the idea that forks (nutrition) should be sought before knives (surgery). I don't really have the research/statistic skills/time to verify everything, but I really believe it's a good start. What did you think?
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I also saw this documentary two weekends ago. I found it really interesting because not too long before, I read "Why We Get Fat" by Gary Taubes who argues the exact opposite (no fruits, more meat and vegs). Anyway, I enjoyed the documentary a lot because I do think we're not meant to have a lot of dairy as we grow older and I am on the fence on how I feel about meats in our diets. I think we should eat more natural meat, but definitely less of it. Therefore I have been trying to learn a lot more vegetarian / vegan recipes.

Anyway, due to watching the documentary, I found that my local Whole Foods is putting on a free Engine 2 diet 28 day challenge for free. You join and say you're going to go on the E2 diet for 28 days and you get free cooking classes, and health education about eating more plants. I joined in on that and now i'm on day 4 of the Engine 2 diet. I am trying it out and I have to say, it has been kind of difficult to get in all my protein. ( I am training for a 10K in 8 weeks. ) Our next cooking class should address this though so maybe that will help.
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarplant View Post
Anyway, due to watching the documentary, I found that my local Whole Foods is putting on a free Engine 2 diet 28 day challenge for free. You join and say you're going to go on the E2 diet for 28 days and you get free cooking classes, and health education about eating more plants. I joined in on that and now i'm on day 4 of the Engine 2 diet. I am trying it out and I have to say, it has been kind of difficult to get in all my protein. ( I am training for a 10K in 8 weeks. ) Our next cooking class should address this though so maybe that will help.
That sounds really cool! Wish mine would do something similar!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote